DLC First Impressions:

So first things first, I have played over 1000 hrs of the non DLC and am finding a couple of mods are just soooooo missing from the base game:

1. Zooming out further, cant tell you how annoying it is to not be able to do this.

2. Game speed on mid setting just too slow and fast setting needs to be way faster.

3. Air locks that dont lock air.

4. Insulated Doors.

5. Storage modules too small.

So Ive only played for a couple of hours but these mods I have noticed the most by their absence. While playing I did have an interesting thought, (pls dont read anything into this) wouldnt it be good in late game to be able to revive chosen dead dupes with some crazy late game tech..... OK SO I KILLED MY DUPES, HAPPY NOW?????

So moving on :-) 

The game..... very good and already quite well polished. A few bugs i.e. fish not moving but generally very playable.

Biggest pet pieve so far, the map is too small. Im sorry but it just is, I love building the big more complex structures, this just isnt possible with the scaling down of the map to this extent. Next negative, too many POI's. Is good that they are mostly now debuildable but still way too many. 

I havent been to space yet but already see the pre built structures i.e. teleporter as a cheat. I am deliberately not using them and hope I wont be forced to to play the game.

Pls bear in mind before commenting that these are only my views and yours may differ. I just feel we shouldnt stray too far away from the base game we all love.

3 hours ago, ATM Reaper said:

1. Zooming out further, cant tell you how annoying it is to not be able to do this.

There is a screenshot mode. Press alt + s to be able to zoom further out.

I am assuming you are not intending to build anything in that view though.

3. Air locks that dont lock air.

Yes, this feels a bit strange at first. But it would really make alot of things too easy to manage if it was a simple building. For now players are forced to come up with smart solution to gain the same thing (*cough*liquid lock*cough*). Later on in the game you will have a more convenient method to create liquid locks with one of the lategame materials.

I would love to see some kind of very-lategame buildable airlock though.

4. Insulated Doors.

True. I would love to have one of those in the winter time as well.

5. Storage modules too small.

True. But there are ways to work around that. The game is kinda coming up with your own solutions. E.g. the dispencer solution of brothgar or my

I havent been to space yet but already see the pre built structures i.e. teleporter as a cheat. I am deliberately not using them and hope I wont be forced to to play the game.

While you might be able to skip the second planet, i think you should at least take a peak to unlock the carepackages from that world.

4 hours ago, ATM Reaper said:

teleporter as a cheat

I agree right now the dupe teleporter on the first planet was just making the game easier to setup 2nd colony. If teleporter was just a one-way(2nd to 1st) or just remove it from the 1st planet. This will ramp up in difficulty and force the player to use rocket instead of waiting for the cooldown.

I'm not sure if other people like easy game or not but I like hard game.

Another Idea is to make it have initially cooldown, Unable to use it in the first 50 cycles or so, That way it wasn't forced but patiently wait instead.

But why teleporters doesn't consume any power? Isn't it supposed to be a power hungry thing?

2 hours ago, SackMaggie said:

I agree right now the dupe teleporter on the first planet was just making the game easier to setup 2nd colony. If teleporter was just a one-way(2nd to 1st) or just remove it from the 1st planet. This will ramp up in difficulty and force the player to use rocket instead of waiting for the cooldown.

I'm not sure if other people like easy game or not but I like hard game.

Another Idea is to make it have initially cooldown, Unable to use it in the first 50 cycles or so, That way it wasn't forced but patiently wait instead.

But why teleporters doesn't consume any power? Isn't it supposed to be a power hungry thing?

Yeh something different needs to be considered, maybe the teleporter is disabled until you rocket to that planet.

You need to understand why you need to fly before you fly. Teleport is a demo version of a flight to other planets. It would be too hard to fly right away. The second asteroid does not provide you with everything, and encourages you to explore further.
This is a gradual increase in difficulty. Previously, you had all the resources on one asteroid (and that was fine with you), now even the transition to the second one, where there is only oil, we will already limit one duplicates every 5 cycles.
Sorry for google translation.

Just now, DarkMaster13 said:

Your only options for fuel are CO2 and sugar+oxylite

The sugar rocket also works with fertilizer as oxidizer

But atm the rockets are weirdly balanced with the CO2 rocket being more powerful. That should probably be the other way around

37 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

At the moment I don't feel like rocketry is practical without using the teleporters.  Your only options for fuel are CO2 and sugar+oxylite.  However you cannot make oxylite and there's no good sources of CO2 on the starting planet.

If you play really slow, you can get a few rockets off with CO2 produced by dupes. But I guess burning petroleum is the main intended source. Things are not balanced now though and the geyser/vent/volcano situation is extremely preliminary. 

Archived