Big question for the devs - will the world generation change as more of the DLC is unlocked?

So from what I've seen of the DLC, there is a lot of neat stuff to the worldgen, but at the same time, there might be some features still missing (I've only been able to find one of the three rare resources for example). So I'm wondering - will the world generation stuff change as more late-game features of the DLC get enabled? Will we get some new or generally more asteroids out there that are not currently generated? Or will the currently generated worlds be good through a good chunk of the DLC lifecycle? I'd love to jump deep into the game, but I wouldn't want to reach the few hundred cycle mark before realising I'd need to start over because some new world generation stuff was added in that I can't access in my old world...

9 hours ago, ThePiachu said:

So from what I've seen of the DLC, there is a lot of neat stuff to the worldgen, but at the same time, there might be some features still missing (I've only been able to find one of the three rare resources for example). So I'm wondering - will the world generation stuff change as more late-game features of the DLC get enabled? Will we get some new or generally more asteroids out there that are not currently generated? Or will the currently generated worlds be good through a good chunk of the DLC lifecycle? I'd love to jump deep into the game, but I wouldn't want to reach the few hundred cycle mark before realising I'd need to start over because some new world generation stuff was added in that I can't access in my old world...

It would be nice to know this :p

Klei is probably still working out over the next months how they dongle the basegame and the dlcgame together, its unclear what their current internal development stage is on these questions. I so far assume that the spaceout game is the latest game version and "How the game is" and that content stuff of the basegame will be planted/added/activated in to the dlc game version. Time will show what happens...

Its basically a rework of the entire base game, whereas players computer speed ( smaller maps ) was probably one of the key reasons of the game rework.

21 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Radiation/Nuclear Systems: We've put lots of work into the underlying mechanics of this system already, although it’s still not quite at a point where we're ready to test and receive feedback on it. Radiation systems should become available for testing later in Early Access, once the existing features and systems are in good shape.
  • Late-Game Planetoids and Rocketry: There's still a lot of content to make for this DLC, and we feel it's important to focus on the early and mid game content first.
  • Rare Resources and Global Sustainability: We have plans for how we want to distribute geysers, resources, and other sustainable solutions in the late game, but are holding off on expanding on these ideas until we feel comfortable with the early and mid game content.

I think the only interpretation of this is that there is a 100% chance that map generation will change as they add features which do not yet exist on our maps.

Archived