Some quality of life suggestions

On 1/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, QuartzBeam said:

I love when people act like "just scrap a year and a half's worth of development and implement a different game's mechanics instead" is an amazing idea.

Is there a reason both cant coexist? On Console Id like you to know the experience is quite miserable and I avoid it like the plague. You can end up wrestling with game for a whole day just to socket gems into crab king (this includes completely empty boats if the plank is anywhere nearby). On ps4 most boats need to be as bare as possible so why not have canoes that can't support structures? 

Canoes: Take few resources and will easily tip over if they take 3 hits in a short time frame (and low hp). Seats a max of one player. They can only be moved by paddles but have higher velocity when paddling.

This could be a nice middle ground. Lets not pretend everything in this game is perfect. Everyone deserves an enjoyable experience. The lack of a solution isn't due to the lack of a problem but rather the lack of ingenuity and imagination. 

Well the above reply is A bit harsh.. but here’s what I’m thinking: Shipwrecked had Multiple boat types, including one made out of Seashells. Don’t Starve Together got an update awhile back called She Sells Seashells.. which has a cute crab lady NPC sell you seashells. 

In DST.. they appear to only be worth musical blocks or something, but those of us who actually played Shipwrecked, expected to be able to make beautiful Seashell boats :( 

Maybe someday..

But since SW had multiple types of boats, I don’t see why DST won’t eventually as well.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well the above reply is A bit harsh..

Not harsh enough actually. I don't understand why people are so quick to dismiss completely valid ideas/complaints on the baseless rhetoric "Dont tread on klei". I know, for a fact actually, that klei is more than willing to adhere to those whom have senseful complaints on mechanics not working as intended or are unfun. They are to go as far as scrapping an idea if they have to. Lest we forget Warbucks. 

In DST.. they appear to only be worth musical blocks or something, but those of us who actually played Shipwrecked, expected to be able to make beautiful Seashell boats :( 

Maybe someday..

But since SW had multiple types of boats, I don’t see why DST won’t eventually as well.

Im sure they will add more given enough time. I would love motorized boats with better maneuverability.

Archived