Insane Chlorine in Radioactive Biome

I just started exploring my third world, and I came across the radioactive biome. There is a massive open area with about 10kg of chlorine per tile, and there is a smaller pocket with 250kg per tile. Is there meant to be this much chlorine? 250kg seems pretty insane. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.16.20 PM.png

16 hours ago, Lbphero said:

No it doesnt. At most the pressure in regular maps was like ~3kg

Cannot confirm that. I often run into pockets of nat gas > 20kg/tile on regular maps. Not that often with other gases. And i´m sure, when it comes to CO² there are too such pockets, but i did not notice, because its just not as glowing bright as nat gas.

41 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Cannot confirm that. I often run into pockets of nat gas > 20kg/tile on regular maps. Not that often with other gases. And i´m sure, when it comes to CO² there are too such pockets, but i did not notice, because its just not as glowing bright as nat gas.

Nat gas doesnt spawn naturally in biomes. That was a vent spawn, and even then i highly doubt it was 20kg naturally, as a ng vent overpressures at something like 4kg.

Highly doubt co2 as well.

5 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

Nat gas doesnt spawn naturally in biomes. That was a vent spawn, and even then i highly doubt it was 20kg naturally, as a ng vent overpressures at something like 4kg.

Highly doubt co2 as well.

You may doubt all you want. I know for a fact i encountered said nat-gas pockets without any source whatsoever. The gas was just there for no other reason than it was created there by the map generator. You may not encountered such a thing, and thats okay of course. 

1 minute ago, 2tallyGr8 said:

Could it have been a geode? The place you found the natural gas?

Nope. I've seen the same thing SharraShimada is talking about. Best guess is that Nat Gas is spawned in 5-10 tiles at roughly 3kg and then a 3,000kg oil pocket expands into the Nat Gas and compresses it. 

Archived