[Game Update] - 446681

Credit where credit is due: Klei had a fantastic 2020. DST improved as a game massively with a great year of patches and listening to feedback from a passionate fan base. 

But ending a big once a year event like this, randomly, on a Wednesday night (or Thursday morning depending where you live) with no forewarning is indefensibly bad. I don't anticipate Klei can or will do anything about this issue this time around, but I sincerely hope they get enough constructive feedback about this that going forward they give us more solid dates for when an update is ending. Heck, I even feel a bit cheated by the sudden ending if I'm completely honest. You went so far as to create a rewards link with the address "wintersfeast2020" which is set to expire on January 17th, and that was solidly announced ahead of time (in the original post announcing the start of winter's feast), but given the links name, it felt like that would also be when winter's feast 2020 would end. The quick rug pull feels bad.

I understand that Klei does not like giving hard dates for when things will start, as delays can happen, but an end date and time is something that is fully under your control, it shouldn't be a surprise. Please reconsider the policy that lead to this sudden event ending going forward. 

Edited by Misuto
  • Like 16
  • Sanity 2

9 minutes ago, Misuto said:

Credit where credit is due: Klei had a fantastic 2020. DST improved as a game massively with a great year of patches and listening to feedback from a passionate fan base. 

But ending a big once a year event like this, randomly, on a Wednesday night (or Thursday morning depending where you live) with no forewarning is indefensibly bad. I don't anticipate Klei can or will do anything about this issue this time around, but I sincerely hope they get enough constructive feedback about this that going forward they give us more solid dates for when an update is ending. Heck, I even feel a bit cheated by the sudden ending if I'm completely honest. You went so far as to create a rewards link with the address "wintersfeast2020" which is set to expire on January 17th, and that was solidly announced ahead of time (in the original post announcing the start of winter's feast), but given the links name, it felt like that would also be when winter's feast 2020 would end. The quick rug pull feels bad.

I understand that Klei does not like giving hard dates for when things will start, as delays can happen, but an end date and time is something that is fully under your control, it shouldn't be a surprise. Please reconsider the policy that lead to this sudden event ending going forward. 

on the bright side, klaus now gives 4 wax paper so if you where planning on fighting klaus as soon as that patch came out, that's pretty nice

Im not sure where to write this, but i still got a winters feaast chest as a daily reward despite winter feast is over. And also Wigfrid's Straw-stuffed skin has visual distortion whie performing her idle animation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doodlydoo said:

hello i have a question how do you make the animatio for dont starve and dont starve together is it hand drawn or computer drawn? the artstyle is very unique is all im trying to say

Its computer drawn! And they use Adobe Animate to make their animations :D