Does someone have try to play around Boat Anchor ?

The only way i see this card useful is with Bolster Shot / Ventage / Squeeze to gain a boost of damages / concentrations / overcharges , or with cards wich can turn into a 0 card cost (Reserve Round , Vent , Pistol Whip , etc ...) .

The conditions to play it is really hard with rook . I know this card is supposed to be play like this - i don't ask to change him - , even the description say "Bro , why i'm in your deck ?" .

I really want to play Boat Anchor - yeah , i like to play with bad cards , they deserved to be loved - but i can't find a good deck to play around ! I will retry to play a high cost deck at new , but what a pain ! One day i will find his deck and make it work .

And you , have you tried to play with Boat Anchor or you never try ? Have some other ideas to play it ?

Boat Anchor has a few problems: base cost of 1 is too high (requires you to play 4 cards out of 5 which, for Rook, is difficult due to the lack of boss energy grafts); the 5 cost upgrade doesn't have Replenish (meaning it's a brick when drawn), nor does it offer any other passive benefits beyond the cost (e.g. get 5 Defense when drawn or Sticky); there are only 3 synergy cards, which is definitely not enough.

Given that we have Lever and Tight Spot now, there's hardly a reason to ever run Boat Anchor. Though, it might still be useful in the Brawl thanks to the graft that randomizes the cost of cards between 0 and 2.

I've tried a few times to make this card work and I couldn't. Even at 0 + (numbers of cards) I didn't think it was that great.

I'd really like to see it with a much higher defence (maybe 20, keeping a base cost of 1) with maybe 1 upgrade that drops it to 10 but applies it to all allies and another that drops it's base to 0?

Boat Anchor base effect is not to be considered, default defence cards can offer you that much for cheaper, but it would be funny to have a Grift challenge if you use this card itself ! :wilson_laugh:

But I'm sure we can all agree successfully drawing Boat Anchor with Squeeze and the other feels very very satisfying, so that's why I use it as well.

Boat anchor is in essence a focused assault but defense.

They both need to be the last card in your hand (boat anchor more or less needs to be the last one), and they both have strong effects for reaching it as the last card.

differences are as follow;

• Boat anchor has no technical need for last card, just encouragement. Technically with gun smokes you can play it early into the turn at the cost of more or less ending your turn.
  • Focused assault gives a massive benefit from being the last card, with more damage and multi attacks.
  • Sal has discard in her deck, which means she doesn't have to brute force her way to assault as her last card, instead using cards like duster and footwork to get to a strengthened focused assault.
  • Boat anchor has mediocre effects even when used as it's supposed to. Especially since rook got many more cards related to defense, it leaves boat anchor as worse compared to cards like stable tight spot.

Ironically, the best plays with boat anchor involve not playing it and instead combining it's massive cost with bolster shot for big damage.

Archived