Durian should consume Compost instead of Manure

I've been going over the stats and synergies of the crops and I've noticed a mildly concerning imbalance in the "high maintenance" plants.

crops.png.d217601dfed32912d59c5879fc4ccf8b.png

As you can see here, Garlic is the only "high maintenance" plant to consume Compost, while there are a whopping 3 "high maintenance" plants that consume Manure (Dragonfruit, Durian and Pomegranate). For comparison, no other triad of stats appears more than twice on the table.

This limits the combinations of such plants we can make (since you need Garlic for any 3 crop setup) and, more importantly, it practically ensures no one will ever farm poor ol' Durians. Because not only does Durian only like Spring, but it competes with the very popular Dragon Fruits for self-feeding setups. (And honestly, how many people would farm Durian on its own?)

So I propose that Durian's nutrition stats be changed to (+4,-8,+4), which would encourage farming it alongside Dragonfruit, Onion and Pomegranate and would add a bit more variety to our options.

9 hours ago, tin04ka said:

Also, as far as "low maintenance" crops are concerned, we have tomato, which restores 4 manure ,and watermelon, which restores 4 formula, but we don't have any cheap crop that restores 4 compost.

Yeah, that's also an 'issue' I had, but we'd need a new crop for that, no?

Splendid idea; it'd also help to have one fruit and one vegetable in each category. Durians also deserve some love and it makes sense to have them consume compost and give out manure to the ground. As it stands, Durian's completely same with a highly desired crop like Dragonfruit, which, along with being the only crop to have just one preferred season, really hurts the poor rare plant. I'd also be a nice contrast to have it matched with Garlic, the only plant that likes all four seasons.

Before this update I never willingly planted Carrot seeds in a farm slots because of their natural growth in the world but just seeing how good they matched up with watermelons made me care for them dearly. I'd love the same to happen with Durians; to have a reason to farm them while knowing I'm not losing out on Dragonfruits in their stead.

20201128050621_1.thumb.jpg.27fbd43a489063b812fbb26eff03850e.jpg

Archived