Let there be LIGHT!

Day 186. After finally getting Mr. Scruffles out of the bushes--he got stuck and it took me all afternoon to carefully chop a few trees without harming him, then to push him out of there--I couldn't wait to see the result of my little firefly-catching spree (21 or 22 in total!)!!!!! Because these days I have nothing better to look forward to.

I'm so out of danger here, with my pig being caged in trees down south of the island, that I even decided to plant a spider nest in the marsh next door. ...Now I regret it. Even the sight of those things bring back bad memories.

ANYWAYYYYYY!!! BEHOLD DA POWAAA OF LIGHT!!! It's like christmas :DDDDDDDD

post-366-13764589365389_thumb.jpg

Just posting this cus i think we should share our innovations somewhere in the general discussion forum ^^

Aww thanks guys!! :D

Wow, that is a truly awesome camp. And it seems using fireflies would be a great way to expand the boundaries of your camp for the nighttime. Definitely going to have to try that. (Also Mr. Scruffles is adorable. And tasty. But mostly adorable.)

yes! u should, it's really nice, it's like actually having electricity!!!! which makes nighttime less spooky :) hahaha. Just find a forest close to home and bring lots of wood, torches, nets, coal/hay and have fun.

And yesh i wuv my mr scruffles <3 <3 <3

yes! u should, it's really nice, it's like actually having electricity!!!! which makes nighttime less spooky :) hahaha. Just find a forest close to home and bring lots of wood, torches, nets, coal/hay and have fun.

And yesh i wuv my mr scruffles <3 <3 <3

I've actually started to build up a camp on a little oasis full of grass and bunnies, right near a Beefalo herd. I've got nearly everything I need there, except rocks, and I'm planning on shamelessly copying your camp once I've settled in a bit. :D I'll have to import my fireflies from the forest tho.

I love that base camp picture! It motivates me to customize and get creative with my maps. I'm still so new to the game that I doubt my current 38 day character will continue on much longer. Only died twice so far and still trying to figure out research and combos, etc.

Thanks for sharing!