I'd read the op b4 voting  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about dst's ambiance

• It's good
    • It's satisfactory
    • It could use some changes
    • It's bad and needs changes
    • I don't care
  2. 2. What problems do you have with dst's ambiance? (multiple choice)

• Mobs' AI is dumb and they keep running into objects
    • Too little idle animations
    • Sound design
    • The world feels dead (explained in the op)
    • Too little interactions between flora and fauna
    • More structures/plants should have multiple sprites like berry bushes
    • I don't have any problems

Wasn’t joking when I said a more improved version of DST would be one of VERY few games to get me to move to a new game console-

The other games on that list are looking like State of Decay 3, Batman Gotham Knights, and the obvious GTA V remaster.

Thats it.. there is literally NOTHING coming out on PS5 or Xbox One beyond that, that I even care about. :( 

But a better DST?? Oh man it would be a dream come true!

I would like to see Birchnut trees actually losing their leaves and those leaves dancing about on the ground when wind blows you know like how “Fall” does in real life? I would LOVE improved 2020 looks for many many MANY of the games well I hate to say it this way because it sounds rather mean.. :( but- Outdated mobs & biomes.

For example Red and Blue hounds- in the game currently their only a different color from a regular hound.. but that color differences could be more visually noticeable by having the Red hound look more Charcoal looking with glowing cracks of Lava pouring through its body and Ice Hounds more visually looking like hounds made of well ice with Icey shards hanging out their back and maybe a cool mist coming off their body kinda like the following spoiler image.

Spoiler

8824A3F3-D4DA-48C0-AEB0-5881043FD996.thumb.png.70e509358d88076802b8d55c2cd59dee.png

The TL:DR all the games coming out for PS5 and Xbox Series X with the exceptions of the 3 I named above have failed to catch my interest in investing into a new console- But a drastically improved version of DST?? 
Where do I sign up for getting me some of THAT!

:( I think your missing the purpose of my post.. I actually WANT a Reason to go out and BUY a Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X console.

Klei wants DST to be the mega franchise they always hoped it would be right? Well there’s no better way of getting a foot in the door to that goal- Then by having a Diamond amongst a mountain of coal.

And in this particular case: Im talking about the lackluster games line-up that both next gen consoles currently have revealed.

When people buy these new consoles coming out literally within the next 2-3 weeks.. those people are going to be looking very specifically for something worthwhile to play on those consoles.

And if DST could be one of those games on that list- Klei would already have a massive head start & who knows- In the future.. when DST is Crossplay and PS5 and Xbox Series X have truly had time to settle in- Console gamers may get Mod Access on the Next Gen consoles someday-

I can already pull up an actual internet app on my Xbox.. all it would take from that point would be being able to download and launch the PC version of the game.

When I came to these forums- and started bouncing out ideas I want it to be clearly known that the ideas & suggestions I made are NOT things I expected Klei to add to the game tomorrow, next week, months or even a full year from now.. I wanted to intentionally think outside the box for the absolute craziest ideas... not of what DST is right now, but what it could be 4-5 years from now..

You guys may disagree with a lot of the crazy stuff I suggest constantly, but those suggestions were never made thinking about the resources or even the same gaming engine that DST operates on right now.. Im thinking full steam ahead into the distant (or maybe not so distant) future.

This particular thread is about the games environment and atmosphere right? Well picture the craziest improvements you would like to see like- Squirrels leaping from tree to tree or Graveyard fogs rolling across the entire map instead of just in that one biome.. trees that are dying/ have fallen over, insects, bugs picture frogs hopping out of their current ponds with a splash of water and them bouncing around eating flies or insects or instead of running back to their pond.. they disappear inside a hallowed out large tree branch that’s broken off a tree.. picture hearing their ribbit sounds at night as their beady little eyes stare back at you from inside the trunk and them licking at Fireflies, 

Whatever you THINK the games technical limitations are- Forget them, that is a situation that only KLEI developers should be thinking about.. because only Klei knows if they plan to upgrade the game to a new software engine.. only Klei should have to worry about the Technical stuff.

WE as Gamers who play their games- Should be thinking about what we want to see in the future (even if that content isn’t going to ever be logically possible..)

It never hurts to dream big and reach for the moon.. you may at least grab a few stars in your attempts at trying. Or if you happen to be Charlie.. You may send a large chunk of it crashing into the ocean ;) 

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

It never hurts to dream big and reach for the moon.. you may at least grab a few stars in your attempts at trying.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars" 

I think some of those things would be cool, but I also think we definitely should consider technical limitations when making suggestions. 

Archived