Some broad skin suggestions for belongings.

Hi! 

I find myself always most excited when new belongings skins are released. Character skins are nice but u have to be lucky for the character you like/play most to get one when an event comes. The huge builders bundle we got a while ago contains some of my fav skins in the game. I wish we got those kind of bundles more often. 

Here are some suggestions for types of skins id love to see: 

• Silver colored Birdcage. 
    • Most of them are gold/red themed. The 3 cooler toned birdcage skins are all heavily thematic (winters feast, hallowed nights and pirate).
    • I would love something neutral like the awesome Baroque skin but Silver colored instead.
    • To match the Tureen Crockpot
  • Cool toned Scaled Chest and Furnace
    • I like to build in specific tones, either warm or cool. When building in cool tones the scaled items really stand out like a sore thumb which is why i only used them in my warm-toned oasis base. 
    • Instead of red/orange/yellow something more akin to the Feastfly palette of greens and yellows. 
      • Crystalline furnace comes close but the eyes are super red. Yellow/cool orange would be lovely 
  • Prettier Potter's Wheel:
    • This might not have been intended but i like to leave sculptures on the potter's wheel sometimes to give them more hight, i think it looks nice and ive seen a lot of other ppl do it too. 
    • A more intentional/prettier potter's wheel would be awesome for this purpose. 
      • the white marble chunks clash with the sculpture if its out of moon glass or stone. 
    • Something that looks like a marble pedestal like Wendy's Sisturn. 
  • Thatched Cottage Grass Wall: 
    • the cottage pig house has to be one of my favorite skins in the entire game, its so rich with detail. 
    • I think a grass wall with the same thatched cottage theme would be awesome
  • Moon glass Moon Dial: 
    • a fancy moon dial made out of moon glass, translucent like the sculpture would be really pretty i think. 
  • More thulecite-themed skins: 
    • the Ancient sigil shadow manip is another one of my faves. id love to make a whole thul themed base. 
      • Ancient Kiln-themed crockpot skin. 
      • Archive-themed replica relic skins.
        • So vase, chair, table etc made out of thulecite and moon rock like the Archive structures. 

A marble pedestal could also maybe be its own new structure. It could be used to display all kinds of decorations from Sculptures, to lanterns to trinkets to food items etc 

Potters wheel needs more statue types- I want to make Ice Sculptures and Moon Glass/Lunar Sculptures.

I like some of these suggestions and the more skins the game has the more profit Klei makes off them :) 

I thought characters only got belongings skins during their respective reworks though? 

a chair without a back would be a nice skin to have. atm the (end/)tables arent exactly popular because the chairs all face one way and that can limit how you build without it looking ugly and they dont usually look as nice on their own

also a paired icebox n' crockpot skin set would be brilliant. it is a bummer that the only pairs are the default skins and the hallowed skins. i want to use the terracotta pot or the victorian icebox and actually have it match something ;x;

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I thought characters only got belongings skins during their respective reworks though? 

Im not suggesting character specific item skins though Belongings is what klei calls all non-wardrobe/character skins. So all items and structures.  

Spoiler

428609236_Schermafbeelding2021-01-18om11_42_00.thumb.png.62f2626e08fb91c8224577b13eec9e4d.png

24 minutes ago, gaymime said:

i want to use the terracotta pot or the victorian icebox and actually have it match something

Yeah the terra cotta is tricky but i like it with the crystalline ice box or the saltbox. the white matches the white rocks under the terra cotta pot. And the victorian ice box has its matching crockpot though? its the tureen :D 

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

Reveal hidden contents

428609236_Schermafbeelding2021-01-18om11_42_00.thumb.png.62f2626e08fb91c8224577b13eec9e4d.png

Yeah the terra cotta is tricky but i like it with the crystalline ice box or the saltbox. the white matches the white rocks under the terra cotta pot. And the victorian ice box has its matching crockpot though? its the tureen :D 

dude, they only match in that they came from the same place. without the other parts they don't match each other at all. charcoal and geometric gold piping does NOT couple correctly with amorphous liquid silver

for sure though i do like how the archives turf suits the terracotta pot so well. it was really nice<3

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

dude, they only match in that they came from the same place. without the other parts they don't match each other at all. charcoal and geometric gold piping does NOT couple correctly with amorphous liquid silver

It doesnt have to have the same color necessarily in order to match :P. To me they match thematically which is always more interesting than just matching colors and Klei also obviously released them as a pair. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder so :roll:

I always like using a tentacle spike when I get one ,and since they started adding skins for non-craftable items I would love to get a cool maybe spirally tentacle redesign ,a re-imagining like the one we got for the bat bat perhaps

Archived