What happens in a world when an event ends?

7 minutes ago, Lawlenne said:

So, event-specific structures aren't available when an event is not there. What happens when you do event-specific structures and get collectibles and the event finishes? Does everything just disappear?

The event specific structures will remain, some are usable (year of the shrines and the potion lab being 2 main ones), and recipes you make during the event will be saved and continue to allow you to build them, including craftable items like gift wrap.

I would highly advise great caution in keeping any world with old events stuff still active within them, the Xbox one version of the game had a bug where after year of the Carrat event ended trying to place Carrat on Carrat podium and inspect it would crash the game.

I do not know if this bug still exists, I hammered down those structures to avoid the potential game crashes caused by them.

I would like to hope that any content Klei adds from this point forward (with exception to Hallowed Nights and WintersFeast) will be permanent core gameplay content, and when it comes to Year of Beefalo in particular: I’m hoping for a fun mini-game and new interactions/easier taming & caring for Beefalo features that will remain even after the event expires.

1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Maxil got it, but I don't think the Winter Feast table and Oven are available to craft even after learning the recipe. MOST remain, but these two do not iirc. 

They used to function this way on PC during winters feast 2019, but that was patched midway through the feast to where they stay, although you did have to place and remake the structure again. Since you are on console I don’t know if that patch ever went live before the event ended, though, but it should be possible now.

6 hours ago, pastoruk said:

Not long ago the company where I work decided to organize a charitable concert, all the money from which I will go to the fund to help children with disabilities. To create this event, we turned to outdoorstages.co.uk for help, because we needed a proven and successful organization that could create the necessary atmosphere and attract a large number of sponsors. In general, the event was successful, we managed to get enough donations and help the children. All this was recorded on camera and some fragments were provided to us for advertising on social networks on TV.

so whats your skgig?you a bot or just a guy who got told to promote something?(im gonna guess the latter)

anyways im pretty stuff stays after an event ends but im not knowledgeable on the topic and someone else has most probably said it better than me

2 hours ago, stranger again said:

so whats your skgig?you a bot or just a guy who got told to promote something?(im gonna guess the latter)

anyways im pretty stuff stays after an event ends but im not knowledgeable on the topic and someone else has most probably said it better than me

I think they were just google searching and stumbled upon this topic, but were COMPLETELY oblivious to what DST and Klei is and thought the question was literal haha

Or they could be a troll, but the first scenario is way funnier and wholesome :)

Archived