Divergents: The Solved Mystery

1 hour ago, MooChiChi said:

@TheMule

Mate, this is not a doctoral thesis. I don't argue about decimals and fractions of percentages - especially not if they are irrelevant to a valid conclusion. At the end of the day you will still be able to feed the specified number of dupes, regardless of whether the calculation is ultra-precise or just precise. So what's the point?

PS: My Sweetle ranch example is... a Sweetle ranch example. A ranch on which Sweetles are bred (and no Grubgrubs). Anyway, accordingly to the numbers and IMO ranching Divergents for meat is still less efficient than a Grubfruit farm - no matter which eggs they lay.

How about actually reading my post?

2 hours ago, TheMule said:

I'm ranching sweetles, and I'm making them produce (mostly) grug grub eggs. The numbers:

15x6000 kcal (BBQ) -> 90000 kcal / 75 cycles = 1200 kcal per cycle, 1.2 dups, so a ranch of 8 feeds 9.6 dups.

In your example one sweetle ranch (8 critters) feeds 3.2 dups, in mine about 9. How is that arguing about "decimal and fraction of percentages"? Sweetle ranches can almost 3 times more efficient than you claim them to be.

55 minutes ago, TheMule said:

How about actually reading my post?

Same.

2 hours ago, MooChiChi said:

PS: My Sweetle ranch example is... a Sweetle ranch example. A ranch on which Sweetles are bred (and no Grubgrubs).

That means: my example refers Sweetles which NOT tending Grubfruits. It's just Sweetles who laying Sweetles eggs.

It is as if I were telling you 1+1 = 2. Then you explain to me that it could be 4 if you calculate 1+3 instead. We both have the right result for different calculations. So what are we still discussing here?

56 minutes ago, TheMule said:

In your example one sweetle ranch (8 critters) feeds 3.2 dups, in mine about 9. How is that arguing about "decimal and fraction of percentages"? Sweetle ranches can almost 3 times more efficient than you claim them to be.

As already mentioned (several times), this value relates to a pure -mono- Sweetle ranch. I never said that there is no way to increase the output.

4 hours ago, MooChiChi said:

Mate, this is not a doctoral thesis. I don't argue about decimals and fractions of percentages - especially not if they are irrelevant to a valid conclusion.

hmm, guessing you actually meant "relevant" (shares virtual coffee :))... That aside you reminded me of this one:
image.png.72a11f285d69e41547962b7a2779ff4d.png

I confess there are really good ideas I'll look into for a next build and loving this thread so far...

On 2/1/2021 at 4:22 PM, MooChiChi said:

Ranching Divergents...

(for meat) is basically pointless. A brief analysis of the numbers -compared to farming Grubfruits with Grubgrubs- will show this very clearly:

My point being this conclusion is wrong. Ranching divergents (done properly) is much more efficient than ranching hatches.

On 2/4/2021 at 1:12 PM, TheMule said:

One thing tho, I don't think the numbers for ranching sweetles are correct. I mean they are of course assuming all eggs are swettles egg, but I'd never do that. I give them plants to tend so that most the eggs they produce are grub grub eggs. You get grub grub eggs  (1.5 x the meat) at the rate of sweetles eggs (4.5c).

It seem super clear to me. Already acknowleded your numbers are correct if you produce sweetle eggs - we're past that, since my first comment.

When comparing what's more efficient, it seems obvious you should use the best option available.

Ranching Divergents...

(for meat) is basically pointless. A brief analysis of the numbers -compared to farming Grubfruits with Grubgrubs- will show this very clearly:

My point being this conclusion is wrong. Ranching divergents (done properly) is much more efficient than ranching hatches.

One thing tho, I don't think the numbers for ranching sweetles are correct. I mean they are of course assuming all eggs are swettles egg, but I'd never do that. I give them plants to tend so that most the eggs they produce are grub grub eggs. You get grub grub eggs  (1.5 x the meat) at the rate of sweetles eggs (4.5c).

It seem super clear to me. Already acknowleded the numbers are correct if you produce sweetle eggs - we're past that, since my first comment. 

When comparing what's more efficient, you should use the best option available.

And no, I don't mean it's better than farming, just that the difference is not as great as portrayed.

@TheMule

Et voilà

The examples of both Divergents refer to mono ranches. It is quite possible to increase the meat output, when you run a grubfruit-tending Sweetle ranch which provides you with Grubgrub eggs. How exactly this works can be inquired @TheMule. It was very important to our friend, that the maximum meat output of a Sweetle ranch is not underestimated. Anyway, ranching Divergents -no matter how- won't get you as much food as a Grubfruit farm, tended by Grubgrubs.

glad i could help with the arbor trees.  with grubgrubs and sublimation stations/pufts, arbor trees/ethanol have become much more efficient with the dlc, by my math i'll get about 90kg water a cycle per arbor tree which could be a little more with slicksters but they produce about 3.75kg pwater per cycle so they won't be a high priority

i do want to add that the sweetles are the only critters that i've found to put out 2 eggs when starvation ranched.  one at 10 and another around 20 cycles of age, they die around cycle 24 from the starvation.  does require them being groomed though, being a short lifespan and not tending to as many plants typically means very little grubgrub egg chance

another oddity i've found is that they can tend to grubfruit plants that are stunted/not growing.  wild plants would be best but you can also use deactivated hydroponic farm plots or slightly out of range temperatures to stunt.  but, i'll usually do 3 sweetles groomed/fed then have 4-5 grubgrubs fed/glum to tend other plants for my farms/ranches.  fertilizer + grubgrub rub = op

another overpowered thing this dlc is pacu eat nosh beans, you can feed a lot of dupes off of a couple nosh sprouts with pacu if you're already doing ethanol, only trouble is temp control as nosh beans rot at >4c temps

5 hours ago, zach123b said:

another overpowered thing this dlc is pacu eat nosh beans, you can feed a lot of dupes off of a couple nosh sprouts with pacu if you're already doing ethanol, only trouble is temp control as nosh beans rot at >4c temps

If you've built a stable, climate controlled nosh bean farm then I'd say you've earned your cooked fish.

I have sweetle infestation, they march diligently about the bottom of my base doing nothing because they've been put out of the job by GrubGrubs. They scurry about in the depths of my base adding a bit to the horrid decor of my storage units.

Easiest ranch ever. Feed them and they multiply, they eventually die and create meat of course.

I let the hatches do the same - just wander about aimlessly and bury at night. I have such a low population of dupes, it's like a 10:1 ratio of critters to dupes in my colonies, purely by mistake too.

I only ranch a few of the plug slugs at a time, trying to keep them wild so they don't die off from starvation - seems like they're being born tame though, so there's a bit of an ore problem.

Archived