Wendy and Abigail vs Ancient Fuel Weaver, Day 24 boss fight only ( extra video : a new way to cheese afw early)

The solo method comes form my friend Zausberkunst. I tried the boss rush to compare between Wendy and Wolfgang and here is the result.

Wolfgang has huge advantages with speedboost for mapping and double damage for killing mobs, but Wendy doesnt need to find food all the time or fight shadow constantly, also she has a body guard to protect her form dangers or help attack them, so the time to prepare and navigate the map would be the same toward 2 characters.

For fighting the shadow chess piece, Wolfgang is cleary better, he can dodge shadow rook level 3 attack with just road speed, magiluminescence and mighty form. Wendy requires a walking cane and road speed to able to solo it effectively. It is pure luck to get the walking cane in day 21 or before, but you can stall the shadow chess fight by just mining the knight and lure him around, waiting till you find the cane then mine and fight the rest ( Korean Waffle method).

The main Ancient Fuel Weaver fight with Wendy is simple. You tank for Abigail, apply special cure all for her, she attacks Ancient Fuel Weaver and kills the woven shadows for you, tele out to kill the unseen hands as fast as possible then come back to attack/tanking,  Repeat the fight till he is dead. The preparation :  healing food and sanity food ,5 - 7 special cure alls ,3 - 5 crowns ,one thulecite club and one magiluminescence/nightmare amulet ( If you wish to fight without sanity food as the video you have to do the shadow bug to prevent shadow nightmare and terrorbreak to spawn). Take note that, Abigail needs to be rile up before the fight or else she will deaggro and Wendy should not stand at the same side as abi: both will take the damage, so Abi might die early.( Abi die = you lose, just tele out :wilson_facepalm: )

In my opinion, with this fight particulary , Wendy and Abigail are better ( I did the rush with Wolfgang before ), it doesnt require too much skills and Wendy is an easy character to play and master.

And here is an extra cheesy method to kill Ancient Fuel Weaver early, with a secret op weapon ( found out when trolling with friend and Afw )

Someone saves the catcoon form wigfrid main pls :wilson_cry:

I will whip you Wolfgang edition :

Wow, this is fantastic!

I have already seen Wendy's full potential against Bee Queen, Dragonfly and Antlion with my own eyes, and I know she's very good against Malbatross and Crab King too. But now I see she does really well against Fuelweaver too??

As a Wendy main who plays solo, I could not be more happy to learn that. The rework really did wonders for her.

Oh, and please tell me the rest of the run was also recorded! I would love to watch it.

Wendy should not stand at the same side as abi: both will take the damage, so Abi might die early.

thanks a lot, i was so confused in my tests because FW doesnt do aoe damage but abi always get banged in few seconds. You timing it so well to public this since i was thinking in try again with abi (with the results of my tests i just decided to kill fw only with wendy) but since i need to reset the ruins i will apply some strategies from here

3 hours ago, firehills said:

As a Wendy main who plays solo, I could not be more happy to learn that. The rework really did wonders for her.

Oh, and please tell me the rest of the run was also recorded! I would love to watch it.

Glad you enjoy this .I originally  made this run for one of my friend, who is playing wendy solo right now and struggle with the boss ( she refuses to change character or cheese). Sadly that my latop cant record anything like full run in 3 hours or it will explode, and to be honest ,I am not very good at boss rushes - I have to use some mods to help my terrible sense of direction, so it is probally someone else would have done it better with a full run.

I just want to prove : in the solo fight, not just Wendy can compete with Wolfgang, also she wasnt fighting AFW that well with normal method : focus on killing all the woven shadows, dodging the attack , make abigail becomes meatshield, using weather pain etc... She uses  other mechanisms which is different, fun and interesting ,atleast to me.

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

thanks a lot, i was so confused in my tests because FW doesnt do aoe damage but abi always get banged in few seconds. You timing it so well to public this since i was thinking in try again with abi (with the results of my tests i just decided to kill fw only with wendy) but since i need to reset the ruins i will apply some strategies from here

Also, me too . When my friend told me, he could solo as wendy, at minimum cost and without most important gears like : beequeen hat, sanity food , weather pain ,at 1st I didnt even believe he can do it (not because he is nub ), as well as Abigail can last to the 1st phase of the fight . But then we tested multiple times and find out what is the best way/minimun resources we could use for the solo :D . Another thing you might want to know , before killing the last unseen hand, you should check Abigail hp/ potion timer, because right after you take down the boss shield she will take some hit damage and it would be game changing if she already low on heal.

