Warly Rebalance (DST)

Introduction

Hi everyone.

I play Don’t Starve for long now, and since I love the cooking mechanics and to how to bring the best out of available resources, I played Warly quite a lot. I have a 250 days solo world where I both constructed a base (a huge one with efficient industry to produce his rare ingredients) and explored the surface and caves, I played many early games to optimize this part, and I played a little bit as Warly support with friends (but not that much, since they are not experienced enough to provide me the heavy infrastructure I need).

But I feel like I’m not enjoying the character as much as I could if his core idea (cook → you can and have to diversify your menu) would have been implemented better. So I present you this rebalance proposition :
→ I tried to reach the best detailed / concise compromise. If some points are not clear, feel free to ask.
→ I wrote this from my personal experience, and all the relevant online sources (video, posts) I could find, but my knowledge is definitely incomplete. If you think I over/underestimate some points, please tell me and let’s improve the proposition :).

Current state analysis

If you never fully played Warly, please do not underestimate the amount of time and organisation needed to reach his full potential, Warly tries with console give a very distorted view of the character.
T
o evaluate the real character strength, we need to take in account the time needed to build and exploit all the infrastructure required the supply him properly (selective farms and goat farm mainly) while coping with a character not suited for day-to-day adventure. And introduce the concept of opportunity cost : with all that time consumed, could have had comparable results with another character ? The answer is often yes : Warly can become a monster in late game within a group of experienced players, but for most of Don’t starve Together players it’s just simpler to go for an existing solution (mass armour + pierogi for boss fights, clothes for temperature/wetness etc.) than a Warly set up.
At some point that, far from the “Warly is the most broken character even” reactions when he arrived in Don’t starve Together, he’s now considered as a overall weak character. Extremely strong in good hand in proper situations, but most of the time a character liked because he offers a more challenging survival experience, forces to explore the cooking recipes, or even a troll pick ^^

What comes in mind first when I think about Warly are his flaws : his inability to eat anything aside crock pot (especially mushrooms, cooked vegetables or jerky), his higher hunger drain (+20%) and the penalties when you eat the same food twice in less than 2 days (2 days =180 hunger for Warly) .
1/ His inability to eat uncooked food is a balanced inconvenient for his powers (you have more options with your special dishes, but less from raw food).
2/ But the present “do not eat the same food” mechanic feels unbalanced, at all stages of the game. In early game, we often rely on veggies (berries, butterflies, carrots) or small and few meats, that gives us low-hunger dishes : we need 5-6 different dishes to fill a complete 180 hunger cycle (more like 200 if we don’t time perfectly) → quite hard and takes many inventory slots. In fact, the easy solution is always to aim for high-hunger dishes : meaty stew, meat balls etc. and make Warly a butcher rushing for meat, even if he’s not presented as a warrior and his kit relies mostly on vegetables…
In late game, he hunger is no longer a problem but it’s his inability to heal properly for boss fights : even with 2/3 different healing dishes, you soon hit the high-penalty on your food value…
And every time, going in expedition in Warly feels like camping with a princess : you a to plan so many things to keep a high standard of living (food variety) while exploring / fighting / gathering resources...
3/ His higher hunger drain sounds just unnecessary : you get a penalty even if you respect the varied food rule… Argh !

On the other side, his abilities are (when you get the sufficient infrastructure to provide him the quite rare ingredient he needs) erratic, varying from useless/quite situational to beyond broken ^^
The Volt goat chaud-froid gives you the equivalent of an extra player dealing damages every 2 players (but the goat farm is quite long the relocate and inefficient), and chilli and garlic spices are huge (once you have the selective farms needed). All 3 combined gives you a character with 1,8x given (almost Wolfgang !) and 0,66 taken (log suit almost becomes thulecite armour) damage, so a 2,7 times stronger character. That’s ridiculous...
→ The moqueca is very strong (when you have an onion farm) and glow berry mousse quite convenient for caves
→ All others seem are – in my opinion - situational, not convenient or totally useless
The general picture looks like an unbalanced character : Warly creates absolute monsters in combat, but his abilities for day-to-day help for the team in different situations are not very good. It’s a shame because the opposite would may be what Warly players want to provide to their team...
(NB : let’s keep in mind that the future update “Reap what you sow” will considerably increase the selective farming yields, providing to Warly an easier access to his rare vegetables (pepper, garlic, onions) and therefore his already strong recipes/spices)

In few words : if you have a very efficient group of friends that can build you a productive industry, you can turn them into ultimate warriors. But in other situations (average players, solo), Warly does not offers that much to his team, and his personal game is dominated by his flaws. Playing Warly feels like more difficult than an average character : you’re happy to help your friends, but your personal experience is like a Wes “hardcore surviving” satisfaction…

Goal

I would love to play an overall easier day-to-day Warly :
→ Easier to understand his flaws and powers
→ Easier early game for inexperienced players
→ Balanced flaws, to force you to really diversify your dishes (not get screwed by many low-hunger dishes and go for the easy meaty combo…)

And the counterpart would be overall weaker powers :
→ Greatly reduced combat boosts
→ A kit more utility oriented

This would lead to a more accessible character (we don’t see much Warly in games, an august 2020 survey ranked him as the 5th least used character, only the 3 pay-characters and Wes are more scarce...) and useful in the daily game (not just for boss fights).

Flaws

1/ His obligation to eat only crock pot dishes seems balanced and interesting to me : less options from raw food kind of forces you to explore his exclusive recipes.
No change in crock pot dish obligation

2/ The dish variety obligation is also a pertinent idea, but its hunger (180) counter is questionable : forces you to switch between 5-6 dishes if low-hunger dishes, whereas only 2 dishes if high-hunger dishes… And prevents you in any way to spam food in boss fights…
A dish counter would be far better in my opinion : the game remembers the last X (3 for example) dishes you ate, to force you to switch between a fix number of dish (3+1=4 here) to stay at 100% efficiency.
- 0% if the dish eaten was present 0 time in the last X dishes (1x time food required to fill the stomach)
- 25% if the dish eaten was present 1 time in the last X dishes (1,33x time food required to fill the stomach)
- 50% if the dish eaten was present 2 times in the last X dishes (2x times food required to fill the stomach
- 75% if the dish eaten was present 3 times in the last X dishes (4x times food required to fill the stomach)
- 100% if the dish eaten was present 4 times in the last X dishes (unable to fill the stomach)
The dish variety is quite hard to cope with in early game (as we have access to a limited number of ingredients) and way easier in late game (except for specific situations like intensive healing etc.). Maybe a incremental dish memory would be the best solution ?
last 2 dishes in early game (1st autumn-winter, days 1-35) for a 3+ dishes diet
last 3 dishes in mid game (1st spring-summer, days 36-70) for a 4 +dishes diet
last 4 dishes in late game (from 2nd yer, days >70) for a 5+ dishes diet
This mechanism allows the Warly player to survive more easily in early game (switching between 3 meals among butterfly muffins, jam, ratatouille, meatballs etc.), would more challenging in late game (5 different meals required for a 100% efficiency !) and allow him to heal quite efficiently in boss fights (“only” 4 or 5 different healing dishes are needed, among the 6-7 really accessible now in the game).
The last X dishes eaten by Warly could be either shown next to the hunger meter, or not (for a more “survival” experience).
dish variety mechanics modified (2-3-4 last dishes, -0%/-25%/-50%/-75%/-100% penalties)

