Welcome to the Mirage

ZTheNecromancer

So since I didn't work on any comic pages during february I've been busy trying to get at least 2 pages done, so I don't have any completed drawings...yet. But I do have more doodles and concept art

I found a better way for drawing geckrokee heads, featuring Amanzi. The Wielder of the Waters

(Bio below)

Spoiler

Unique among The Mirage wielders for being a ghost at the time of becoming a wielder himself, Amanzi is a good example of why the ocean isn’t a graceful thing. Standing 5’6”, around the physical age of 15, and born 9/15/???? meet the Wielder of The Waters. Formally titled Mantroofanto.

Pre-Wielder Amanzi lived on a hunting ship, not just any hunting ship. A GEBD hunting ship, during a time where their baubles were popular and expensive, and the meat was valued. This led many ships to try and hunt the dangerous eels-including Amanzi and his crew. And on a calm sunny day, The Achira set off for what was to be the final time. 

Amanzi loved his crew, they taught him, they kept him, and they loved him back. He looked up to the second mate especially, who cared for Amanzi like he was their own kid. This second mate was known for wearing a glitter-y object around their neck. And on one, chill, autumn night. A pod of GEBD’s approached the ship, without a warning. They began to tear and rip apart the ship and creman alike. It took a mere hour before they were all dead, and the ship at the bottom of the sea. Most of the crew simply moved on, but not Amanzi. Furious at having his life and others torn away from him in a matter of minutes, he became a ghost. A draugr out for revenge against the creatures that ended his perfect life, especially the one that ate the second mate. Right in front of him. Over the years, he killed every GEBD he came across. Even damaging the ships that hunted them, losing himself to the violence, and sight of his goal. He became rotten and disfigured, the coastal towns. Not knowing what he was and fearing him, simply called him the Mantroofanto. This all came to a head many years after the sinking that nobody noticed, the ship and the bodies were still unrecovered. And Amanzi was still furious, a ship caught a gigantic, old, GEBD. Upon cutting it open, there was a partial skeleton with a glitter-y blue object around its neck. In an instant, the boat started to rock, splinter into pieces, the waves became rough, it started to storm. In a panic, the crew threw the skeleton, the bauble, and some parts of the fish into the water. The storm ceases, and there’s a few moments of silence. Before the water jolts, glows, and something is spat out onto the boat.

Moving on from that, Amanzi is a sassy fellow. But also a chill fellow, a very chill fellow. Drop something on his foot and he’s fine with it, but also he sometimes gets lazy. Greatly dislikes GEBDs, and regularly hunts them.

Saturn has a hoarding problem, so much so that he needed a pocket dimension for all his things. Sometimes he'll sneak into it for extra naps

No context will be given

Finally, something that popped into my head randomly. I'm not sure what it is, honestly

1 hour ago, viberr said:

thank you! on the topic of my art progress

you're a necromancer right? you most probably have some forbidden unholy knowledge right?

tell me, how do I get the any% world record for becoming an artist?

just do it allready instead of spewing empty words

23 minutes ago, viberr said:

I am! I'm trying to learn!

but I'm still quite wack at it

but you don't have to be so harsh!

Okay so in the corner of the starting area you can clip through the wall and head down to the checkpoint, where what you need awaits

Jokes aside, it's studies. Whether you're trying to draw cartoonishly, realistically, or anime. They work for all three. Since lots of art involves just breaking a form down into basic shapes you can use to build off of, make sure you've got some references there when you're doing them

(Here's a few of my old ones below)

Spoiler

1877974224_Cubestudy.thumb.png.fe3b578659fbc69a0c0506dc89fbc57a.png

576797953_Cactistudy.thumb.png.ac3b0d1123e31919bdddd05f82f47f61.png

2051257510_ravenstudy.thumb.png.e537aeacccb17ab016810b8961c377be.png

1 minute ago, ZTheNecromancer said:

Jokes aside, it's studies. Whether you're trying to draw cartoonishly, realistically, or anime. They work for all three. Since lots of art involves just breaking a form down into basic shapes you can use to build off of, make sure you've got some references there when you're doing them

yeah! I've been doing that, but mostly with really simple shapes! but right now, I'm just drawing circles! lots of em, because I need them to look better since the ones I used to draw all looked like potatos:lol:

do you have any tips for drawing a circle? blue says that you should draw them in several small strokes, but whenever I do that, they end up even worse, but I do draw my circles with two strokes! it feels more comfortable, sometimes I do them with three! but is there any better method to draw circles?