20 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

Is this considered cheese, though? The only thing you're exploiting is Abigail's AOE to kill most of the unseen hands as opposed to some hidden unintended glitchy mechanic. 

now using advantages of a character is cheesing to justify actually cheesing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been playing more than a year now but it's still impossible for me to kill him solo as Wendy since she has 75% the normal damage. 100 times thank you for this awesome method :D. Only one question though, do I need to do the tentacle hole jumping trick to avoid spawning shadows during the fight? I feel like only one shadow is enough to ruin the fight

20 minutes ago, Ryne21 said:

I've been playing more than a year now but it's still impossible for me to kill him solo as Wendy since she has 75% the normal damage. 100 times thank you for this awesome method :D. Only one question though, do I need to do the tentacle hole jumping trick to avoid spawning shadows during the fight? I feel like only one shadow is enough to ruin the fight

bring sanity food and the nightmere amulet. The video is about killing him with minimal gear, you dont have to pass that ninghtmere xd

I'm kinda surprised, but also not really surprised that the fight with FW is basically the same as the fight with BQ except that BQ is true single target and FW makes you run around the arena a few times lol

8 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

Is this considered cheese, though? The only thing you're exploiting is Abigail's AOE to kill most of the unseen hands as opposed to some hidden unintended glitchy mechanic. 

Abigail's AOE for killing woven shadows is not that good, actually, she works like a crappy weather pain mostly to me . It is the damage form her that is important, combine with Wendy damage they equal to Wolfgang to a single target . The only thing I think it might be a bug/glitch ( who knows the developers never clear about this, I thought the shadow creatures triggers spitters is freature for year, turn out it is a bug ) is when afw shiled is up Abigail might be able to stunt him, and block him form casting spell ( but also player/character can do this too if attacks him when shield is on). Personally, I think all of this method, is  a mechanic for just Wendy to solo with AFW, because this is really unfair to her, if she fighting without Abigail with traditional gears, she  is basically just a Wes solo with 150 hp, and to most people like my friend , the only way they can win is actually using cheesy methods.

6 hours ago, FuriousChimera said:

It is the damage form her that is important, combine with Wendy damage they equal to Wolfgang to a single target .

That's not even close to being the case. In the caves, Abigail deals a steady 40 damage every 1.5 seconds, which means a DPS of 26.67. Assuming the player does two hits per second (which is approximately the case) and you are using a Dark Sword, Wendy and Abigail would have a total DPS of 2*1.15*68+26.67=183.07 and mighty Wolfgang would have a DPS of 2*2*68=272.

Even with the approximation error, that's still a huge difference (89 DPS) between the two. (Wendy does, however, have higher DPS than Wigfrid, who would dish out 2*1.25*68=170 DPS in the same conditions.)

oops, my bad on this one, i did not think of it . You explained it much better, It is not that wendy and abi have more damage than wolfgang in the fight, wendy doesnt need to waste time to kill wovens hands so her damage in the same period of time seems higher.

also, if anyone had the doubt, abi can resist pretty well toadstool mushboombs (she only get damage for 1 mushroom, the rest of explosions hits her shield) so she can help pretty well. What idk if the damage that abi brings covers the damage lost for kitting earlier (i was busy killing the frog but i notice that i pass every phase so quickly) , she was able to survive until 3rd phase without using any elixir (i forget to bring with me few -.-'). In the 3rd phase is not so difficult make abi to evade the earthquake. The only bad thing is that you want her a little far away of him if you wanna ice staff him because even in calm mode she will agro him because you are actually hiting him with the ice staff, also a little care with the pan flaute.

And i think that, even if the damage is a little less, with her you dont waste to much weapon durability than alone. without mods i cant confirm the total damage but i think is more

so seems like abi is good for almost every boss except few seasonal bosses

Archived