How to recover stranded rocket?

Maybe upon self-destruct, a fraction of the metal used to construct the rocket is returned to the nearest planetoid in the form of meteors (with the amount relating to tile distance), but with it brings the mourning debuff. A little more interaction than simply pressing a button and the rocket is gone.

why can't we do microgravity refueling using liquid tanks and jet suits? Also a dead dupe means autopilot engages. So you could in theory refuel even after the dupe is dead. No need for a self destruct, but of course that is always an option.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:47 PM, Autoskip said:

Wait, when did Kerbal Space Program get here?

Kerbin, ohhhhhh :adoration:

6 minutes ago, shashe said:

why can't we do microgravity refueling using liquid tanks and jet suits? Also a dead dupe means autopilot engages. So you could in theory refuel even after the dupe is dead. No need for a self destruct, but of course that is always an option.

I like the autopilot idea, also to have the choice to fit an ( expensive ) autopilot system to any rocket as I`m not keen on building and designing rocket interior maps, neither in the base game nor in the dlc.

1 minute ago, babba said:

I like the autopilot idea, also to have the choice to fit an ( expensive ) autopilot system to any rocket as I`m not keen on building and designing rocket interior maps.

It's not my idea, it already exists in the game. My stranded rocket killed the dupe eventually and now the autopilot has engaged, but with no fuel the autopilot doesn't do anything.

1 hour ago, shashe said:

It's not my idea, it already exists in the game. My stranded rocket killed the dupe eventually and now the autopilot has engaged, but with no fuel the autopilot doesn't do anything.

Thank you for the experience sharing :p

Im updating my phrasing: I would like to be able to fit a working ( expensive ) autopilot system to any rocket as I`m not keen on building and designing rocket interior maps, neither in the base game nor in the dlc.

The autopilot could be some device which needs to be manufactured, requires lots of fancy resources to build and can then be fitted to any rocket, for the players which do not want to be rocket interior designers ( either at all or only sometimes ).

On 12/11/2020 at 12:38 PM, babba said:

The autopilot could be some device which needs to be manufactured, requires lots of fancy resources to build and can then be fitted to any rocket, for the players which do not want to be rocket interior designers ( either at all or only sometimes ).

I like this idea for late game rocketry, but I would vote for an entire "artifical intellegence driven rocket nose cone".

[An unaccessible nose cone without the hussle of decorating each late game cargo rocket.]

Archived