IMG_0204.thumb.JPG.06166fcb1c5fef0f8893428d9fbdad7a.JPG

here's some circles that I drew just now, as you can see! they're quite....ummm...bad, but you should have seen what my circles looked like a couple days ago! a literal baby could make better circles:lol: but I am getting more consistent so I'm pretty happy with my progress!

1 hour ago, viberr said:

yeah! I've been doing that, but mostly with really simple shapes! but right now, I'm just drawing circles! lots of em, because I need them to look better since the ones I used to draw all looked like potatos:lol:

do you have any tips for drawing a circle? blue says that you should draw them in several small strokes, but whenever I do that, they end up even worse, but I do draw my circles with two strokes! it feels more comfortable, sometimes I do them with three! but is there any better method to draw circles?

IMG_0204.thumb.JPG.06166fcb1c5fef0f8893428d9fbdad7a.JPG

here's some circles that I drew just now, as you can see! they're quite....ummm...bad, but you should have seen what my circles looked like a couple days ago! a literal baby could make better circles:lol: but I am getting more consistent so I'm pretty happy with my progress!

Those circles don't actually look bad! They don't need to be perfect circles so you can use them, however. Sometimes the shape of the circle can depend on how much of your arm is on the page, I'm not sure how to explain it properly. But basically the less arm you have resting on the page the more loose, free, and bigger the circle can get

Personally I saved doing line exercises until I got my drawing tablet so I could get a headstart on doing lineart, as long as the circle doesn't have any obvious lumps it should be fine to use. And of course, you don't necessarily have to use whatever BB uses. As long as you're achieving the same results and it's not a drag to do, I think you'll be fine

Hell, it can be good to use alternate methods for something. You don't always have to do it the same way someone else does, and I encourage you to find alternate ones you might like more. Or just to know for variety

1368295273_doodletavern4.thumb.png.06f5785d3d02d3da3cd85763e5780d03.png

Doodles from an art stream in my server (Which if you're interested, you can find in my signature)

991137619_monsterafrigidus.thumb.png.f3cc8e922608e93ecd538f51860dd072.png

Felt like rendering some fruit concept art, this is Monstera Frigidus. The goo on the inside that contains the pods is icy but edible, and the pods have the texture of ice cream and the flavor of maraschino cherry ice cream. Based off of the real life Monstera Deliciosa

Now for some Saturn stuff! You know, the birdad!

1614360290_saturninasweatervesthelookscool.thumb.png.29b6eef94e1ba097850a02ba92bdf908.png

tiredsaturn.thumb.png.e6a9fddbb2d4cedabebc75589b673f86.png

sheshungry.thumb.png.2aaf3f1a416d3ed72bc6c87410bc0b52.png

(Featuring a much younger but still very tall Tempest)

920478009_tempestsleepwear.thumb.png.f52a08cd6d2b97add14f789ec5c06f7c.png

Tempest...but sleepwear

watawnadoodle.thumb.png.1201558215843e9f808bbbf1f6986bb1.png

Quick Watawna doodle with nothing to it

634185750_elsilbonsfunkyjaw.thumb.png.d942dcbed4d8c874b0bb6472185f983d.png

And finally, this story's version (I say version, but nothing's really changed about it. It just picks up where the original tale left off and everything else stays the same) of El Silbon's jaw tends to fall off when it (he?)'s mad

Archived