2/ The dish variety obligation is also a pertinent idea, but its hunger (180) counter is questionable : forces you to switch between 5-6 dishes if low-hunger dishes, whereas only 2 dishes if high-hunger dishes… And prevents you in any way to spam food in boss fights…
A dish counter would be far better in my opinion : the game remembers the last X (3 for example) dishes you ate, to force you to switch between a fix number of dish (3+1=4 here) to stay at 100% efficiency. The last 3 dishes seems a good compromise for me, with the following penalties :
→ - 0% if the dish eaten was present 0 time in the last 3 dishes (1x time food required to fill the stomach with 4 dishes or more)
→ - 25% if the dish eaten was present 1 time in the last 3 dishes (1,33x time food required to fill the stomach with only 2-3 dishes)
→ - 50% if the dish eaten was present 2 times in the last 3 dishes (2x times food required to fill the stomach with only 2 dishes)
→ - 75% if the dish eaten was present 3 times in the last 3 dishes (4x times food required to fill the stomach with only 1 dish)
The mechanism allows the Warly player to survive more easily in early game (switching from butterfly muffins, jam, ratatouille etc.) and to heal quite efficiently in boss fights (“only” 3 or 4 different healing dishes are needed, among the 6-7 really accessible now in the game).
The last 3 dishes eaten by Warly could be either shown next to the hunger meter, or not (for a more “survival” experience).
dish variety mechanics modified (3 last dishes, -25%/-50%/-75% penalties)

3/ As I previously said, his higher hunger drain sounds totally unnecessary.
Normal hunger drain

Generic powers

His huge (250) belly is, in my opinion, unnecessary (even more if his hunger drain is removed). A little bit higher-than-average belly (200) would be enough, and be compensated by lower-than-average sanity (150) to get the default total of basic stats.
150 health, 200 hunger, 150 sanity

His ability to fire-cook faster than usual feels unnecessary, even more for a character who doesn’t eat fire-cooked food…
Fast fire-cook removed

About his exclusive items : the portable crock pot is obviously mandatory for his gameplay and the chef pouch is a fine addition considering his “obligation” to carry many different ingredients. However, it’s often not really worth it to build several portable crock pots in a base (+25% cooking speed is weak compared to the “only Warly use” restriction...) → I would upgrade the cooking speed to +50%.
The crafting material are not great too : a little bit too common / cheap for good items like this.
→ Portable crock pot : 2 marbles instead of 2 gold (gold is already used for everything…)
→ Chef pouch : 2 bunny puffs instead of 2 nitre ? (to incite players to explore caves a little bit more)
Portable crock pot (speed +50%) and chef pouch crafting lightly modified

The starting items could be improved too. The starting food is unnecessary (potato) or a even a waste (garlic). The portable crock pot is obviously mandatory, a chef pouch would be great to give him an easier early game for beginners (and necessary if its crafting is harder !)
Warly starts with portable crock pot and chef pouch (but no food)

Spices

The spices mechanic seems overcomplicated to me : first create the spice (from a mono-ingredient), and then season. Why not just season from the raw garlic/chilli etc. ? It currently feels like washing then peeling my apple… Moreover, that gives these precious spices an unnecessary infinite spoiling time.
Talking about spoiling time, it’s not that hard to get around the mandatory presence of Warly to season dishes by seasoning powder cakes. That way, you can prepare a load of ready-to-use spices, and even change character and use many spices without even having a Warly in the game…
In fact, the only broken fight bonus that can’t easily be prepared in advance is the volt goat chaud-froid because it’s… a crock pot dish and not a spice ! Why not do the same for the spices, replace them by special crock pot dishes exclusive to Warly ? 3 of the 4 spices (garlic, chilli, honey) already work as a meal (they give a specific boost independent to the meal they have been added on), and the salt spice is just a weaker duplicate of the garlic spice (one garlic spice decreases the damaged received by 33%, and that’s equivalent to increase the efficiency of every heal by 50%. Why waste your time in salt seasoning every healing dish for an awful +25% ?) and could/should be reworked…
The Warly gameplay would be way more straightforward (just a portable crock pot with new recipes) and subject to less abuses if we just removed the seasoning mechanic and replaces the 4 existing spices by their equivalent in special dishes :).
Spices removed, replaced by special dishes
(Note than it could still be possible to mass-produce Warly dishes, bundling wrap them and change character, but this abuse looks inherent to the bundling wrap mechanic and is anyway inaccessible early-mid game for a large majority of players)

Special dishes

I will first talk about the “utilitarian” dishes (hunger/heal/sanity and convenient mechanics) and generally buff them, and deal with the “fight” dishes (goat chaud-froid and spices) for a general nerf on a second time.

1/ Moqueca : it’s a round meal, a little bit expensive (onion) but very useful ! The future farming update will probably yield onions more easily, so a little nerf on Moqueca could be necessary ? → Moqueca : Only +90 hunger.

2/ Bone bouillon : sounds good but since the bones are not very renewable (except with deer) I don’t use it often… Maybe just 1 bone shard for an entirely hunger-focused dish (for extreme situations) would be effectively used in some situations ? → Bone bouillon : 1 bone + 1 onion for +150 hunger and -10 sanity.

3/ Monster tartare : as the bird feeding (monster meet → egg) is an extremely efficient mechanic to transform toxic food into edible food, the monster lasagna will stay a very poor choice compared to meatballs. The present monster tartare is not better enough (+67% hunger) to change this state, an amelioration could maybe make it at least situational and even good for Webber ? → Monster tartare : requires 4 monster food, +90 hunger (and -20 health/sanity)

4/ Puffed potato souffle : the potato usefulness (cooked, or with fancy tubers) gives little margin to do a significantly better but not broken meal. It think this dish is unnecessary → Puffed potato souffle : deleted

5/ Fresh fruit crepes : butter is already extremely situational ingredient that has 2 good recipes, it’s completely useless to add one… → Fresh fruit crepes : deleted. (And new favourite dish for Wes : Ice cream ?)

