My first session with Alpha

Hello, id like to start by saying that this DLC is truly better than what I expected. Lots of changes are very nice and welcome. I played on Alpha for a few hours today, will play some more later. I took notes of what I thought while I was playing :

I went through the database to see the new stuff first, there were a lot of missing strings in the geysers and volcanoes descriptions.
Hovering my mouse over "polluted water" text on my cool slush geyser tells me it produces 'DirtyWater' all in one word, I guess this was not intended.
Teleportal Transmitter also show in its description above the dupes "sort sort of teleportation device", typo

I was a bit surprised to see we still don't have a bigger zoom out.

There are no new rooms to make (or atleast not showing up in the room overlay), I thought with this space update we'd get space related rooms like a rocket silo or a laboratory maybe, or even simpler things like a kitchen.

The numbers showing kcals in the upper bar do not have the comma, I do believe it was better with one. (ex, 30,300 instead of 30300).

I think it could be great to have some kind of arrow to hide or show the left bar in the research tree screen.

Could it be possible to rename our asteroids ?

The new tile patterns for cobalt, mud/p.mud and sulfur are really nice, I appreciate the fact that every element is easily distinguishable even if there are so many different ones. 

The new critters are really nice, I like the slug the most.

The trapped warning... its marvelous. We needed that.

The sweetle legs... come on, I live for it

And finally, I cannot unsee the gamma ray oven... who wouldnt want that ? Thats so cool. Looking forward to try that popcorn.

11 hours ago, Treizieme said:

I was a bit surprised to see we still don't have a bigger zoom out.

+1 :(

I thought with this space update we'd get space related rooms like a rocket silo or a laboratory maybe, or even simpler things like a kitchen.

I'm not sure about the silo, but lab and kitchen - totally agree

The numbers showing kcals in the upper bar do not have the comma, I do believe it was better with one. (ex, 30,300 instead of 30300).

I'd prefer space, or confgurable coma. In some countries coma separates decimal part of the number, and 30,300 looks like "30 and some" for me, not "over 30k". Very confusing...

35 minutes ago, Slvrsrfr said:

i need a comma, it hurts my eye holes and my skull pudding to comprehend it.

it would be easier for me to read "30.300" rather than "30 300" as well, so I believe we can agree on configurable comma. We already have configurable tepreatures, those are also culture-specific, so comma would fit that idea :)

13 hours ago, Treizieme said:

There are no new rooms to make (or atleast not showing up in the room overlay), I thought with this space update we'd get space related rooms like a rocket silo or a laboratory maybe, or even simpler things like a kitchen.

No new rooms is a bit of a bummer.  Kitchens and research labs are a given, but they could also add spas (better rec room for saunas and hot tubs) and bring back workshops.  I'd also like mission control rooms to speed late game rocket missions, if applicable.

1 minute ago, goboking said:

I'd also like mission control rooms to speed late game rocket missions, if applicable.

Definitely. Though it doesn't really need a room. A console would be enough. Aside from speeding up rocket missions it would just be a nice way to give your researchers something to do when all the research is done (and you don't want them as astronauts for some reason).

It would be a very fitting thing with the theme of the expansion

1 minute ago, Steve8 said:

Aside from speeding up rocket missions it would just be a nice way to give your researchers something to do when all the research is done

That's what I was thinking.  You get faster space missions and your dedicated researches don't spend the rest of their existence running on manual generators for lack of anything interesting to do.  Two birds, one stone.

Archived