Crockpot Recipe List Resource

After weeks of personal work, I have finally finished my own version of a "Crockpot Recipe Resource"! Usable in both the notepad app on Windows or as a Word Document. I wanted to share these on here because I thought others might find it useful on a whim, and to see what you guys think of it.

NOTE:  I removed the Word format version because it was both inaccurate and did not seem nearly as popular by both the community and myself to be worth altering. If someone really wants it, I can add it back up again. On top of that I have changed a few things from the original:

1. I changed most references of "Twigs" to "Inedibles" unless otherwise specified in a recipe
  2. Fixed the values for many of the Crock Pot Dishes and added things to the list that I were missing (wow I missed a lot)
  3. Changed the category labels from "Meat-Based" and "Vegetable-Based" to "Meat/Fish-Based" and "Vegetable/Fruit-Based"
  4. Added another "NOTE" detailing the advised usage amount of monster meat.
  5. Changed any recipes that don't explicitly call for honey to be called "sweetener" instead
  6. Added to the side-notes of both the Lobster Bisque and Ceviche that Ice Bream can substitute Ice in the recipe
  7. Spaced the cook time / spoil time / priority list to make it look prettier
  8. Added a "Favorite Foods" section at the bottom that lists the food that each character gains benefits from (edit of 9/18/2020)

Crock Pot recipe reference sheet.txt

There should be an in-game food recipe guide- Any food you DONT know how to make will show as ???

But after you’ve successfully made the same meal 3/4 times you learn that crockpot dish.

And I absolutely Refuse to read a Wikipage to spoil all the games possible food dishes, I’m also not using some PC mod that will tell me exactly what consuming each dish does to my characters stats.

People whine and cry about how much Meatballs need to be nerfed.... but it’s a relatively simple to make food dish- And it provides a good amount of hunger value back & Until there’s an actual in game cooking index that is Blank until I fill it in with detailed statistics of what each dish does...  Meatballs will always be my go to food dish- Otherwise how the heck am I going to know what stat effects eating a particular food dish provides?

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

I'm guessing it's a sort of cheat sheet for foods when you don't have access to mods. I'll admire the effort you put into it anyway, good job.

yes, reading the DST wiki is cheating. absolutely.

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Wtf are you even talking about lmao. Where did i mention Wiki or that reading it is cheating, the first file op provided is a "handed" down version of all the foods to ease up the searching for every recipe, search it up if you want or don't it's your freedom of choice.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Wtf are you even talking about lmao. Where did i mention Wiki or that reading it is cheating, the first file op provided is a "handed" down version of all the foods to ease up the searching for every recipe, search it up if you want or don't it's your freedom of choice.

People stop, this is a misunderstanding xD
image.png.d7bd608422b91f983eb1fcf2cf0b0f01.png

A funny one at that

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There should be an in-game food recipe guide- Any food you DONT know how to make will show as ???

But after you’ve successfully made the same meal 3/4 times you learn that crockpot dish.

And I absolutely Refuse to read a Wikipage to spoil all the games possible food dishes, I’m also not using some PC mod that will tell me exactly what consuming each dish does to my characters stats.

People whine and cry about how much Meatballs need to be nerfed.... but it’s a relatively simple to make food dish- And it provides a good amount of hunger value back & Until there’s an actual in game cooking index that is Blank until I fill it in with detailed statistics of what each dish does...  Meatballs will always be my go to food dish- Otherwise how the heck am I going to know what stat effects eating a particular food dish provides?

the science part of the description of the game is to trial and error too. That works for everything: base building, fighting, eating, crafting, weather, etc

for that everytime you die you have a different world, to make the trial and error less repetitive

On 7/5/2020 at 12:15 AM, Owlrus98 said:

After weeks of personal work, I have finally finished my own version of a "Crockpot Recipe Resource"! Usable in both the notepad app on Windows or as a Word Document. I wanted to share these on here because I thought others might find it useful on a whim, and to see what you guys think of it.

Notepad version:

Crock Pot recipe reference sheet.txt 11.28 kB · 25 downloads

Word version (a little prettier in terms of setup, but I personally prefer the former):

Crock Pot recipe sheet - WordPad.rtf 13.95 kB · 9 downloads

you should correct some of the recipes by replacing 'no twigs' with 'no inedibles', since someone can add nf or bone shards and be surprised that they get something else even tho your recipe said its ok

also might wanna fix other recipes that calls for meat or fish, like for example meatbalss - since you included the recipes from beta, you should also take in account the values: with beta ingridients, meatballs now can be done with 0.25 meat, instead of 0.5

10 hours ago, Parusoid said:

you should correct some of the recipes by replacing 'no twigs' with 'no inedibles', since someone can add nf or bone shards and be surprised that they get something else even tho your recipe said its ok

also might wanna fix other recipes that calls for meat or fish, like for example meatbalss - since you included the recipes from beta, you should also take in account the values: with beta ingridients, meatballs now can be done with 0.25 meat, instead of 0.5

Thank you for the feedback! I took the liberty to change a few things with your suggestions:

1. I changed most references of "Twigs" to "Inedibles" unless otherwise specified in a recipe
  2. Fixed the values for many of the Crock Pot Dishes and added things to the list that I were missing (wow I missed a lot)
  3. Changed the category labels from "Meat-Based" and "Vegetable-Based" to "Meat/Fish-Based" and "Vegetable/Fruit-Based" respectively
  4. Added another "NOTE" detailing the advised usage amount of monster meat.

I'm going to re-list these up top. If you have any other things that you think I should address feel free to let me know.

On 7/4/2020 at 6:34 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I love your capitalization on meatballs, until, and blank.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:59 PM, Owlrus98 said:

If you have any other things that you think I should address feel free to let me know.

It seems that you might apply treatment to 'honey' as you did to 'twigs'. Some recipe do require specificaly honey (like powdercake) but some require just sweetener, which is either honey, honeycomb or royal jelly. So like taffy, you get taffy by using royal jely and three inedibles, while in game no one would use royal jelly for other things than jellybeans, the recipe is still valid. There are four recipes that require just sweetener (and not honey specificaly): ice cream, pumpkin cookie, taffy and Volt Goat Chaud-Froid, plus jelly salad from beta

Similary ice; no recipe calls specificaly for ice, it was just the only one item in the frozen tags category. Recent addition of Ice Bream changed that, and also more of the frozen items can be added in the future. For example Ceviche can be made without using ice, you only need to put, lets say ice bream, 2x small fish meat and berry. You cant replace ice with ice bream in other recipes that calls for frozen, since all of them exclude meat. So for the sake of correctnes, even tho it applies only to one recipe, i would change the 'ice' in your guide to 'frozen'. 

14 hours ago, Parusoid said:

It seems that you might apply treatment to 'honey' as you did to 'twigs'.

Done and done, changed any of the recipes that don't explicitly call for honey to be changed to "sweetener"

14 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Similary ice; no recipe calls specificaly for ice, it was just the only one item in the frozen tags category.

Since most people just use ice (and there seems to be only 1 other item in the frozen category) I chose to leave it as it was but also make a mention that "Ice Bream can substitute the ice" in the side notes for the dish. I didn't want to confuse anyone that might not necessarily know what frozen means; but I will certainly update it once more items make way into the "frozen" category. I also found out that Ice Bream is usable in "Lobster Bisque" as well when I was testing them out in gameplay.

As always if you have any other suggestions or things you think I should add, just let me know and thank you for your time.

Archived