6/ Grim galette : I heard that this meal could lead to broken combos in late game with experienced players, but honestly I didn’t looked further (and for these players nightmare fuel is a non-issue anyway…), In my opinion it’s an expensive meal (nightmare fuel x2 + onion) for a moderately experienced group of players, only useful for characters that have very asymmetric health/sanity gains : Wormwood and Wortox. A cheaper recipe could lead me to use it on a more regular basis for these characters. → Grim galette : only 1 nightmare fuel and 1 vegetable needed.

7/ Fish cordon bleu : the recipe and the effect are fine and fun, only the duration (5 minutes = 0,6 day) is a problem. It’s both too short (we need a crazy amount of ingredients to rely on this meal for an expedition) and not understandable for players. Fish cordon bleu → 1 day duration

8/ Asparagazpacho : same problem, same solution. Asparagacho 1 day duration

9/ Dragon salad : the effect is nice (even though coping with cold is easier than dealing with overheat and wetness) but the recipe has a major flaw : its chili makes this dish in competition with the (highly more profitable) chili spice, and the dragon fruit is also very valuable… Since the effect is not that great, maybe just 2 pomegranate (that as no dedicated recipe !) could replace the chili and dragon fruit, and 2 berries (for a full-red salad) ? And the duration problem is the same as previously… → Red salad : 2 pomegranate, 2 berries for a 1 day duration.

10/ Glow berry mousse : the effect is really nice, allowing to explore the cave with a Tam o’shanter (no sanity problem at all !) and free hands, but the decreasing light radius is quite annoying… Maybe remove the health/sanity bonus and reduce the hunger one in exchange of a constant (slightly lower than current max ?) light radius ? → Glow berry mousse : 0 health / 15 hunger / 0 sanity, constant light radius.

11/ Volt goat chaud-froid : it will seem a little bit drastic, but this dish should be deleted in my opinion. For two reasons : first, it’s this dish which allows to reach some crazy damage output due to the electricity modifier (1,5-2,5) and make Warly armies broken. And even with a damage reduction (for example : electricity damage but -20% base damage, for a 0,8x1,5 = 1,2 final multiplicative) the dish would stay unbalanced. Indeed – second reason – it’s main ingredient (the volt goat horn) is very rare and not meant to be intensely farmed : the goat relocation is a pain and sounds against the “game will”, and is already used by very good items (weather pain) or item that could get an upgrade (morning star). In short : this dish incite Warly to create a very unnatural and time-consuming goat farm for a broken effect. All what we want avoid (huge investment / downside for incredible gain) for a more balanced/chill character… → Volt goat chaud-froid : deleted

12/ Garlic : 33% damage reduction looks bit too much (it’s equivalent to give +50% HP and heal to a character !), especially if we tend to make Warly a less fight-oriented support ! -20% should be enough, for 1 day, for 2 garlic and common fillers (here vegetables) to do a crock pot dishRoasted vegetables : 2 garlics + 1 vegetable value, 20% damage reduction for 1 day

13/ Chili flakes : the mirror damage buff is 1/(1-0,2)=1,25, so +25% damage output for a dish exactly as strong as the garlic one. Same frame for the dishSpicy ribs : 2 chillis + 1 meat value, +25% damage output for 1 day.

Note 1 on fight meals : a chili-garlic buffed character would now be (1+0,25)/(1-0,8)=1,56 times stronger than normal. That’s good but far more moderate than the previous volt-chili-garlic buff that leaded to a 2,7 times stronger character !
Note 2 on fight meals : how will apply the modifiers ?
A/ Presently the chili is multiplicative (Wolfgang gets 2x1,2=2,4 damage) and garlic additive (Wigfrid takes 1-0,25-0,33=0,42 damage), that is the worst to do : spices are more efficient on already stronger characters, and tend to give everything to one “champion”…
B/ A more reasonable formula would be to set the chili additive (Wolfgang gets 2+0,25=2,25 instead of 2,5 and Wilson gets 1+0,25=1,25 and Wendy 0,75+0,25=1) and garlic multiplicative (Wigfrid takes (1-0,25)(1-0,2)=0,6 instead of 0,55) to have an equal “spice” efficiency on every character.
C/ A more drastic use would be to set a cap limit : chili gives you min(base+0,25 , max(base, 1,25)) so 0,75+0,25=1 for Wendy, 1+0,25=1,25 for Wilson, 1,25 for Wigfrid and 2 for Wolfgang (stronger characters unbuffed). Same idea for garlic that gives you min(1-base,1-0,2) so 0,8 for every character except Wigfrid that gets 0,75. It’s a comparative nerf for fight characters but it works as if they were already “on spice” and now Warly allows other characters to reach some Wigfrid-stats for a period of time.
What do you prefer ? The present A formula is bad in my opinion, I prefer the B or C solutions.

14/ Honey : this spice is nice, let’s just transform it in dish : → Glazed fruits : 2 honeys + 1 fruit value, x2 chop/mine/hammer for 1 day

15/ Salt : as I previously said, the healing mechanic is redundant with the damage reduction. A speed boost would complete way better the buff kit. I personally don’t farm salt a lot (just a little bit to get few Salt boxes, I don’t often get salt “mines” close to my base) and I don’t know if salt intensive farming is a thing or not, so the balance of this dish could be wrong…Salted cod : +2 salt crystals + 1 fish value, +10% or +15% speed boost for 1 day

Note : Wigfrid can’t eat the garlic (vegetarian) dish but she already has a damage reduction so maybe that’s a good thing for the game balance ? Wurt can’t eat the salt dish but she already has a speed boost so that’s fine, and the chili dish so no bonus damage for her (she has higher stats and her Merms so why not). Anyway, it’s quite hard to find dishes for both Wurt and Wigfrid, the present result looks fair enough.

Summary

Let’s recap here what the future Warly would look like :

Max stats : 150 health / 200 hunger / 150 sanity

Flaws :
→ Can only eat crock pot dishes
-25% dish effect for each occurrence of this dish in the last 2 (day 1-35) – 3 (day 36-70) – 4 (day 71+) dishes eaten. + Visual reminder ?

