Will Forge Mode Ever Return?

I've been a long time fan of Don't Starve since like 2015, and one of the best experiences I've had with the franchise was The Forge back in like 2017.

I remember having loads of fun with it and loving the cosmetics that came with it, To be honest I expected it to be a permanent addition to the game, but alas it ended after like a month of the event starting both times it was in the game.

So I'm just wondering if I should hold onto any hope of it coming back.

7 minutes ago, YunGD1ngAl1ng said:

I've been a long time fan of Don't Starve since like 2015, and one of the best experiences I've had with the franchise was The Forge back in like 2017.

I remember having loads of fun with it and loving the cosmetics that came with it, To be honest I expected it to be a permanent addition to the game, but alas it ended after like a month of the event starting both times it was in the game.

So I'm just wondering if I should hold onto any hope of it coming back.

Short answer: No, devs have been clear they have no intention of bringing back forge or doing more events.  Individual modders however have replicated the gamemode so with some effort you can still play with the mechanics.

I think they said that in order to do these limited time modes would mean to stop doing the permanent content updates we have been getting- and I don’t know about you but I prefer content I can always enjoy over content that will only be in the game for a limited time and then removed.

Archived