Welcome to the Mirage

ZTheNecromancer

1972261402_candlefirstiterationpng.thumb.png.6462f7c211487fee3616c6187d1fc62d.png

This one isn't Mirage-related but I'd figured I'd post it anyway, these are the protags of another idea I call Lamplighter. The whole schtick is that an angry boomer unleashes a horde of ghosts on the world and caused the apocalypse because they weren't happy about the younger generation. This forces the still-living people underground because the curse prevents ghosts from going back down 6 feet under. It's said that if one brings the lamp the curse was bound to to where the spell was cast the whole thing breaks. So Candle sets out to do just that

Well it's been a little bit hasn't it? I've been busy working on something special but I've drawn a few things

1417347013_shiwasoriginallyfromthe1960s.thumb.png.3c5e27de01ad722f2aee7c3b9a1f6c60.png

Figured Shi and his scythe needed a redesign and some love, I like the lighting on it

140178690_geckrokeeandpsikikoaconcepts.thumb.png.5c88806670b654dc215242319f120ea9.png

These are a few race concepts from a few days ago, Psykikoa are...psychic three-eyed anthro cats, go figure

Geckrokee's are extremely flexible and originated from high altitude areas, yes. They can still climb walls like regular geckos

186759741_jiniconcept.thumb.png.48c7aff9c33bdd4fb9f186fd33c2240e.png

Yesterday I got bored and wanted to see what one of the Wielder's could look like and I ended up with something weirdly delightful

801292215_jonasturnaroundupdatedversion.thumb.png.d590af5df367afb9cd286ddc75a36a7a.png

An updated turnaround for Jonas that I made back in October, the 3/4 back is more awkward than I'd like it to be 

837307816_Iristurnaround.thumb.png.9b19d492226a8c62a65d101493b12b97.png

A turnaround for Iris, I'm not too happy with this one but it does the job

Alright, now for 2 ancient characters I've been hesitant to say anything about here for a long while. Pretty much everything's changed about them, so if you happen to be familiar with their awful previous selves. Here's the eyebleach

Spoiler

1467957120_Watawnasoriginalnamewaswavel.thumb.png.2f6b0485d0e16ef7c5a94b04da2eece4.png

146943434_watawnaturnaround.thumb.png.b99738309f0d0c213e97d32f79e7d308.png

1983676508_TempestOriginallyhadacompletelydifferentnamedIhated.thumb.png.70ad4efe3b401b57112a0b84a3ac4b23.png

Yup, it's these two again. As I've said they've been completely reworked and placed into their own thing and not a...whatever their previous selves were, everything about them is different, including but not limited to names and personality. Here's their respective bios, under another spoiler because this is already a monster of a post

Spoiler

Watawna:

The younger of the two Mirage starborn, Watawna Carnelian-Auburn Wells is technically the 2nd-to-eldest sister to the Wielders despite not being one herself. Despite this, they still treat her more like an aunt figure. As she seems to have picked up on her father’s (Metaphorical) softer side.

Born a few milliseconds after her sister (Something that’s frequently fought about), Watawna spends her days as a librarian, alchemist, licensed witch and some other things. She seems to have her interests drift from place to place and then loop right back around, unbeknownst to anyone. She was a poisoner for a short time.

Watawna’s something of a kooky aunt figure, the type of person who collects shiny rocks, the type of person who’d get distracted by all the lost stuff they found while cleaning their room. Yes, she’s those types of people with a side of care and bubbliness. Pretty intelligent but doesn’t act like it.

Being a starborn, she’s extremely powerful in her abilities. Most of her abilities makeup what we all know as Hollowlantern Magic. Just like regular Hollowlanterns, she also needs leaves to power said magic. 

The relationship between her and Tempest certainly isn’t tense, they may not act like it but they stick together through and through no matter what. It’s impossible to see one without the other nearby, although fights have certainly happened. Some leaving lots of damage and in some cases, casualties. Both are also of equal strength, although neither really show it. Watawna’s constantly trying to trick Tempest into taking her hood off or trying to get her to do a favor, but of course. Tempest is usually the one who’s trickery actually succeeds.

Lives in a house with Tempest that’s nearby Saturn’s house, it seems that they too prefer the forest over a town.

Tempest:

One of the Starborn, One of the two that started it all, one of the two that started a whole race, one of the two who massacred an army. This is Tempest Sepia-Carmine Wells, one of the Mirage Starborn.  Being 0.00000561 milliseconds older (And more responsible in general)than her sister, she’s considered the older of the two. Standing at 14’1, she’s just an inch above the average Hollowlantern height.

