I really love new "ruins" in game!

As for base game I was practically bored with most of old ruins, but new ones are bringing much more... well, maybe not life, but interesting backgrounds and mechanics. Only one thing I would like to change in general about ruins - to be able deconstruct them if those are in the way of something and are already "inspected".

On other hand, how about kind of "75% of map is ruins" thing? Like a kind of "adventure map", where is not many resources, and dupes are forced to dig from room to room to get stuff, recover resources, fix or deconstruct objects, traps since most of dupes are suicidal anyway, those don't need to be deadly, surprises etc.

37 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

Being able to deconstruct all ruins would be a great QoL improvement. Often they are in annoying positions and make it harder to plan out a base.

Agreed. But make it part of a high level skill (Archeology maybe?) so that you need to deal with them the "real" way at first, but can deconstruct them in mid/late game. 

3 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Agreed. But make it part of a high level skill (Archeology maybe?) so that you need to deal with them the "real" way at first, but can deconstruct them in mid/late game. 

Interesting idea, could be part of the first or second research skill abilities. This will mean that in order to clear them you have to halt advanced research.

1 hour ago, Notecja said:

On other hand, how about kind of "75% of map is ruins" thing? Like a kind of "adventure map", where is not many resources, and dupes are forced to dig from room to room to get stuff, recover resources, fix or deconstruct objects, traps since most of dupes are suicidal anyway, those don't need to be deadly, surprises etc.

I really hope they put something like that on one of the more distant planets.

I love the new ruins. My second base (doing a new base a night, trying all kinds of things) had two hot tubs in the ruins right next to the starting biome. If I can get steam going, if I go back to that map, I'm gonna have some seriously relaxed dupes. 

Archived