Should Klei take away our ability to make farms plots and change SO much?

32 minutes ago, Muzarello said:

I have a whole field of improved farms, what will happen to them? Did they say something?

I heard from others that they will pop into the materials you used to make them if you have any in your world, similar to how it would be if you used a deconstruction staff

Just now, SaxtonHale said:

There's better things they could've done, this crashes way more than the other betas as well.

This crashes more than the other betas combined, it's just not that great imho, especially the eggs bit.

to be fair eggs were clearly an oversight. it's a lot less cheaty to remove a literal infinitely refreshing foodsource

as for glitches and bugs that is also to be expected. removing code is a lot more problematic than adding so when you do both it is going to be wonky. it will just need more rigorous testing is all ^^

2 hours ago, Verse said:

I heard from others that they will pop into the materials you used to make them if you have any in your world, similar to how it would be if you used a deconstruction staff

I believe the photo posted that sparked this rumor was confirmed to be a screenshot the player took after hammering all his farms, leaving the resources in their place. I think he did it as a meme haha

Not 100%, could be mistaken.

2 hours ago, gaymime said:

considering so many people loudly and aggressively complained about farms i am not really surprised this is the way the team seems to be going

I think they overcompensated to the extreme though lmao 

4 hours ago, Verse said:

no, they stay. Some user missunderstood a screenshot of my field destroyed by me. 

This might change when release

I look at DST as a whole as being what I like to call a Work in Progress, I mean no offense in saying that but for so long the game just felt more or less like DS Solo but with tacked in Multiplayer.

As of 2019 and 2020 though Klei has finally been making substantial changes to DST that branches it away from Solo DS into what it was always meant to be: An Actual Sequel to DS.

Game Companies usually take huge risks in changing the way a game plays from sequel to sequel (unless it’s one of those few games that literally just resell you the same game year after year..) 

Some people are going to love all the massive changes like the Woodie Rework, some people will hate them- But I fully expect to see this game change and evolve more and more with each refresh and update, I am not so concerned about the changes Klei makes..

because in my opinion just as easily as they change something they can also add a Pre-Return of Them/Refreshes mode that lets you play the game in its Classic form.

I personally feel like Klei shouldn’t be afraid to make huge changes to the game, so long as they still provide players options to play without those changes.

I talk a great deal about the World Gen Settings and why we need more control over them- but Imagine being able to choose prior to hosting this New Reap what you Sow type of Farming, or the old school way of Farming- There is literally no way Klei can lose here because they satisfy both sets of players.

My personal Opinion is that Fishing was made more complex with She Sells Sea Shells & Hook, Line, Inker... it was only fair that Farm Crops received the same overhaul.

Im also hoping for more risks, more overhauls, improved enemy A.I. advanced combat.. etc-

The best example I can give is it needs to start feeling like the difference between playing Batman Arkham Asylum, & Batman Arkham Knight- I just hope Klei knows better then to shove a certain feature in our face over and over again till we end up hating it (Bat-Tank hate is real here..) 

Not sure how many people will get that reference but basically my point is DST is now being treated like an actual sequel- and I expect to see game changing changes & risks like this new reap/sow stuff

The one thing I Highly dislike is the 3 heavy Nerfs to Wickerbottom Applied Horticulture, But who knows- Perhaps there’s content coming in the future that actually warrants that change.

Archived