Powers :
→ 2 special items : Portable crock pot (+50% cook speed, 2 marbles / 6 coals / 6 twigs) and Chef pouch (2 bunny puffs, 4 grass, 4 twigs)
→ Starting items : Portable crock pot and Chef pouch (no food !)
12 Special dishes (only cookable in Portable crock pot)

• Moqueca : 0,5 fish + 1 tomato + 1 onion = +60 health / +90 hunger / +33 sanity
  • Bone bouillon : 1 bone shard + 1 onion = +0 health / +150 hunger / -10 sanity
  • Monster tartare : 4 monster meats = -20 health / +90 hunger / -20 sanity
  • Grim galette : 1 nightmare fuel + 1 vegetable = +1 health / +25 hunger / +5 sanity, swaps health and sanity values
  • Fish cordon bleu : 2 frog legs + 1 fish = +20 health / +37,5 hunger / -10 sanity, wetness immunity for 1 day
  • Asparagazpacho : 2 asparagus + 2 ices = +3 health / +25 hunger / +10 sanity, -40°C for 1 day
  • Red salad : 2 pomegranates + 2 berries = -3 health / 25 hunger / +10 sanity, +40°C for 1 day
  • Glow berry mousse : 1 glow berry + 1 fruit = +0 health / +15 hunger / +0 sanity, light emission (constant) for 2 days
  • Glazed fruits : 2 honeys + 1 fruit = -5 health / +15 hunger / +10 sanity, x2 chopping-mining-hammering efficiency for 1 day
  • Salted cod : 2 salt crystals + 1 fish = +15 health / +37,5 hunger / +0 sanity, +10-15% speed boost for 1 day
  • Roasted vegetables : 2 garlics + 1 vegetable = +15 health / +25 hunger / +0 sanity, 20% damage reduction for 1 day
  • Spicy ribs : 2 chilis + 1 meat = +3 health / 37,5 hunger / +10 sanity, +25% damage output for 1 day

What next ?

I first want to thank you if you read the whole post up there ^^.

The first step now would be to share our experiences and point of view to enrich and polish this Warly rebalance.
My general guideline was to offer a simpler (in comprehension and set up) character who would not be able to absurdly boost an army like now, but rather offer his team a wide range of services. A still above-average characters in terms of difficulty, but not completely noob-forbidden, who compensates his flaws by a nice versatility.
Please stay constructive, keep in mind that console-test is not a faithful representation of a character, and if some points look to strong for you, remind yourself that Wolfgang / Wortox / Wickerbottom / Wigfrid exist...

The next step would be to concretely create this new Warly.
The best way would be to see Klei developers pass by around here, and hope that this rebalance proposition would – at least partially - inspire them.
The other way would be to find someone to create a Warly mod out of this. The diffusion among players would certainly be narrower, but it’s better than nothing and it would still allow to please some Warly lovers (like me !). If you already mod for Don’t starve together or are willing to, feel free to show yourself ! I personally never modded but I program in other languages and I heard that the mod language is quite simple, so if all else fails I could try to take charge of this.

Personally I feel that Warly and his kit could be tuned a little, but overall is in a pretty good place.

Warly, much like Wurt and Walter, is a character that is meant to change the way your playstyle, not necessarily to be efficient and/or powerful; this usually means that playing them is going to be much harder than most other characters in certain aspects however. Warly's main motiff is being able to cook on the go and providing both him and his allies with spices and dishes to boost them. In my opinion not every character needs to be incredibly strong, or have to compete with more optimal choice characters in order to be useful on a team; he offers a unique experience both good and bad, and for me that's good enough.

I would like to see more spices for Warly in the future, utilizing different crops that are now going to be simpler to obtain than before. Perhaps even spices of more rare materials such as....lunar glass powder or something.

21 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Reap What You Sow update will already buff him sufficiently; now he has an effective way of farming vegetables all year.

While reap what you sow helps make his his special dishes and spices alot easier to make I think the real issue is the fact most crockpot dishes are worthless making it seem like the game is telling you indirectly you should ignore variety and focus on a few dishes i.e. high hunger dishes+special dishes which makes sense for survival but doesn't fit his theme of loving variety.

Mysterious box perfectly understood what I advocate for.
His powers are broken (at least few of them, and the rest is ignored...), and that "compensate" a characters with huge flaws that make him hard-unpleasant to play. His powers are not balanced between them, nor his flaws, and the whole even less : it's not as rich and fun as it could/should be.
-> It's like giving Wes a x2 damage aura for all his teammates and saying "look, it's a balanced and rich character !". No, it's nether balanced nor reach, and nobody will have fun to play this...

For your information, I edited at the margin the proposition :
-> The "dish memory counter" is now growing with time. Warly remembers his last 2 dishes in early (day 1-35), 3 dishes in mid (36-70) and 4 dishes in late (70+) to take account of the growing number of ingredients - therefore available dishes - with time. His early is now easier, but late game more demanding.
-> Dragon salad still looked too expensive (dragon fruit required) for it's usefulness, so I changed the recipe for now 2 pomegranates + 2 berries.

I think at his core, Warly is in a good place right now. It's definitely a change in playstyle than the original cast, but as @Owlrus stated, the new characters seem to all have different playstyles that can't rely heavily on "the meta". This is good because the meta was pretty solid and unbreaking, making gameplay very repetitive, and as my boy always says;
I prefer some variety.

He is a highly supportive character who is inherently more challenging to play for the overall benefit of the team. This means that when playing solo or with a not-so coordinated team, he will be slightly less effective. Apologies if you never played this game before, but I like to think of Warly on the same level as the engineer from Team Fortress 2. The engineer gets more powerful the longer he is left to his own devices, similarly to how Warly can't really shine fresh out of the portal. He needs to slowly get his set-up all situated, and ideally having a team to focus on general progress leaving Warly to focus on his own personal progress. Then slowly but surely Warly can start to begin dishing out buffs to his team until eventually he becomes an absolute powerhouse of damage, protection, buffs, etc.

In the spoiler below I'll talk about specifics in the thread. If I misinterpret something that you said please let me know.

Spoiler

Goal: I think your goal kind of goes against what Klei wanted from this character, which is not at all fit for new players and a powerhouse with someone who knows how to use him. It's important to remember that Warly's crockpot is barely different from a normal one in terms of dishes, so it's definitely viable for new players to mess around with the crockpot on a character who isn't so reliant on it, get a feel for it, and then branch out to Warly. Maybe Klei could stand to make it more clear that he is not intended for new players besides the whole "Grim" "Slim" thing...

Flaws:
1. Agree. Not being able to eat non-crockpot foods is a huge nerf from shipwrecked, but a welcome one when paired with his upsides.
2.Warly is definitely a mid to late game character. While I agree his early game is harder, it's nothing impossible and especially with the farming overhaul, playing Warly will be easier than ever before (which is debatably still very hard). Once he finally overcomes the difficulty of early game, it makes the powerful mid to late game that much more rewarding, so I'm not entirely on board with making an easier early game at the sacrifice of his powerful dishes.
3. His hunger drain and big stomach are both there to counteract each other while still making 1 meaty stew not enough to fill him up. He needs more crockpot dishes overall to satisfy him while still starving at roughly the same rate as other survivors.

