Do you think Wickerbottom's Horticulture, Abridged book should be buffed?

Do you think Wickerbottom's Horticulture, Abridged book should be buffed?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be buffed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. If you picked yes, how should it be buffed? (You can pick multiple answers)

• It should have the old recipe
    • It should grow more than 10 plants
    • You should be able to choose which plants grow
    • It should be buffed in a different way (Write how in a reply)
    • I picked No/Undecided

On 12/17/2020 at 9:23 AM, Queron81 said:

... you could do much more food than you would ever need ...

Looks like you haven't played with 5+ newbies on public servers.
Just to elaborate. I have nothing against this update itself, I'm just upset about the decreasing character significance.

I just watched a stream with a wormwood making 300 veg + seeds every few days without wickerbottom. The new system is definitely better and more engaging than previously. You can literally feed ppl with seeds at this point. And we still need wickerbook. It would be nice to farm rocks with Stone Fruit and Wicker but Stone Fruit ,as a food source, is good enough without wicker as it is. 20 bushes give about 40 fruits every 2 days which is enough food.

Edit: Wicker is still top tier. She can charge WX. She made grass and twig so abundant that you can sustain a family of hundreds beefalo. No one can do what Wicker do. She is still very good. 

I think having a Casters circle to choose which 10 items grow would be cool, but would you really want to run around your base growing each thing individually?

I think it’s better off just left as it is now- I mean BOTH the books don’t even require that many ingredients to get

(which is a shame, I wanted Wicker to have to engage with areas of the game she normally wouldn’t)

The Book can be crafted in bulk supplies by literally never having to LEAVE your base, which isn’t like Wigfrid or Wendy or even Willows Reworks where they need Rarer ingredients from all over the constant like 

Mourning Glory, Spittle Fish, Beard Hair & Beefalo Wool.

I am hoping that when they get around to Wickerbottom rework they make it so just like Wendy, Willow, Wigfrid she needs to quest around the map to get things- rather then just staying in base and having those books literally resupply themselves.

If we got that: then maybe I could agree to having them restored to their former power prior to the nerf.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:08 AM, bombazook said:

1511973490_triggered.gif.6fe91173aac3cab5ef428f4ccbb7274d.gif Hello I'm here to prove you wrong with my 5600 hours of gameplay of this game. : )

On 12/19/2020 at 2:08 AM, bombazook said:

Just to elaborate. I have nothing against this update itself, I'm just upset about the decreasing character significance.

Alright, so, to put this simply - the new farming makes most characters now able to feed themselves alone without needing to hunt or fight anything anymore. Wickerbottom is still relevant to resource farming mostly while crop farming is more of a Wormwood side of things and both are genuinely are really good characters in their own ways.

Wicker is still a power farming to all necessities that also buffs Maxwell players in a sense that they can use those books too, one of those books being On Tenticles - practically demolishes bosses like Bee Queen or other bosses by literally creating shredders. The other new book grows necessities over food - everything you need will be farmed in simply a cost of with the initial two papers  a single living log which is darn cheap not gonna lie and you can make multiple books of it with either with a help of Wormwood or just having massive excess amounts of living logs that somehow I end up having cuz the game hates me and wants me to not run down beargers over a whole forest.

Just cause Wicker got nerfed her potential to feed is still fairly strong, considering that if you make your crops have everything they need like nutrition, water and all that - you can grow giant crops with the value of 2-3 crop grown and 2-3 seeds after hammering.

In general - farming update may have embraced Wormwood (who's a superior food related stuff farmer now) more than Wicker (the megabase material supplier) in this situation, considering that you barely need any space to grow crops comparing to old farms you used to make it is more rewarding to play a farmer sometimes and not rely on character abilities for great reward in general with good planning and setup.

And you're hearing this from a filthy Willow main that likes to farm geckos for grass and grow potatoes and garlic like a proper Soviet Willow to embrace baked potato and potato puree and builds megabase just fine and very efficiently without even needing grandma (wicker) or lettuce's (wormwood) help.

Also I feel like I've got a problem of liking to write massive walls of texts sorry but not sorry xd
Not trying to be mean, but - people can feed themselves if they wanted to :B holding someone's hand through everything in suffering in this game is not ideal and teaches them nothing nor to figure out how to enjoy the game itself. It's called Don't Starve, after all xD

In summary - farming is awesome, even noobs can feed themselves via farms now without too much effort or going after deadly creatures.

Alright I'm finished.
Wall of text ends here. Cya till next one!

On 1/14/2021 at 4:57 PM, Geleia said:

They absolute killed Wickerbottom. NOBODY still play with the character. But... The forum is happy, they don't play the Game anyway, just hate Wickerbottom, and now she is dead.

She's barely even weaker, if at all. 

Horticulture should not be buffed. She should get more interesting books in her rework instead. One book I think would work really well is:

Forgotten Knowledge: 5 uses - Place on the ground when crafting an item to mark the book. The book then allows you to craft that item wherever the book is until it runs out of uses. This works best on recipes from immobile crafting stations like Ancient Pseudoscience and Lunar. It also has niche use as a portable Cartography Table/Think Tank, and to share normal science recipes with players who have not prototyped the item yet.

here is my idea

Keep both Horticulture, Abridged and Applied Silviculture in the game for early and mid game

then give player during late game the ability to craft Applied Horticulture by combine Horticulture, Abridged and Applied Silviculture from an late game crafting station like Ancient Pseudoscience Station, Celestial Altar,...

On 2/22/2021 at 2:47 PM, Warpspeed10 said:

Horticulture should not be buffed. She should get more interesting books in her rework instead. One book I think would work really well is:

Forgotten Knowledge: 5 uses - Place on the ground when crafting an item to mark the book. The book then allows you to craft that item wherever the book is until it runs out of uses. This works best on recipes from immobile crafting stations like Ancient Pseudoscience and Lunar. It also has niche use as a portable Cartography Table/Think Tank, and to share normal science recipes with players who have not prototyped the item yet.

That sounds like a fun idea. It'd also be a nice indirect buff to the currently a little underwhelming pick/axe, since you could tag the book to make pick/axes then carry it and some thulecite to the surface. You could make them a lot more easily than needing to fill up your entire inventory with golden tools down into the ruins with you, but you'd still need to go to the ruins to get the thulecite & mark the book, in addition to the cost of the book.

i feel they went a good path of nerfing her books but you know the horde needs something to complain about because being able to grow food for a small country for some seeds and manure wasnt op enough especially when wormwood was added into the mix being able to grow food beyond comprehension im surprised they didnt nerf her when wormwood was first introduced  

Archived