Can't understand Ventilation System

I have a room with Natural Gas, Chlorine and Carbon Dioxide.  I'm trying to send the gas to the power plant, but no matter how i set the filters up, they just push the chlorine or the co2 through and block the pipe.  I've been messing with this a while and i'm getting really, really annoyed with this system.  

EDIT:  The battery icon is there because the hamster wheels haven't charged the batteries enough to keep the system going.  Which wouldn't be an issue if the filters would let the natural gas reach the generator.

Screenshot_18.thumb.png.39400620ef084bafe2e8f58e3577a106.png

Since i cannot edit my post again, i'll just put this here.  After much Google Fu, i learned that I have to put a vent opening at the end of my pipes which are already open...  I didn't realize that an open pipe wouldn't expel the gas without a vent on the end.

Note that your setup will still back up and fail if the pressure in the room gets too high for the vent.  

If the pressure in the room is low enough, then no issues; but if it's a medium pressure room you'll probably need the advanced vent;

and if it's a REALLY high pressure room, you'll need an infinite gas vent setup.

8 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Note that your setup will still back up and fail if the pressure in the room gets too high for the vent.  

If the pressure in the room is low enough, then no issues; but if it's a medium pressure room you'll probably need the advanced vent;

and if it's a REALLY high pressure room, you'll need an infinite gas vent setup.

Or use an overflow system, that pumps excess gas out of the chamber somewhere.

BTW, filters suck.  With two filters and the pump you're going to be using half the power that generator produces right there and it's going to burn through the NG in that room in about a minute or two.  Use a gas pipe element sensor and a shutoff valve to route the gas to where it needs to go and you don't need to pay the power cost of the filters.

35 minutes ago, psusi said:

Use a gas pipe element sensor and a shutoff valve to route the gas to where it needs to go and you don't need to pay the power cost of the filters.

Or just plain jane mechanical filters.

Archived