Sublimation poison

So I setup a couple of Sublimation stations to create some oxygen, the next thing I know my base is full of air born food poisoning, which I traced back to the oxygen producing sublimation stations. I look at the information on the stations, there is no mention of any kind of germs or food poisoning in any of the tabs. Opened the database for the sublimation stations, and there is absolutely no mention anywhere there either of germs or food poisoning. There is no mention that I could find anywhere mentioning germs or food poisoning, but my sublimation stations are definitely producing food poisoning. This leads to the questions what's the point of the sublimation stations if they are just going to make the dupes sick, and why is there no mention of them producing food poisoning in teh data about them.

Food poisoning germs are actually harmless when airborn and they do not spread to any materials after they are airborn. Your dupes would have to handle the gas in some way for it to spread back to them, such as with a canister filler/emptier, which is probably unlikely.

But blash/steve are right - it's coming from the polluted dirt that you are feeding it, or a nearby germy polluted water bottle, or nearby polluted stray dirt.

22 minutes ago, Gun4fun said:

probably your dupes used polluted dirt from outhouse in your sublimation station. It's not bug mate - normal thing sh!tty air, from sh!tty dirt :D

It's a bit of an issue with the interface that you can't prevent germy stuff from being used. I placed down some early manually watered bog buckets. Dupes promptly used germ water from the washroom

I had thought that was maybe the case, where they were using the dirt from toilets and if that's the case, then all that has happened is that it has raised another issue, as you cannot stop them from doing so.

To be honest after 2500+ hours into the original, I'm not exactly enjoying the DLC, it feels like things have been added just to make changes and those changes I'm finding are not fun, they are more of a pain in the rear. It's a shame as the game has some potential, but right now I feel like uninstalling the DLC and going back to the original game I was playing up to last night.

As said the same issues exist in the base game too. Plenty of situations where machines don't have filters that would make things easier.

For example you have to be really careful with bottle emptiers and better set them to "sweep only" if you have pee bottles around. It's actually far worse than getting food poisoning in the air, which cleans itself up in pure oxygen

I build a lavatory and sink by cycle 4 or 5 and then disable my outhouse and washbasin before they need emptying. I've  been doing this for over a year. No poo or pee lying around. I only deconstruct the original buildings once I can clean things properly. The new swamp biome makes this strategy even more beneficial 

Archived