Teleport QOL change

Being able to teleport anywhere on screen would be extremely beneficial on console when using lazy explorer or wortox, which is why I suggest 2 options for implementing it.

1. The Meh One: Hovering over the lazy explorer (or wortox's soul while in inv) while its being held and pushing the left dpad stops the character and lets you control the teleport cursor with the right analog stick. Pressing the left dpad again cancels out the teleport.

2. The Better One: Same idea as before but your character can still move while you move the teleport cursor around.

Second one's obviously the best but I didn't know if there was limits in regard to teleporting since you have to sit still before being able to actually tp.

I also can't think of any interactions in game that would bug this out but who knows, chests would definitely be disabled during the animation.

ALSO, lazy explorer and wortox's souls would keep their normal tp with limited range, this is just an addition to them.

50 minutes ago, skullend1 said:

adjusting the teleport range using the touchpad since we don't really use it. :)

That has to be the best suggestion about teleport range on console so far.

Swiping up on the touchpad would increase range, and swiping down would make it closer to wortox(for dodging attacks).

A perfect solution.

13 hours ago, skullend1 said:

That's a great idea, do updates exclusive to the console edition of this game (For something like this) happened before? I also suggest adjusting the teleport range using the touchpad since we don't really use it. :)

YES TOUCHPAD

On 12/9/2020 at 8:19 AM, skullend1 said:

Esa es una gran idea, ¿las actualizaciones exclusivas de la edición de consola de este juego (para algo así) sucedieron antes? También sugiero ajustar el rango de teletransporte usando el panel táctil ya que realmente no lo usamos. :)

Muy buena idea, seria un muy buen regalo de navidad.

Actually you know what I want an entire Wortox rework... I am so tired of trying to use an item or structure that requires pressing the Teleport button that instead of doing the action I want to do (on Xbox it is B) I instead Teleport away.

You can see this in action in my Halloween build where I’m trying to light the lanterns but instead teleport away.. it is annoying.

Spoiler

And my suggestion for a fix would be like summoning/returning, riling/soothing Abigail.

You can only command Abigail by scrolling to her flower and interacting with it.. I should have to scroll to souls as Wortox to use them...

it would save me a ton of frustration with Teleports I Did NOT want to happen.

There are other game features that also use the Teleport/Wortox method of casting, such as Water Balloons.. they all need to be looked over and improved upon.

My idea is to press r3 (the stick to move the inventor) and that changes it into a cursor. Pressing it again lets you move your inventory again. Also add a teleport range adjustment in the options menu similar to wigfrids emulots (not sure on spelling) that range from Long (edge of screen), medium, (middle of screen), short (one tile), and self (teleport in place).

13 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

My idea is to press r3 (the stick to move the inventor) and that changes it into a cursor. Pressing it again lets you move your inventory again. Also add a teleport range adjustment in the options menu similar to wigfrids emulots (not sure on spelling) that range from Long (edge of screen), medium, (middle of screen), short (one tile), and self (teleport in place).

good suggestions. 

On 10/25/2020 at 4:31 PM, Linxxxx said:

Being able to teleport anywhere on screen would be extremely beneficial on console when using lazy explorer or wortox, which is why I suggest 2 options for implementing it.

1. The Meh One: Hovering over the lazy explorer (or wortox's soul while in inv) while its being held and pushing the left dpad stops the character and lets you control the teleport cursor with the right analog stick. Pressing the left dpad again cancels out the teleport.

2. The Better One: Same idea as before but your character can still move while you move the teleport cursor around.

Second one's obviously the best but I didn't know if there was limits in regard to teleporting since you have to sit still before being able to actually tp.

I also can't think of any interactions in game that would bug this out but who knows, chests would definitely be disabled during the animation.

ALSO, lazy explorer and wortox's souls would keep their normal tp with limited range, this is just an addition to them.

This would be good for the Strident Trident aswell, its range is minimal on PS4, it is barely usable. It would be so great if you could control the area of the spell with the right stick.

Archived