Refrigerator Working only when Powered - doesn't change a thing

Hi,

I saw in the DLC that the Refrigerator no longer works without power. I dont really understand why this is so - we still have the unpowered box which takes larger area, but does the exact same thing, meaning when we immerse it in hydrogen or CO2, food doesnt spoil.

All I did was replace the fridge with the food box and it was worked around.

there is a way to make it working - they still store the food but dups do not put food in if fridges are unpowered but autohandler does this!!! See picture below - fridges are not connected to the power grid.

Another option is to switch it on for a short while using automation allowing dups to put some food (like after dups eat food and store leftovers)1801044605_foodstorage.thumb.jpg.48c7714044204ae4a2220dbeb924fc96.jpg

They need to give the powered fridge a buff, not a nerf. Most experienced people don't use it anyways. Why use it when we can do a drop-to-floor conveyor chute in a liquid lock or corner pull filled with chlorine?

If they gave the food a +stat buff (similar to balloon mechanic, maybe just +3 and it adds ontop of 20 cap) from being in a powered refrigerator for a full cycle then that's now a whole new ballpark. Give people a reason to use it at all, not make it a worse newbie trap than it already is.

26 minutes ago, Steve8 said:

What needs to be nerfed is CO2 and chlorine. It's just way too easy. CO2 could slow decay, but not stop it. Chlorine could kill germs, but not stop decay. Then you have fridges which stop it.

you not wrong. but you will get judged.

22 hours ago, Steve8 said:

What needs to be nerfed is CO2 and chlorine. It's just way too easy. CO2 could slow decay, but not stop it. Chlorine could kill germs, but not stop decay. Then you have fridges which stop it.

I think that would be fair.

On 12/8/2020 at 12:36 AM, Steve8 said:

That potentially will give fridges a bit more use early on, but overall it will be cheaper to do one 'below zero' room for storage and one CO2 room where automation stores daily amount of food for dupe-access. Last time I checked fridges were too energy intensive and too low capacity to be practical.

Edit: and refridgerator needs some kind of 'I'm full' signal, it can be problematic to automate otherwise.

Archived