Question about DLC early access and mods

I am hopeful, but not confident; I really want to try out the DLC, but not without my 1-high doors. Alas introducing mods makes the whole "testing" part even more worthless than it already is to the common masses (who see "open alpha/beta" and think "I get to play now" rather than "they want people to help test"). 

I dont think the mods already out there will be full compatible Sure, a mod that replaces the liquid reservoir with the old image should work just fine. A mod that changes significant things may not. But for many mods it should be enough to recompile them against the new game version and thats it. 

My "problem" is, while testing the alpha, i recognized so many things i already "fixed" with mods, and i had to deal with them again. 

The mods are edited by the creators so it's mostly up to them to update it to the new DLC not the other way around. I'm sure the modders already have the game files and hopefully make their mods available when it launches. I just need my clippers and sweep by type. The rest for me is vanilla mode.

55 minutes ago, misotoma said:

The mods are edited by the creators so it's mostly up to them to update it to the new DLC not the other way around. 

Currently the mods are disabled in the preview. And the question is, if they enable mod support right away again, or at a later date. The authors of mods can do nothing, if KLEI wont let mods work.

6 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

The authors of mods can do nothing, if KLEI wont let mods work.

why? Can't they just open the files the game is used to work on your PC? Isn't the files needed to update the mod already there with the DLC files? I mean yes it's best for modders to just wait until the actual launch but they can already start testing those files. I didn't think you need Mods enabled when you can create your own game with mods enabled.. kind of like how people can jack other games and make a copy version of it. Maybe I'm wrong.

6 minutes ago, misotoma said:

why? Can't they just open the files the game is used to work on your PC? Isn't the files needed to update the mod already there with the DLC files? I mean yes it's best for modders to just wait until the actual launch but they can already start testing those files. I didn't think you need Mods enabled when you can create your own game with mods enabled.. kind of like how people can jack other games and make a copy version of it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Really ? Do you propose to develop mods "blindly" ? Without the ability to debug, test run, logging, check that everything is working correctly ?

Archived