I think it's time for adventure mode, and the ability to defeat Charlie

I loved adventure mode in DS. I think we need the same here. Creative worlds with twists, leading up to a final world and a battle with Charlie herself, much like Maxwell in the original.

I mean heck, make one world ocean world with tons of smaller islands. Winter world. Darkness world. Evil pig world with an evil pig king boss. I mean the options are many.

Even let us choose the form of each world and take them down in whatever order we like.

And then of course let us continue playing but... I'd like to, finally, have a shot at a "win" condition. Maybe an exclusive shadow skin for victory.

Doesn't even have to be a crazy raid boss, something to do with friends, a real adventure in DST.

It's time. Don't even care if it's paid content. It's time to defeat Charlie (and maybe unlock her as a playable character some day).

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You mean you think it’s time for adventures mode and the ability to quest to free Charlie from Thems influence and unlock her as a playable character**

And I Agree!

3D0CAC9A-64AE-4E76-8454-692570879D63.thumb.png.10bd427a8e9d0b67643279c8c0db104c.png

I would love that. In fact I wanted to say it initially but I was afraid it would be just too much so I wanted to keep it reasonable.

that’s why I went for shadow skins, so we can be inky black even if we don’t get the new character. 

but hell yes, the game must have adventure mode! And Charlie would be so cool.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:51 AM, Chesmu said:

We have the adventure mod on DS, and it's alive, still on Steam store; If you copy an adventure mode to the multiplayer game, there is no reason to buy the DS anymore.

So... we should never expand on content because it might kill the single player experience? The people playing single player who have no interest in DST content will continue to. Single still has hamlet and shipwrecked. This is like arguing there should never be a sequel to any game or game mode for fear it might make people buying the original... except most of the people here are already  playing DST, or they’d be in the DS forums.

Adventure mode to defat Maxwell is fun and I can NEVER play that with friends. Doesn’t have to be the same but I want this game to grow and the multiple world concept is a fun and interesting challenge they could do in a million different ways.

You’d rather DST not grow?

We need a win condition. It’s time.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:16 AM, Well-met said:

RoT is our "adventure mode". Let it finish at least.

It would include all this content and all future content before and after. It would just add a “campaign” of sorts. I’m enjoy RoT and I hope more follows! But I want to take on Charlie like we took on maxwell before her.

12 hours ago, SaphironX said:

Expanding content is alright, we have that happening for a long time since 2016; But adding the adventure mode to the multiplayer game, which has an end, is attaching 100% of the single-player game to it, and making DS useless to buy. Not to mention finishing an online multiplayer game is like shooting at your own foot.

We have more of the same type requests, like adding Shipwrecked to DST, or adding a multiplayer to Shipwrecked; What we need to understand is, removing some from here and attaching it over there is not progression.

Yeah sorry man, I couldn’t agree less. Adventure mode added a ton to DS and DST lacks that entire element, I hope they give us that someday because DST has nothing like the challenge worlds building to the final battle. It sounds like you want a permanent sandbox and a campaign only when playing alone, but you don’t speak for everyone. I’d love to have an actual campaign to play with my friends and so would many others.

The notion that finishing an online multiplayer game, even if it lets you continue afterwards, is shooting yourself in foot is a notion I doubt even 1% of multiplayer gamers would share. It’s awesome to have goals in game to achieve with your friends, and a boss to work towards like we did maxwell in the original.  

Anyway I appreciate the feedback but this is something I’d love to see and I have seen many request like it from many players, so I’m not alone... who cares if it borrows a bit from single player, I can’t do the maxwell version with my friends, and they could make some amazing twists and upgrades to the concept if they liked to make it infinitely better. And I’d love to take down Charlie.

I want this. I want a win condition (where you could continue after winning of course). I want creative worlds like a world with islands and boats or maybe a black and white world or some unique bosses. Like the original was amazing but imagine what klei could do now. it can’t just be an endless sandbox forever, and they could always make it survival only for people who don’t want to bother... but I loved taking down maxwell in the original. 

I see no downside to entering the portal and clearing the old world with the stuff on your back, and all players would need to enter so if you had an ongoing relationship as opposed to randoms, you’d already have agreement. And you’re playing with randoms, just go when you’re alone.

They could do worlds where the biomes are all different colors with oil for water, or have other animal skins replacing the inhabitants like mctusk villages and a duke of all mctusks (like pigs, each one wouldn’t have blowdarts), whatever they wanted, they could have unique non-raid bosses to beat to progress like evil pig kings... you know, it could be adventure mode! New things to see, a twist on the regular.

Dude. Adventure mode done right and updated would be amazing. You seem to think they can’t give us this and innovate at the same time, I don’t want a carbon copy, I want the evolution of the idea.

You seem very opposed to the notion, not sure I get it, but I hope you’ll respect that I don’t agree and not make this a you vs me back and forth about why multiplayer shouldn’t in your view have an actual structured challenge or endgame goal, most of the best mp games I’ve played were sandboxes with a really incredible structure and final boss. And no, it wouldn’t make DS useless to buy, I still love ds and it has unique content, but it might expose an entire range of new players to a great concept and make our games multi-world finally.

Plus who wouldn’t want to visit mctusk villages instead of pig villages. I bet they’d have a duke rather than a king.

Cheers.

Archived