[Game Update] - 446448

On 1/6/2021 at 6:54 PM, zarklord_klei said:

Since many seem to not understand the reason why the seed drop rate was lowered, let me explain it:
In Game Update 443923 a bugfix was made regarding birds dropping seeds, that greatly increased the drop rate of seeds from birds.
While this bugfix needed to happen, it had the unintended consequences of making seeds way way to common, when I was playing DST recently, I had 100 seeds in the first 10 days, which was way to much, not to mention the lag that could cause on a long running server.

This change much more closely brings the drop rate back down to what it previously was, with some exceptions:

As was previously mentioned, the birds dropping seeds is based on player age, what was not mentioned is the oldest player check is only in a small area around the bird, what this will mean is whenever your newer in a world, you will find seeds more often, as you live longer in a world, the drop rate will slowly go down to prevent server lag and prevent players from being inundated with large amounts of seeds.

There was a bug fix that causes nightmare creatures to appear much more commonly now since the bug fix. but no compensation of lower spawn rate? It was very common that the bug would occur, and thus normal for everyday gameplay to have a lot fewer shadows than what we have now.

4 hours ago, Bird Up said:

There was a bug fix that causes nightmare creatures to appear much more commonly now since the bug fix. but no compensation of lower spawn rate? It was very common that the bug would occur, and thus normal for everyday gameplay to have a lot fewer shadows than what we have now.

I dont think we have that many and they dont bring server lag.  Is working as intended and makes the game spicy but that is just my opinion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I dont think we have that many and they dont bring server lag.  Is working as intended and makes the game spicy but that is just my opinion

I agree, insanity was something you could totally ignore, while now it's something you have to consider. One of the best changes to the game, it's not supposed to be chill to be insane.

As for seeds i am very happy with this change, i would even advocate lower rates in later years. This has nothing to do with food, it's just for convenience and decoration for long term worlds, seeds everywhere are so annoying, in particular when you won't ever need them again. And the way it was(or still is for me until this change comes to ps4) every time you plant or build something bigger you have to stop to pick up seeds multiple times while doing it. I ve been planting all my forests at night bc i am so done with birds dropping seeds on my path.

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1