Why do clockworks aggro when you hit ancient guardian?

I was trying to do another run, while suddenly a bishop appeared out of nowhere, and started attacking when I hit ancient guardian (AG). It also costed me the run. Just to be sure it wasn't me who was blind I tested it in creative mode, and it does seem to be the case. I tried looking for any lore, and there is no relationship between AG and the clockworks being allied. Do you know why this is the case in the game?

15 minutes ago, KeshS said:

I was trying to do another run, while suddenly a bishop appeared out of nowhere, and started attacking when I hit ancient guardian (AG). It also costed me the run. Just to be sure it wasn't me who was blind I tested it in creative mode, and it does seem to be the case. I tried looking for any lore, and there is no relationship between AG and the clockworks being allied. Do you know why this is the case in the game?

Maybe The bishop is in The maze but you missed it and u happen to be in its aggro range

Well, I absolutely never noticed it as clockworks are most of the time at a reasonable distance of the Ancient Guardian but it appear it is true.

local function IsChess(dude)
    return dude:HasTag("chess") -- clockworks have the "chess" tag
end

local function OnAttacked(inst, data) -- when you attack Ancient Guardian
    local attacker = data ~= nil and data.attacker or nil
    if attacker ~= nil and attacker:HasTag("chess") then
        return
    end
    inst.components.combat:SetTarget(attacker)
    inst.components.combat:ShareTarget(attacker, SHARE_TARGET_DIST, IsChess, MAX_TARGET_SHARES) -- find clockworks around to target the attacker
end

I guess it make sense as both of them are looking to defend the ruins, but we surely don't have the chance to trigger this all the time, now I'd like an actual remake of his arena with Clockworks all around, it could be so much trickier, nice find :D

maybe at low percentage health, AG will enter enrage mode and start howling, causing earthquake, spawn a few clockwork knights and bigshops from every corners surround the boss and players

AG speed and damage might seems very strong at first encounter, but with armor and a little food, we just need to simply hold F to kill AG alone

2 hours ago, ADM said:

Well, I absolutely never noticed it as clockworks are most of the time at a reasonable distance of the Ancient Guardian but it appear it is true.

local function IsChess(dude)
    return dude:HasTag("chess") -- clockworks have the "chess" tag
end

local function OnAttacked(inst, data) -- when you attack Ancient Guardian
    local attacker = data ~= nil and data.attacker or nil
    if attacker ~= nil and attacker:HasTag("chess") then
        return
    end
    inst.components.combat:SetTarget(attacker)
    inst.components.combat:ShareTarget(attacker, SHARE_TARGET_DIST, IsChess, MAX_TARGET_SHARES) -- find clockworks around to target the attacker
end

I guess it make sense as both of them are looking to defend the ruins, but we surely don't have the chance to trigger this all the time, now I'd like an actual remake of his arena with Clockworks all around, it could be so much trickier, nice find :D

That's really interesting. I wish there were more clockworks in that area. That would somewhat solve the cheesing problem. 

Archived