[Suggestion] Nutrients should have an alternative way to see density

With the nutrients hat it will display the nutrients as a color density with red yellow and blue speckled on the ground.

For people who are colour blind the speckles can mean any of them.

I propose having the hat give the player the action to inspect the tile to be able to see some values via talker, or make the nutrients shape-based.

Something else other than colour alone to differentiate between the three levels.

The nutrients are shape-based though.

Formula is represented by long rectangles, Compost is represented by squiggly lines and Manure is represented by triangles.

I mean, I am not saying that will do the trick, cause I frankly don't know if it will, but for what it's worth, shapes are a thing.

21 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

The nutrients are shape-based though.

Formula is represented by long rectangles, Compost is represented by squiggly lines and Manure is represented by triangles.

I mean, I am not saying that will do the trick, cause I frankly don't know if it will, but for what it's worth, shapes are a thing.

They have shapes, yes, but they're all colour-coded.  There's no non-color shape representation for it.

Simulations from:

https://pilestone.com/pages/color-blindness-simulator-1

image.png.a83ac93d2dbbbab89ccb2dd5a51e12c8.png

Deutan (opia):

image.png.a6bc8ff1454a22e6a3becbcfa610293d.png

Protan (opia):

image.png.16d40c4af3a512cd2ba1e34023e25d88.png

Tritan (opia):

image.png.6d1431d48caab5b2ab20f405bd7a20f4.png

Black/white (topsia):

image.png.8f9d03e88317b802a0edf1504a072e0c.png

Then take into account that the crops that are growing on top of the tile turf obfuscate the turf itself further, making seeing the nutrients even harder let alone being able to see the shapes entirely.

I feel having the ability to make the player inspect and read out the appropriate levels would solve these issues, and isn't hard to add into the nutrients hat's functionality.

Could add a step further and also let it read out water levels, too.  More value to the hat you have to go to the ruins to obtain, I say.

36 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

They have shapes, yes, but they're all colour-coded.  There's no non-color shape representation for it.

Simulations from:

https://pilestone.com/pages/color-blindness-simulator-1

image.png.a83ac93d2dbbbab89ccb2dd5a51e12c8.png

Deutan (opia):

image.png.a6bc8ff1454a22e6a3becbcfa610293d.png

Protan (opia):

image.png.16d40c4af3a512cd2ba1e34023e25d88.png

Tritan (opia):

image.png.6d1431d48caab5b2ab20f405bd7a20f4.png

Black/white (topsia):

image.png.8f9d03e88317b802a0edf1504a072e0c.png

Then take into account that the crops that are growing on top of the tile turf obfuscate the turf itself further, making seeing the nutrients even harder let alone being able to see the shapes entirely.

I feel having the ability to make the player inspect and read out the appropriate levels would solve these issues, and isn't hard to add into the nutrients hat's functionality.

Could add a step further and also let it read out water levels, too.  More value to the hat you have to go to the ruins to obtain, I say.

They're all black without hat, try it

Love this change. It's definitely an option for color blind. Also it's just hard to tell the nutrient levels anyways. My friend is color blind and happens to be a Warly main so this is important personally lol. It's very important to know how much of each fertilizer you have on your field, and the colored shapes can be ambiguous to discern how much nutrient is actually there.

Archived