Born sometime around october 22-24th alongside her sister Watawna. She’s one of the few starborn to still exist in this universe, starborn are beings born from magical forces getting caught in a supernova. Resulting in one or more beings of various forms to be born, however, they’re often highly deformed or weak. Tempest and Watawna were extremely lucky, only being born without faces. Something easily fixed from Saturn’s knee jerk reaction of carving their faces, which somehow didn’t kill them. Out of the two, Tempest is considered to be more responsible. Except she really doesn’t care about others, not that she can’t. She just doesn’t like to, when she’s making a plan, she doesn’t consider the lives or wellbeing of others. It’s a hefty cost, but she’s really good at coming up with a plan, especially battle plans. Good strategist basically.

While not extremely aggressive of everyone around her she most certainly doesn’t like them, letting her pessimism and lack of tone control. Well, control how she speaks. As you can tell, Tempest has a very pessimistic outlook on life. With Watawna there to “remind” her. It’s also not uncommon for her to act like some gremlin in an attic.

Moving on from her personality, no one really knows what’s underneath Tempest’s hood. It’s so old, and well kept, still holds together pretty well from what I’ve seen. Supposedly she got it as a birthday gift and hasn’t been seen without it instead, hell even Watawna’s curious. We’ll probably never find out, because even if it goes down to her ankles it’d still be impossible to sneak up on her much less yank it off. 

Other notable stuff: Is a snake person, favorite candy is voodoo gobstoppers, secretly a part-time hitman, otherwise works as a surgeon and alchemist. Big fan of southern gothic, dislikes grunge however (“They’re trying too hard to look like they’re cool and different than everyone else.”).

image.thumb.png.8e5d1ba006fc3ef119d833e3a0a96b9e.png

Finally, here's some persona doodles I made while procrastinating another drawing. Along with the following edits to the third one because I thought it was funny

Spoiler

Alright I said finally but here's a complete panel for what I'm working on:

Hi, I know this ain't my thread but it's still mirage-related so I guess I can technically post it here i guess. I did an art trade with Zee and I drew Shi, plus I drew Saturn for Inktober (even though it wasn't a very accurate drawing because I didn't know that plushies were short & stout) plus I've also made a few Mirage doodles, so I'll just drop em here I guess.

Shi.thumb.png.26a6bea247359b80c7afbd069f4ccf91.png

425694351_5.Raven.thumb.png.96d37f2bf5ee837eabe25c24a3578a07.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.765c86855cbdcd3024ede9ad6a635d85.png

image.thumb.png.cec34c9699dd19e1d4d658f93110a69f.png

image.thumb.png.dde96ff6ebd74fa89bce25e6df62b231.png

17 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

Hi, I know this ain't my thread but it's still mirage-related so I guess I can technically post it here i guess. I did an art trade with Zee and I drew Shi, plus I drew Saturn for Inktober (even though it wasn't a very accurate drawing because I didn't know that plushies were short & stout) plus I've also made a few Mirage doodles, so I'll just drop em here I guess.

Drinking game take a shot everytime Blue says I guess

602823015_pianeeselikescorgisandbigred.thumb.png.24b313604153064e4b3183b857c8811d.png

Found an old sketch from september and decided to finish it

1161585772_stevenbadlydoodles.thumb.png.7e49a01788ccaddc386912dcfb1ae71f.png

Aaaaaand here's Steven Badly! He spends his days mourning his wife, Tortrenti. Usually apathetic and definitely sad, but prone to overreacting and causing a lot of chaos because of it. Other times, if you see him very late at night, he gets more nervous and quiet. Almost as if he's hiding something...

(No, it's not that he killed his wife. That's boring)

irisjonas.thumb.png.b406bfe0a84cd270667ec607ef14f405.png

I figured these two needed a drawing after realizing it's been almost a year

ernest.thumb.png.7983c9e7ad77675a5624c5a6ebef060b.png

This is Jonas's grandpa, you can see that being short runs in his family

1762344256_saturnnewshapes.thumb.png.2694edb020156c461c633f28b83172a5.png

And finally a slightly tweaked design for Saturn, mostly in shape language

Finally, a WIP. I kinda scuffed the eye level and the horizon line, I tried my best to fix it but it'll probably turn out scuffed still

image.thumb.png.ffb7ed5044c21fd5d278555b6afb9e06.png

image.png.5c0c024f223f529907f7e789cda2831a.png

Archived