Generic Powers:
Nothing I particularly agree with or disagree with here, besides the stats (see Flaw 3). Overall not really big changes here so I'll move on

Spices:
I agree that the spice mechanic isn't exactly... straightforward. However I think splitting the buffs between dishes and spices is a good way of balancing them. It allows Warly to create better versions of existing food. It also allows him to carry a "spice bag" and his crockpot, which in turn makes it so he can dish out buffs on the go if there is a long adventure where him and his team are away from camp for long periods of time. He doesn't need to preplan which buffs he needs to make and can instead just bring seasoning and throw it on any old pile of ingredients he finds along the way. I would like to see more spices added later on down the line.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:36 AM, Nyr said:

Talking about spoiling time, it’s not that hard to get around the mandatory presence of Warly to season dishes by seasoning powder cakes. That way, you can prepare a load of ready-to-use spices, and even change character and use many spices without even having a Warly in the game…

This is less so a problem with Warly and more so a problem with character swapping, which invalidates actually playing as Warly or Winona outside of making their stuff and switching to a different character. I could go on about how much I dislike character swapping for Warly's sake but I'll leave it at that lol. I guess it's a selfish bias I have since I always see megabasing streamers switch to him just to cook a couple volt goat jellies, season a powdercake or two, and then switch back to Wolfgang or Wortox or whoever.

Special Dishes:
Next to spices, this is Warly's bread and butter. I agree that a lot of them have timers that are lackluster, making it not really a game changer and in many cases not actually worth making. I think the buffs that protect the consumer from the weather (Cordon Bleu, Dragon Chili Salad, Asparagazpacho) should go even a step further from what you said and last the same amount as Glowberry Mousse (which is around 2 days I believe). With those changes I might actually find myself making them instead of just ignoring them. Volt Goat Chaud-Froid is fine I think. It is probably Warly's staple dish and is really the peak of what this character can offer. I don't think any of his dishes need to be removed.

There isn't much I really agree on here, which is fine because this is all a matter of opinion lol. You've definitely given me a new perspective and I want you to know that I did read and really think about everything you suggested. I'm not just blowing you off. I agree that Warly not being "noob friendly" can be rough for players who really like cooking and might be drawn to him. He is an intersting character and being essentially locked behind a skill wall certainly isn't fun. I just see that as more of a reason to push yourself to learn the ins and outs of the crockpot and really strive to be able to use this character to his potential. Warly is crockpot exclusive, but crockpots are not Warly exclusive.

"Anyone can cook." -Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille 2007

Hi Dr. Safety,

Thanks a lot for your very detailed and well argued reply ! :)

Character difficulty

What I understand I that you like the high difficulty - high reward present Warly.
To tell you the whole story behind me post : I played a 100 days solo DST game with Wes recently, and it looked so... easy ! The ability to eat whatever you want, the easy summer cave exploration with meatballs/mushrooms spam, the pierogi spam etc. I was like : "is it a challenge ? Because it's like vacation for my brain compared to when I play Warly". And I understood why my friends who, like the majority of DST players, struggle to survive a year by themselves with a regular character can't even touch Warly ^^
I don't want to transform Warly into a bland (haha...) character, but a slightly easier character : from a Wes level to a Wurt level.

But the place of the character among the meta is completely subjective and there is no right or wrong opinion, so I won't write more about this.
Because beside this, whatever how strong we think the flaws/powers of the character should be, I think that the several flaws are not balanced/coherent between them, and same (even more !) for the powers. And we could round this up a little bit better !

Flaws

We agree that the high max hunger (250) and high hunger drain (+20%) are linked as they both compensate themselves.
I personally think that this mechanic is unnecessary (as there already is a punishing hunger mechanic if you don't diversify your diet enough) so I want to remove both.
You seem to prefer to keep them both, as the higher hunger drain prevents Warly to perma-satiate himself too easily with meaty stews (with a 2-day hunger drain equal to 180 instead of 150). I understand what you said, but in my opinion that's more a diversity problem (the ability to get 100% food efficiency with very few high-hunger dishes because of the hunger count) than a real hunger problem. And retro-compensate this diversity problem with a higher hunger-drain looks flawed, as it punishes even more the players who don't go for the high-hunger dishes diet, instead of fixing the diversity problem itself !

I mean, if you want to force the players to diversify their diet, doesn't it feel more natural to remember the last X dishes, and check if the one Warly is about to eat is among them ? Instead of introducing time-counter (2 days) equivalent to a hunger counter (180 hunger) that is really easy to bypass with high-hunger meals, hard to deal with if you go for low-hunger meals, and impossible to deal with if you want to overuse heal-dishes (like 99% of boss fights in DST).
I'll be a little be mischievous, and reverse the point of view : if the present situation was a dish counter (Warly remembers the last X dishes), what would be your arguments to switch for a time/hunger counter ? It's not a mean question, it's just that I don't really see the objective benefits of this mechanic and am curious to hear them.

Powers

Beside the spice mechanic itself (my proposition to remove it comes from, I admit it, from a very subjective point of vue), don't you think that the present spices are not balanced between them ?
Garlic : -33% damage taken
--> That means that, with the same among of health lost, you will deal 1/(1-0,33) -> +50% damage. That just looks superior do the +20% chili spice.
-> That means that all your heals are 1/(1-0,33) -> +50% healing on all your heals received (food, items, souls etc.). That's waaaaayyyy better than spend X salt spices to buff your healing dishes one by one with a mediocre +25%...
Do people really use seasoning salt ? For me it looks really weak, and quite redundant with the garlic... What would you do with it ? I suggested a movement speed boot, but that's just one idea, would you have another suggestion ?

About the special dishes, I'm really curious about their actual use by other Warly players. I personally rank them like this :
-> Frequently used : Moqueca, Volt goat jelly, Glow berry mousse

-> Rarely / never used : Bone bouillon, Monster tartare, Puffed potato soufflé, Fresh fruit crepes, Grim galette, Fish cordon bleu, Asparagazpacho, Dragon salad
That's why I feel like a missed opportunity, and I would like to know if that's just me (maybe I underestimate some of them) or if the recipes are not good.
I understand that you share my concern about Fish cordon bleu, Asparagazpacho and Dragon salad (and suggest to buff them even more to 2 days), what are your opinions for the other ones ? And if you under use them like me, what would be your suggestions to make them at least situational ?

