[Experimental] - 426041

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

We made some changes to the Perk unlock track today - rearranging things, and putting some constraints on the mix of perks you can equip at higher levels. There are some other future changes lurking in the files, but nothing the public will see for a while. 

Have a good weekend!

CARDS

• Fixed bug where Callus wasn't removed at the end of your turn

GAMEPLAY

• Added the Swear Jar perk 
  • Animating the Perks/Slots/Tiers unlocking
  • Adjust some perk unlock thresholds
  • Higher-tier perks have install limits
  • Reorganized the perks into more appropriate tiers

UI

• Showing perk tiers on the Perks Sidebar on the Loadout

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

I guess the change to perk tier unlock requirements is to slow down how fast we reach the very strong ones. It’s going to take a while now. So we’re “forced” to use the weak perks for a little bit of time.

The new perk limits per level are mostly inconsequential, for all but level 5 friday. With only 3 perk slots, a limit of 2 perks of any level is fairly ignorable.

I would prefer if the system was built in such a way that there was still a reason to use the level 1-2 perks even after unlocking them all, but oh well. 

Last thing, the perk that makes random people like you is uh... pointless? Are you even guaranteed to meet those random people? It made sense when it made people love you, since you still benefited from it even if you never met them, but now... meh. It should be reworked, I think. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, pacovf said:

Last thing, the perk that makes random people like you is uh... pointless? Are you even guaranteed to meet those random people? It made sense when it made people love you, since you still benefited from it even if you never met them, but now... meh. It should be reworked, I think. 

The people who likes you will already be spawned in the world at this point(obviously...?). And these people will probably spawn at public places. The game will try to send existing people to patronize locations, so you're likely to meet the people that likes you if you visit public places. You just won't see them in side quests because the people involved in side quests are forced to be neutral to you by default for some reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacovf said:

Last thing, the perk that makes random people like you is uh... pointless? A

I made a mistake of trying that perk. It removed my chance to get the blacklist card in Rook's run. Kind of dangerous depending if you want some open items in the Rook run.

What?

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I made a mistake of trying that perk. It removed my chance to get the blacklist card in Rook's run. Kind of dangerous depending if you want some open items in the Rook run.

How?

Edited by RageLeague

2 hours ago, RageLeague said:

You just won't see them in side quests because the people involved in side quests are forced to be neutral to you by default for some reason.

Are you sure that's the case? I could've swore I've gotten people that loved/liked/disliked/hated me in Sal's side quests, same with the mandatory story quests.

8 minutes ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Are you sure that's the case? I could've swore I've gotten people that loved/liked/disliked/hated me in Sal's side quests, same with the mandatory story quests.

I said by default, side quests. Story quests don't have this restrictions.

By default, side quests only cast people who are neutral to you, unless that specific cast has no_validation set to true(which isn't the case by default).

Also, when I say side quest, I mean those that are spawned once per day(or 2 on the first day), that when you complete, the giver of the quest likes you. Not random road events or opportunities.

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

it just made those two immediately let me through without them checking my papers.

That's a bug—I've gotten it too many times to count on my Rook runs and even quite a few times with Sal, preventing me from getting a gift from Fssh. Restarting the game fixes it ^^

• Like 1