Weekly Creative Builds Challenge

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

i take umbrage with you calling wilson a lady. you have to have some class for that XD

aha he’s just playing the role, acting the part. everything will be okay! please do not “take umbrage” x 
:wilson_blush:

Here I go again with my early but one-screen submission, this time it only sorta follows the theme, hooray?

geafve.thumb.png.f0f77457583e69cd1853d09fbb4e3d8d.png

A mad scientist has grown obsessed with trying to tap into the powers of lunar magic, none of his experiments produced anything interesting and he started to (somehow) go even more mad trying to find how he could produce a result that slightly interested him. Intill one day he discovers the secret to unlocking the potent power of the moon, only to unknowingly release something unheard of upon the world.

More ocean cont- a powerful lunar monstrosity

I tried to do the classic Frankenstein thing at first, but I couldn't really think of anything outside of lightning rods. So I decided to go with an in-game type of pseudo-science that would drive someone mad to figure out! (Also I don't have that one Winona skin.)

mad scientist lab WIP! I’m thinking of adding Winona with her Frankenstein skin. I’m struggling to figure out what else I should add. The flooring seems a bit empty and dull. I’m waiting for the totally normal  tree skin and for my friend to come into my world and reskin my birdcage for me  

912D6D06-9B10-4103-ABF7-30F2E3DADFAD.thumb.jpeg.bb3088f2007a2329a19daf9c5b7b1bf0.jpeg

15 minutes ago, reichull said:

mad scientist lab WIP! I’m thinking of adding Winona with her Frankenstein skin. I’m struggling to figure out what else I should add. The flooring seems a bit empty and dull. I’m waiting for the totally normal  tree skin and for my friend to come into my world and reskin my birdcage for me  

912D6D06-9B10-4103-ABF7-30F2E3DADFAD.thumb.jpeg.bb3088f2007a2329a19daf9c5b7b1bf0.jpeg

it's looking good, although a few things i'd change are changing the birdcage to the pirate skin, (if you have it) maybe some broken clockworks (if this is creative mode) winona's G.E.M.erator (just the gemerator, no catapults or spotlights) and maybe an odd skeleton.

13 minutes ago, reichull said:

I have a few ideas of what you could do if you would be interested.

• Winona's Gemerators would look pretty cool as a "Power Supply" for the frankenstein assembly, especially if you combine it with a Thermal Measurer
  • Some carrats or rabbits put in a small pen would make a great "Test Subjects" decoration.
  • Frazzled Wires may look nice on the ground as well.
  • Do you think a Cartographer's Desk with some parchment and Boss Sketch's next to them would look nice? I thought it would look like a "Creation Concept Board" if you placed it near a Lab.

Also here's a couple visual effects ideas if you like:

• You could place some night lights instead of some glowcaps to emphasize the evil.
  • I think it would look pretty cool if Wilson were holding a Morning Star, because it would look very science-y (dunno how else to put it lol)
  • You could have a Winona frankenstein friend stand in place of the table and sleep them with some darts so they lay down.
  • Instead of a frankenstein Winona, you could have a WX-78 with the "Unfinished" skin if you like.
  • You could use telelocate a few mobs to get the lightning rods to light up, or use the End is Nigh if you think that would look good.

Hopefully you find some use out of these suggestions, I just don't know how you come up with all these designs though; they're always super neat!

so i was trying to use the bleeding edge of SCIENCE to create a (pig)man and i was met with failure at all ends until an interesting fellow told me how i could harness the power of alternative SCIENCE to make my man, yet!

0B1C08AF5437E3EE9967F2B35288787FA62FB1F2

major credit to @Warlockadamm for pretty much everything that isn't the pig gibblets in the middle x'''D

also we have wips!

Spoiler

180300793688EC8D7EAA49F233067865E8176CAB

BE0AC67CD905EC080F37A27470522E36ADAB2D15

EFD957C9C380A4A0FB45159E37D792DC842C39EF

983B318D85DABC97FE912206F0653A21F8478300

6 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I had an idea earlier for a weekly build concept if that's alright. What about beautiful designs that are not symmetrical? I haven't really seen that before, and I think that would be both an interesting challenge and quite fun too! :)

I’m very much up for that challenge, we will do that for next week!

If you or anyone has any other suggestions for challenges or themes for up coming weeks please let me know, it would be very helpful. x

Archived