Sign in to follow this  
Cosiek

No skin in new game on starting items

CaptainChaotica    5803

Me too.  I mean, I'm not gonna deliberately kill off Bernie real fast just to get Ashley--but I do have that skin, so I should be able to use it...

...Notorious

JustCrimson    691
On 2/23/2021 at 7:24 PM, Misa22 said:

I agree that it would be neat. And I actually hoped for it to be included when the survivor compendium came out, since you actually see the starting items there. 

Maybe in a future QoL? 

ask @zarklord_klei

Cheggf    2083

This is the reason I didn't buy the bundle that had skins for Wendy's ghosts and some other stuff. The way I see it, skins for items you start with that don't get destroyed are completely worthless because I'm not gonna be seeing that skin unless someone dies without instantly leaving and without being revived and is willing to cooperate with me to make some evil flowers, because for some strange reason every single Klei server always has people pick all the evil flowers and presumably use any Clean Sweepers that drop from totally normal trees as firepit fuel.

If this option were added (and it should apply to beards, too) then adding more character specific skins would also be pretty nice. Lucy, Warly's various cookware, the Codex Umbra (since it's on the floor a lot), and the Trusty Slingshot would be good choices.

Edited by Cheggf

Dr. Safety    4315

I would not be surprised if this is in the works and will be a feature at some point in the future. When that will be is still in question, but I have no doubt in my mind that this is something they kicked around the office before.