Some Questions On Wortox.

So, as a Wortox main, I know a lot of things about Wortox, most of the lore comes from his animated short and his quotes, but there are still a couple of questions unanswered, and maybe of you guys have something to say about them. 

1. Where Is He From?

So if you don't know already, Wortox is NOT from the Constant, he comes from somewhere else, as his quote for the Ancient Gateway tells us that he came through the Gateway into the Constant. So is he from the Forge, the Gorge? Or somewhere else? We can assume that he came into the Constant as a young imp, as his animated short shows that he was in the Constant before he became corrupt. What do you think?

2. Is He Mortal?

He often refers to food that normal humans eat as ""Mortal food", so does that make him immortal? He can die, in game obviously, but game mechanics aside, is he Mortal of immortal? What do you think?

3. His Skins.

Why is his green in one? Why ishould he brown in the other? Why does he have scales in another? Do all cursed imps looks like the default red, or, as an older post has said before, does his appearance come as he absorbs his first soul? So, as the old post said, if his first soul was from the Ancient Guardian, would he look like the Minotaur skin set?

Also one more thing, why is the Minotaur skin set not his Triumphant skin set? I mean, it would totally work...

These are my guesses

1) Not sure, but he claims he is not from the constant and I don't think he came from any realm we've seen yet.

2) As an Imp he may not be affected by time or disease like humans do. But then again, on the constant nobody seems to age, and dying and reviving constantly applies to everyone, so maybe his original time related/inmortality powers are watered down in the constant.

3) I think each skin represents a powerful soul he absorved, making him look like said creature for a while. The only exception is the uncorrupted one which is, how he really looked before absorving any soul (that is seen on the trailer as well). The red one comes from absorving a Krampus, the Minotaur probably from absorbing the ancient guardian's soul, and Im not sure what he defeated to get the other 2.

1) No real idea, but I'm confident that it's not anywhere that's been shown in-game, and I suspect that it's at least meant to evoke the pop-cultural idea of the Christian Hell because he makes reference to it being too hot for ice to form where he comes from and his turf quote ("Floor or ceiling, depending on your perspective") also seems to tie in with that.

2) My headcanon for Wortox's mortality is that in the Constant he is in fact as mortal or as immortal, depending on how you look at it, as the human survivors; any of them can be killed, but dying just turns them into a ghost and they can be revived a potentially infinite number of times, and they don't seem to be vulnerable to aging or sickness either. But on his home plane, he still can't be permanently killed or die of old age or sickness, whereas the humans can if the Constant's magic isn't interfering. However, within the Constant the difference between imps and "mortals" - fully physical beings like humans, merms, spider monsters, etc - is mostly just one of diet; they can get all of their nourishment from mundane, physical food, whereas a being like Wortox has extreme difficulty getting everything their body needs from so-called mortal food without supplementing their diet with souls.

3) Based on the flavor text for Survivor Wortox, I got the impression that he changed his fur color on purpose - with magic, probably - because he thought it would make him look more scruffy and grimy. The same idea probably extends to Minotaur and Draconic Wortox, and I think the reason his fur changed from brown to red when he absorbed Krampus's soul is because it was a side effect of his soul-stealing powers growing in; souls are that shade of red even when they don't come from a Krampus, after all.

Also Draconic Wortox is a Halloween skin, so I figure the same logic applies as "how did Woodie get his hair to look like a treeguard face" - might be cosmetic magic, might be artistic license, but it's a special case.

27 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

3.His Skins.

Why is his green in one? Why ishould he brown in the other? Why does he have scales in another? Do all cursed imps looks like the default red, or, as an older post has said before, does his appearance come as he absorbs his first soul? So, as the old post said, if his first soul was from the Ancient Guardian, would he look like the Minotaur skin set?

Are skins supposed to be canon or are they just alternate universes?

Hm.. I haven't thought about the skin part a lot, I suppose it doesn't intend on making any sense for the most part? (Take for example Wurt's skins, she's a merm yet she takes the form of a goldfish, a shark, an axolotl)

On 7/16/2020 at 3:37 PM, thegreatJash said:

Also one more thing, why is the Minotaur skin set not his Triumphant skin set?

in my personal opinion a theoretical triumphant skin, (since nightmare fuel is some form of soul right? not sure) would probably be them disfigured by consuming them

plus triumphant skins are normally evil even Webber, the Minotaur seems too at least neutral to be one

Archived