Put in Warly's single player perk.

Now that every character has a favorite food... (except for Warly), I feel like it would be a good idea to cross over his single player perk - the perk that gives Warly benefits for eating crock pot foods. In single player he gets a bonus 33% sanity, hunger, and health for eating crock pot foods. I think that because Warly really loves all crock pot foods, he should have this perk, but not as strong. Say, a 10% boost to hunger or the other stats. It doesn't seem fair that everyone has a favorite food boost except Warly.

I actually think it perfect that Warly DOESN'T have a favorite food since it fits his character better. Favorite foods are essentially a little character flavor that can sometimes be good, but all of the dishes revolve the character in one way or another. Willow's Spicy Chili for her inferus personality, Lobster Dinner for the pampered Maxwell, and the Simple Bacon N Eggs for the simple Wilson all show there personalities through their food, as I'm sure you are aware. The reason I brought that up is that the foods represent their represent their personality, and the lack of a favorite dish helps support the idea of Warly's Culinary tastes. This is the man who will call the food he ate S**t after having it again one time, He is uber picky on having a wide verity of foods to eat, not preferring one over another, why would this man have a favorite dish? I like my idea of having all the special dishes having the solo player boost to encourage the Warly players to eat those dishes, but Warly is literally way to picky and variety focus to really like a dish over another. His specialty dishes should get the buff because they are his specialty dishes, ones made with ingredients that are highly specific and rare ingredients, ones that are not eaten very often, and thus he would savor them more, but would still want that verity of other dishes. I understand not wanting him to be the odd man out, but it just simply fits his verity focused character more to not have one specific dish that he prefers over all others.

The point of Warly getting increased benefits from crock pot dishes and reduced benefits from other foods was to encourage players to eat the former. DST already achieves that by straight up prohibiting Warly from eating non-crock pot food.

Wouldn't it be a bit contradictory to give him bonus stats from food when he has an increased hunger penalty?  Don't those directly oppose each other?

Also - so far I've found it good to just rotate between a meaty stew, turkey dinner, and bacon and eggs with occational meatballs to top up as I go.  Hunger is an important part of his playstyle, but I haven't found it prohibitive yet.  Just don't try to pack up your portable crock pot while holding a torch lol

I think it fits his character to not have a favorite food HOWEVER I do support the idea that crockpot dishes made by Warly should have increased stats (not just when consumed by Warly but consumed by anyone). It doesn't make sense in my opinion for an accomplished chef and a lumberjack to be able make the same thing, with speed being the only difference.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I think it fits his character to not have a favorite food HOWEVER I do support the idea that crockpot dishes made by Warly should have increased stats (not just when consumed by Warly but consumed by anyone). It doesn't make sense in my opinion for an accomplished chef and a lumberjack to be able make the same thing, with speed being the only difference.

What you got against Woodie

Honestly I would prefer that his favorite food be his "Warly-Specific" dishes that can only be made in a portable crockpot, but only giving a small sanity boost instead of a hunger boost (say...+5 sanity at most). Wouldn't give him an unnecessary advantage that could be abused but would also give him a little added flavor to his character in reference to his cooking capabilities in my own opinon of course.

7 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

Honestly I would prefer that his favorite food be his "Warly-Specific" dishes that can only be made in a portable crockpot, but only giving a small sanity boost instead of a hunger boost (say...+5 sanity at most). Wouldn't give him an unnecessary advantage that could be abused but would also give him a little added flavor to his character in reference to his cooking capabilities in my own opinon of course.

that would have more sense that giving hunger for all characters. If you like a lot a dish you will want more instead of being saciated but you will feel happy and will help new players more than giving hunger, i think shadows kills more than hunger

Archived