Again, thank your for your reading (you may be the only one you truly read the whole original post ^^) and your detailed comments ! :)

9 hours ago, Nyr said:
Spoiler

Hi Dr. Safety,

Thanks a lot for your very detailed and well argued reply ! :)

Character difficulty

What I understand I that you like the high difficulty - high reward present Warly.
To tell you the whole story behind me post : I played a 100 days solo DST game with Wes recently, and it looked so... easy ! The ability to eat whatever you want, the easy summer cave exploration with meatballs/mushrooms spam, the pierogi spam etc. I was like : "is it a challenge ? Because it's like vacation for my brain compared to when I play Warly". And I understood why my friends who, like the majority of DST players, struggle to survive a year by themselves with a regular character can't even touch Warly ^^
I don't want to transform Warly into a bland (haha...) character, but a slightly easier character : from a Wes level to a Wurt level.

But the place of the character among the meta is completely subjective and there is no right or wrong opinion, so I won't write more about this.
Because beside this, whatever how strong we think the flaws/powers of the character should be, I think that the several flaws are not balanced/coherent between them, and same (even more !) for the powers. And we could round this up a little bit better !

Flaws

We agree that the high max hunger (250) and high hunger drain (+20%) are linked as they both compensate themselves.
I personally think that this mechanic is unnecessary (as there already is a punishing hunger mechanic if you don't diversify your diet enough) so I want to remove both.
You seem to prefer to keep them both, as the higher hunger drain prevents Warly to perma-satiate himself too easily with meaty stews (with a 2-day hunger drain equal to 180 instead of 150). I understand what you said, but in my opinion that's more a diversity problem (the ability to get 100% food efficiency with very few high-hunger dishes because of the hunger count) than a real hunger problem. And retro-compensate this diversity problem with a higher hunger-drain looks flawed, as it punishes even more the players who don't go for the high-hunger dishes diet, instead of fixing the diversity problem itself !

I mean, if you want to force the players to diversify their diet, doesn't it feel more natural to remember the last X dishes, and check if the one Warly is about to eat is among them ? Instead of introducing time-counter (2 days) equivalent to a hunger counter (180 hunger) that is really easy to bypass with high-hunger meals, hard to deal with if you go for low-hunger meals, and impossible to deal with if you want to overuse heal-dishes (like 99% of boss fights in DST).
I'll be a little be mischievous, and reverse the point of view : if the present situation was a dish counter (Warly remembers the last X dishes), what would be your arguments to switch for a time/hunger counter ? It's not a mean question, it's just that I don't really see the objective benefits of this mechanic and am curious to hear them.

Powers

Beside the spice mechanic itself (my proposition to remove it comes from, I admit it, from a very subjective point of vue), don't you think that the present spices are not balanced between them ?
Garlic : -33% damage taken
--> That means that, with the same among of health lost, you will deal 1/(1-0,33) -> +50% damage. That just looks superior do the +20% chili spice.
-> That means that all your heals are 1/(1-0,33) -> +50% healing on all your heals received (food, items, souls etc.). That's waaaaayyyy better than spend X salt spices to buff your healing dishes one by one with a mediocre +25%...
Do people really use seasoning salt ? For me it looks really weak, and quite redundant with the garlic... What would you do with it ? I suggested a movement speed boot, but that's just one idea, would you have another suggestion ?

About the special dishes, I'm really curious about their actual use by other Warly players. I personally rank them like this :
-> Frequently used : Moqueca, Volt goat jelly, Glow berry mousse

-> Rarely / never used : Bone bouillon, Monster tartare, Puffed potato soufflé, Fresh fruit crepes, Grim galette, Fish cordon bleu, Asparagazpacho, Dragon salad
That's why I feel like a missed opportunity, and I would like to know if that's just me (maybe I underestimate some of them) or if the recipes are not good.
I understand that you share my concern about Fish cordon bleu, Asparagazpacho and Dragon salad (and suggest to buff them even more to 2 days), what are your opinions for the other ones ? And if you under use them like me, what would be your suggestions to make them at least situational ?

Again, thank your for your reading (you may be the only one you truly read the whole original post ^^) and your detailed comments ! :)

Thank you for the reply. I could honestly talk for days about this character so it's nice to see someone else who will engage with me, haha! Also thank you for being understanding with my opinions. I have some pretty hard opinions and I never want to come off as rude when I express them.

Character Difficulty:

I definitely understand where you are coming from in the character difficulty section. Wes imo has been dethroned from the position of the most challenging character due to the addition of Warly, Wormwood, and Wurt, and is now nothing more than a joke character since he brings nothing to the table. I just personally see nothing wrong with a character, or group of characters, who are genuinely challenging and are more geared towards veterans.

If I was a new player, I'd be completely turned away from Warly all together for his "can only eat crockpot dishes" downside. It's a fundamental part of his character, but little nooby Safety had a strict diet of butterfly wings, carrots, berries, morsels, meat, and birchnuts. When I later found out about the crock pot, I had a blast throwing stuff in and seeing what came out. I sometimes was pleasantly surprised with how much hunger came from some of the dishes I was able to throw together, but I never reliably started using it until I became a more experienced player. Having a character based around it and completely removing the option of those tasty butterfly wings and cactus flesh is a noob stomper in and of itself.

Flaws:

As far as his whole variety thing goes, I do agree that it would be more "natural" to have a counter, but not as practical. I am just now remembering that at one point I did agree with you about the x amount of dishes (except I thought of an unchanging x=3), but I originally thought it would be nice to have both options. For example, if Warly eats meatballs, he wouldn't get the 100% benefit again until after either the 2 day cooldown, OR he had 2 different dishes. I suppose I still wouldn't be opposed to the idea of only needing to do one or the other, but if I had to choose one of the criteria, I'm going with the timer cooldown.

I think having a dish counter rather than a timer might actually be a nerf to Warly in the long run, even ignoring the idea of a steadily increasing amount of dish variety. There are a lot of places in the constant that are rich with ingredients. However there are just as many places without much variety. Take the caves for instance, Warly can have a rough time in the caves. His only saving grace is that he can suffer through 4 rounds of meatballs (which is pretty much the highest hunger dish he can make with ingredients exclusive to the caves, unless he gets lucky when killing bunnies), and be satisfied enough to stomach them again the next time he starts starving. Having to constantly run around and grab bananas so he can make jam, and then lichen to make ratatouille, just so he can get full benefits from meatballs again will definitely be a big nerf to his current situation. I agree it would make more sense, but I don't think it wouldn't be practical.

Powers:

None of the spices are total game changers, with the exception of honey spice. They certainly are powerful and do help a lot, but they won't make or break a fight. Volt Goat Jelly is where the real potential damage is, so as far as spices go, it's nice little mini buffs to dishes that might otherwise be underwhelming. I wouldn't change garlic powder, honey crystals, or chili flakes.
Salt spice is bad and I think that for being the only spice not easily farmed and the most difficult to obtain, it should have a better effect than a simple stat increase on a dish.

