Survivor Skins

23 minutes ago, rafaelluismpalm said:

warly really has different skins... like trawler??

Trawler Warly is one of my favorite skins in the whole game. I use that yellow jacket on every character. I get what you mean in that Warly doesn't have Collection-Skins like Verdant, Survivor, Triumphant, etc...But I just wanted to say that :grin:

I updated the character skin table. It seems Wurt has been the most successful new survivor to collect all classic skins, she just needs a survivor skin to complete the heirloom quartet.

1192887380_TableofSkins.thumb.png.4b985f6489d97ff2bec756e1f19e169d.png

My notes from these:

> The character with most skins is still Winona with 13 skins. She is followed by Wigfrid, Wes and Wx-78, all of whom have 12 each.

> Soon Wigfrid will get her unique skin too and her classical ones will be made available-already existing ones turning Heirloom grade.

The character with the least amound of skins is Walter with only 3 skins. Above him we have Wurt, Wortox and Wormwood, who each have 4 skins.

> Hollowed Nights is also slowly approaching and my desire is for all newer survivors to get a costume as I love that collection; noone beyond Winona ever got one. However from the gaps I can almost smell another Hallowed Nights set, potentially covering the last 5 Characters without the said skin: Woldfang, Woodie, Wormwood, Wurt and Walter. It is truly one of the more inclusive collections when it comes to its coverage and it can finally be the first collection to cover all characters.

> I'm really not sure why there is a distinction between Snowfallen and Marrymaker collections, they are mutually exclusive and together cover all non-postWinona characters. Maybe they wanted to have an inclusive Festive skin set but also wanted change the theme from snow color to jolly. Regardless it'd be interesting if they really differentiate them this winter by giving Marrymaker skins to those with Snowfallen and vice versa.

> Contender is without a doubt my favorite skin collection and so far they've only released contender skins in two waves of three characters. I hope we get them this year too.

> Hopefully Post Winona characters will someday have their forge skins (Gladiator and Magmatic). They gave a Victorian Skin to Warly so I don't see why newer characters can't enjoy the Forge and Gorge themed skins too.

> The unique sets are interesting and it's baffling that Warly, Wortox and Wormwood got themselves a second one. I sometimes like fantasicing about how they can make whole sets with some of those themes. I'd especially love a sports theme (Woodie), mytology theme (Wortox), Desert theme (Oasis Bound), marine based ( Warly) and Industrial theme (Winona). Time will tell if two characters will ever share a skin in the same collection amongst these unique sets but if they reveal a human Webber in his rework, I'd love an Uncorrupted Webber set as the human boy wearing a spider hoodie.

If I were to choose one set to be given to absolutely every character it would be the survivor, as I'm a huge sucker for "days gone by" appearances, and plus, the survivor skins make the most ""sense"" of all the skin sets, and it's cool to see what they'd look like had they been in the constant for weeks, months, years!

I'd also really love some more survivor item skins, like a bandaged scruffed up versions of the spear, axe, pick, etc, some new makeshift wilderness-esque building skins, like a chest that's literally made of a few rugged "boards" staked into the ground instead of the fanciful gold trimmed chests. :excitement:

I would love to just hop on pubs and make random outposts/checkpoints around the world, like a scattered civilization. 

1 hour ago, Lumberlocke said:

If I were to choose one set to be given to absolutely every character it would be the survivor, as I'm a huge sucker for "days gone by" appearances, and plus, the survivor skins make the most ""sense"" of all the skin sets, and it's cool to see what they'd look like had they been in the constant for weeks, months, years!

I'd also really love some more survivor item skins, like a bandaged scruffed up versions of the spear, axe, pick, etc, some new makeshift wilderness-esque building skins, like a chest that's literally made of a few rugged "boards" staked into the ground instead of the fanciful gold trimmed chests. :excitement:

I would love to just hop on pubs and make random outposts/checkpoints around the world, like a scattered civilization. 

They do have the hunters collection for axes, pickaxes, etc. Which I like to use. They kind of have that "I made this with my own hands appearance." Klei just released the shovel for it.

4 hours ago, hoppin mandrake said:

You accidentally checked Wormwood in Survivor column.

You'd think Snowfallen would be more popular? Maybe we just need blizzards and mandatory long winters in DST.

952104373_TableofSkins.thumb.png.0d22bae6035adcb1bf34363565fb08d8.png

OWormwood Triumphant Portraith thanks, my bad, corrected it. I guess my subconscience will keep treating this as a Survivor/Abyssal skin than a triuphant. Wormwood really doesn't look happy, angry or menacing as much as he looks deprived, possesed or diseased

Perhaps that is actually intentional. Wormwood seems to have been created from the moonrock shenanigans, and the glass sword you can make from the lunar fragments is specifically made for killing shadow creatures and inverts insanity.

Maybe being corrupted by the shadows has inverse effects on him because he's naturally a being that was made with anti-shadow materials?

Archived