Well Damn

download.thumb.png.93ec2a0b086c850e7fd753c7508a6090.png

Smith isn't going to be healing this one off

Got into a battle of attrition on this boss where I was trying to survive long enough to not die of having way too ******* much wound on me, and it was going decently well until this turn.

i'm trying to think of a way to fix this, in case you did not get the lesson of how you've been boned and what to avoid, but how in gods name did you get that much wound? i didn't think flead queen could apply all that wound, or at least too slow to reach 11 god damn wound.

best i can say is don't get chain cards unless you really like them. they generally aren't worth the action points.

I had 19 because I kept getting hit by the smaller ones and didn't have the damage to deal with both them and the queen. Overall, was a decent deck but this boss in particular is too difficult for me to take out because I couldn't output enough damage and was only able to really tank and heal

edit: also Meditation is pretty nice because the end of the chain allows you to activate your moxie on your turn without draining it, effectively doubling it

I’m not sure if you’re looking for advice, but here are my two cents:

Flead Queen is very dangerous by yourself. Best thing you can do to kill her is having help. An ally will take some of the wounds that were going your way. and increase your damage output (and killing larvae faster means even less wounds coming your way!)

That being said, larvae should always be prioritized, the queen is quite harmless by herself. AoE helps a lot. And don’t bother attacking the queen if you don’t have a stinger in hand and can’t spend almost all of your actions attacking her (or allies are targetting her), unless you have literally nothing else to do. Her chitinous armor gives her insane durability otherwise. Don’t be scared to use a stinger to help you kill a larva, if the alternative is getting two extra wounds on yourself.

One thing Smith does have on his side is access to debuff removal. That’s insanely powerful no matter what, so always get one if offered in a card draft.

20200715121318_1.thumb.jpg.9c605149be9d681ad5203fc413689378.jpg

Same thing happened to me today...yep.

everything was almost like yours except i had a jakes lifter on my team that died the previous turn and i tried some power.

problem is, flead queen kept on spawning larvae, and only now did i realize tiny fangs from larvae apply 2 wound instead of 1.

she isn't even attacking this turn. those 15 damages are from just the larvae.

yeah Flead Queen and sometimes Bossbit are huge Smith killers because of his general lack of damage, especially if you take a Moxie route while they hide behind continually respawning enemies rack up debuffs on you.

Ok so first time I ran into the Flead queen with Smith all by myself. Despite being ostensibly prestige 0 and having a pretty solid deck for that point, you just can't dish out damage fast enough to not lose the wound race. Moxie can let you survive way past the point where any other character would have died, but eventually you'll have so much wound the queen will one-shot you from full health. I didn't have an action graft, I *might* have been able to beat the queen if I did. I think the reason why the fight is so difficult is that:

- if you're by yourself, you're losing the wound race. You have a limited number of turns before you have to win. Else you die.
- Due to the queen's chitin armor, you need to spend a stinger to deal damage to her on any given turn.
- If you save all stingers to hurt the queen, then every "larva spawn" action effectively adds ~50+ hp to the fight in a single action (at prestige 0!)

It's not a DPS race you can win, unless you have allies or obscene action efficiency by that point in the run. If  you have a reliable way to gain power or adrenaline (Chest pound? Masochist?) to the point where you one-shot larvae, or enough AoE to kill 3 larvae the turn they spawn, then you might be able to solo the queen.

Honestly I think this is more of an issue with the "bar fight" experimental mode than with the boss itself, since the game gives you allies in the other modes. I'm also of the opinion that the Queen and Bossbit should be pushed into D3 for brawls, but ah well. Flekfis and Arint could be pushed into D4 if you remove the "weakness" cards the game automatically gives you in Brawl. They've sort of done that already for the Bog Monster, which is quite a bit harder without applying weaknesses and without the faction toolkit.

4 hours ago, pacovf said:

Honestly I think this is more of an issue with the "bar fight" experimental mode than with the boss itself, since the game gives you allies in the other modes.

I'm having trouble last night having not enough money to pay for allies when fighting bosses.

5 hours ago, pacovf said:

Flekfis and Arint could be pushed into D4 if you remove the "weakness" cards the game automatically gives you in Brawl.

You don't get their weakness cards in Brawl. Flekfis just adds garbage with his first attack, Arint doesn't give anything.

37 minutes ago, ZeppMan217 said:

You don't get their weakness cards in Brawl. Flekfis just adds garbage with his first attack, Arint doesn't give anything.

Oh really? I must be confusing it with the dailies then.

Archived