As far as his dishes go, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. The only thing I do differently is I like making Grim Gallete, but that's because I play with both a Wortox and a Wormwood. Fish cordon bleu is nice because there is no other mechanic in the game that just instantly makes you dry and not capable of getting wetness for a certain amount of time, but the other dishes are underwhelming.

An idea that some people were kicking around that I support is giving Warly a buff that gives him a x2 multiplier to the timer on any buff from a dish (whether it be seasoning or from the dish itself). I think that would really go hand in hand with your idea of a 1 day timer on the weather based dishes. 2 whole days of not worrying about overheating or freezing is big. Those dishes might actually be comparable to a simple thermal stone and a hat. Besides that, they are underwhelming and not ever really viable. Honestly even with the whole farming rework, I don't see myself making chili salad or asparagazpacho unless something changes.

As for the other chef specials, I never really go out of my way to make them but if I notice I can make them I will. If I get a butter I will check the farms for a fruit and if so, that's a nice 150 hunger, 60 health.

Once again, thank you for engaging with me. I love talking about this character. After hearing what you have to say I can say that we agree on more than I thought initially. 

Hi ! Thanks again for this reply :)

Character difficulty

For my part, I really like the wealth of possibilities brought by the crockpot in the game and would like to see the character that brings you into it more accessible, but we can agree that's really a point a view ^^
Since this discussion won't likely lead to a DST update, but at best to a mod (codded by myself, a friend of mine I'm about to ask, or someone else), it allows us the liberty to make different versions of Warly :
-> An easy Warly (my version) : less challenging but less powers (no volt goat, chili and garlic recipes)
-> A hard Warly (your version) : still very challenging, with uuuunnlimited pooooower (all recipes)

Flaws

It's strange but in the caves, my problems are more about sanity (as I can't perma glow berry mousse, because of its too short radius after 1 day) and health (because no mass pierogi). Since many of the dishes I use (Glow berry mousse, Surf'n'turf, Candy, and even Honey nuggets) have low hunger value, the 180 hunger counter looks more punishing for me rather than the 2-3-4 dishes counter.
I know that's a consequence of my specific playstyle. But to overall I'm not really convinced but the superiority of hunger counter, sorry ^^. I prefer to stick to the dish counter proposition.

Now talking about flaws, if we go for 2 versions of Warly, what would be the different constraints for each one ?
-> Easy Warly : I thought about an only 2 last dishes memory, or 1-2-3 over time ?
-> Hard Warly : 3 last dishes memory, or 2-3-4 over time ? And/or keep the +20% present hunger drain ?

Powers

The extended duration of special effects for Warly is a great idea !!
-> It would concern Fish cordon bleu, Asparagacho, Dragon salad obviously
-> Glow berry mousse too would be nice. I was a little bit relunctant to buff this dish as it's already powerful, but if Warly only can get the long effect that's less strong. Maybe 1-day base lenght with a wide light effect, and longer for Warly ?
-> Honey and Salt spices could be affected too indeed.
-> Even if it's not as useful because fights are not that long, chili-garlic-volt combat bonuses too.
That's 9 of the 13 Warly special recipes (the 4 other ones are more about health/hunger/sanity).
However, are you sure about the x2 duration multiplicative ? It allows to transform spring into automn with "only" 10 Fish cordon bleu, x1,5 wouldn't be enough ? (I have personally no strong opinion)

In the same idea of buffing Warly solo, it could be efficient to give him a boost when he eats its own special dishes, with the "favourite food" newly introduced. Warly has presently no favourite food, but this could be changed :
1/ Warly favorite food is now Moqueca (to compensate the small hunger diminution)
2/ Warly favorite food is now all of his special dishes (these dishes would have now lower hunger values, but the +15 hunger for Warly would allow him to satiate himself quite well if he goes for it's own specials !)
I prefer the second one (that's why it's the bold one ^^), but I don't know if it's possible to bend the favorite food mechanic like this...

And little remarks about 2 dishes :
-> Grim galette : you said that you use them quite often as you play a lot with Wortox / Wormwood. Does the present recipe (2 nightmare fuel) seems balanced for you, or is it just a situational opportunity due to the characters you play with, and the adjusted recipe (1 nightmare fuel) is better ?
-> Volt goat : the present recipe is killing me because it's nothing like a chaud-froid but an ugly English jelly... But I don't dare to add meat/fish because it would present Wurt to use it ! I think I will just replace honey by ice, it's better than nothing.

And one remark I forgot about Chef pouch : its 25% spoilage reduction in DST is crap, but maybe a 50% reduction (even though he only has 6 slots) would make the Bearger not relevant enought. So I propose to set it at 40% (so food durability is now 1,67 longer, that's quite nice !)

Fight dishes

I don't agree with the situational aspect of present chili-garlic spices : 1/(1-0,33) = 1,5 -> a garlic buffed player is exactly equal to a volt buffed player (if they are both dry) in 1v1 or tanking boss situation (And if it's Wigfrid, the garlic is stronger : 1,25/(1-0,33-0,25)=3 for garlic and 1,25x1,5/(1-0,25)=2,5 for volt). And with a chili on top of this, the chili-garlic combo is stronger to buff anyone. I agree that overall volt > garlic > chili, but that's not that big.

If we bring back the volt goat chaud froid for your "hard to play / big rewards" Warly, I would however decrease a little bit the global efficiency of the 3 combat dishes : from the present 2,7x ( 1,5x1,2/0,66 ) to a more reasonable 2x. I honestly think that's more than enough for fight bonuses considering how Warly is becoming efficient for many other situations with the rest of his dishes. And modify a little bit the relative efficiency of them : volt > garlic = chili.
That would lead to :
-> Chili : +20% damage given
-> Garlic : -16,67% damage taken (1-1/6=6/5=1,2)
-> Volt goat chaud froid : 1,5 electric damage, -10% base damage -> 0,9x1,5=1,35

Chili+Garlic = 1,44 / Volt + Spice = 1,62-1,65 / All three = 1,98

Summary

Easy Warly :
-> Starts with a chef pouch and a portable crock pot
-> Remembers only the last 2 dishes (or 1-2-3 ?)
-> Can't cook the volt goat / chili / garlic dishes

Hard Warly :
-> Starts with a portable crock pot only
-> Remembers the last 3 dishes (or 2-3-4 ?) (and +20% hunger drain ?)
-> Can cook every recipe !

General powers :
-> The effects on Warly of its special dishes are 2x (or 1,5 ?) longer
-> Every Warly special dish is now considered as its "favorite food" ?

Fight dishes :
-> Chili dish : +20% damage given
-> Garlic dish : -16,67% damage taken
-> Volt goat chaud froid : electric damage, -10% base damage

Others :
-> The chef pouch decreases food spoilage by 40%

Thanks again for you reading (Dr. Safety, but maybe the other ones who stay quiet !) :)

If you plan on doing a mod, and want to make "hard Warly" different than he currently is in vanilla, I'm not the one to ask lol. I am fully okay with him as he is and like I said, the only change I really advocate for is an increased food buff timer (or any upside that isn't just dishes he makes, to hopefully make him less of a pick-and-swap character). I'll still give my input on the questions you asked though.
Also I 100% support this mod and actually wouldn't be opposed to trying it out just for funzies. 

Flaws:
As far as the hard Warly goes, like I said I don't mind unchanged, even if it means me ditching the idea of variety quantity OR timer. It also would probably be easier from a modding perspective to not have to worry about changing much, if anything, for hard Warly, and just focus on the easier version.

Powers:
I like the 2x timers, mainly because it might actually give me a reason to make those dishes lol. I remember reading the patchnotes and thinking that those dishes were going to be insane game changers. I have yet to make them without thinking that they were a waste of resources lol, except the cordon bleu, glowberry mousse, and chaud-froid. The temperature based dishes are just kinda crap where they are right now, and with them lasting 2 whole days on a Warly might actually make them worth the effort.  
The favorite foods thing isn't really anything too powerful and is more for character flavor. For that reason, I don't mind Warly not having a favorite food, but if he had to have one I would want them to add this dish somehow:
image.png.555fe2954cb1782d2963c15671721af4.png
It reminds him of his dear Maman.
Not very practical but neither is most of the survivors favorite food. (Wes's favorite food is bigger than his stomach, even before adding the bonus hunger. Maxwell's favorite food is a sanity dish, which Maxwell of all people don't need. etc.)

I think Grim Galette is fine. Then again I play with a Wortox so she typically is insane a good 95% of the time. We always have an abundance of nightmare fuel lol.

The Chef Pouch, I agree. The ONLY time I use it is during days 1-5ish until we get an icebox down. Then I ditch it for a normal backpack. I wouldn't mind the increase to 40%, nor would I mind an increase to 50% lol. 

Fight Dishes:
I don't mind them as they are now. I've never used garlic spice or chili spice and felt that the fight would have gone any differently if I hadn't had spiced food. Chaud-Froid is where the real game changing combat perks come in and with it being Warly's holy grail, I don't mind it being as powerful as it is currently.

Hi !

It seems like I over interpreted some of your words in the previous message, sorry ^^

Let's go for the x2 length modifier then, and with such a powerful boost, the favorite meal is indeed maybe not necessary. I bring back the Grim galette to 2 nightmare fuels too (but I keep the modification on "onion" -> "vegetable" requirement, not to chain every Warly dish to this single vegetable. 2 huge hunger dishes with an onion requirement seems enought).
And last modification : I bring back the Bone-bouillon to 2 bones, as bones can be now easily farmed from rotten fish (and thus make this dish already useful) :)

The present proposition would now look like this :

Green : improvement from present Warly

Red : diminishment from present Warly

Blue : change (neither good or bad) from present Warly

General

Max stats : 150 health / 200 hunger / 150 sanity

Flaws

1/ Can only eat crock pot dishes

2/ -25% dish effect for each occurrence of this dish in the last 2 (day 1-35) – last 3 (day 36-70) – last 4 (day 71+) dishes eaten (+ visual reminder on hunger-meter ?)

Powers

1/ Two special items :

Portable crock pot (+50% cook speed, costs 2 marbles / 6 coals / 6 twigs), only used by Warly

Chef pouch (0,6 spoilage multiplier, costs 2 bunny puffs, 4 grass, 4 twigs), used by everyone

2/ Starting items : Portable crock pot

3/ 13 Special dishes (only available in Portable crock pot)

→ Moqueca : 0,5 fish value + 1 tomato + 1 onion = +60 health / +90 hunger / +33 sanity

Bone bouillon : 2 bone shards + 1 onion = +32 health / +150 hunger / +5 sanity

Monster tartare : 2 monster meats = -20 health / +90 hunger / -20 sanity

Grim galette : 2 nightmare fuel + 1 vegetable = +1 health / +25 hunger / +5 sanity, swaps health and sanity values

Fish cordon bleu : 2 frog legs + 1 fish value = +20 health / +25 hunger / -10 sanity, wetness immunity for 1 day

Asparagazpacho : 2 asparagus + 2 ices = +3 health / +25 hunger / +10 sanity, -40°C for 1 day

Red salad : 2 pomegranates + 2 berries = -3 health / 25 hunger / +10 sanity, +40°C for 1 day

Glow berry mousse : 1 glow berry value + 1 fruit value = +3 health / +37,5 hunger / +10 sanity, light emission (constant radius) for 1 day

Glazed fruits : 2 honeys + 1 fruit = -5 health / +25 hunger / +10 sanity, x2 chopping-mining-hammering efficiency for 1 day

Salted cod : 2 salt crystals + 1 fish = +15 health / +37,5 hunger / +0 sanity, +15% speed boost for 1 day

Volt goat jelly : 1 volt goat horn + 1 ice = +3 health / 37,5 hunger / +5 sanity, -10% base damage, electrical damage for 1 day

Spicy ribs : 2 chilis + 1 meat = +3 health / 37,5 hunger / +10 sanity, +20% damage output for 1 day

Roasted vegetables : 2 garlics + 1 vegetable = +15 health / +25 hunger / +0 sanity, 16,67% damage reduction for 1 day

4/ Special dishes effect duration x2 for Warly (Fish cordon bleu, Asparagazpacho, Red salad, Glow berry mousse, Glazed fruits, Salted cod, Volt goat jelly, Spicy ribs, Roasted vegetables)

Diverse attributes removed

1/ Removed : +20% hunger drain

2/ Removed : Last 2 days memory” for dishes eaten

3/ Removed : Fast fire-cooking

4/ Removed : Starting items → 2 potatoes and 1 garlic

5/ Removed : Special dishes → Fresh fruit crepes, Puffed potato soufflé

6/ Removed : Items → Portable grinding mill and portable seasoning station

7/ Removed : Seasoning → garlic powder, honey crystals, chili flakes, seasoning salt

Trainee Warly option (easy difficulty)

+++ : Only remembers the last 2 dishes eaten

+++ : Starts with a Chef pouch (in addition to the Portable crock pot)

- - - : Can’t cook Volt goat jelly, Spicy ribs and Roasted vegetables.

Archived