Do you want the Old Bell or "Biiigfoot" to return to DST?

Do you want the Old Bell or "Biiigfoot" to return to DST?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Old Bell or "Biiigfoot" to return to DST?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
    • What is the Old Bell?

Does the Old Bell have any uses in DST besides introducing newcomers how to kill the Glommer on sight and destroy the base with no effort?

With 1,000 damage you'll need more than just a single bell to defeat any boss in DST using only Old Bells (1 + 1/3 for Deerclops, 2 for Antlion, 7 + 2/3 for Bee Queen), it will be useless against any kind of boss, but I already can see many Wilsons who will keep using it instead of Gunpowder against Deerclops.

For tasks like gathering ressources you can use Woodie or Maxwell, or just lead Bearger to your forest and tell him to gather logs.

Honestly, sure, why not?

I can see it being a constant threat to public megabasers, since griefers could reign supreme with the Old Bell. But it could be good for gathering wood, stones, marble, and dug up plants with efficiency. I wouldn't be as helpful with boss mobs, but it could be really good at crowd control and killing huge hordes of mobs. Sure, it would't be as helpful as other items and/or mobs, but I believe it would be a cool addition.

I don't want it in the game because of how griefy it is. Sure, people say not to account griefing when deciding a items fate but this is just way to much to be overlooked. It's power would be one of the highest forms of grieving to ever be produce because of one simple concept: Fire can negated with planning and proper item using, hammers don't do much if you act fast enough, there is nothing you can do to stop a big f@@king foot deceding from the heavens to destroy.

I’m slowly finding out that Gunpowder and Fire is the easiest way to kill almost any boss you want in this game... I mean as a solo player their ridiculous health pools have to be dealt with by untraditional means and since most bosses just chill out in their own little biomes (with exception of Deerclops & Bearger) It makes it super super easy to even decorate a pretty design of gunpowder’s around the bosses then light them all up from a safe distance and watch the fireworks. Some people will disapprove of this method but.. It’s fun!

1 minute ago, thegreatJash said:

Honestly, sure, why not?

I can see it being a constant threat to public megabasers, since griefers could reign supreme with the Old Bell. But it could be good for gathering wood, stones, marble, and dug up plants with efficiency. I wouldn't be as helpful with boss mobs, but it could be really good at crowd control and killing huge hordes of mobs. Sure, it would't be as helpful as other items and/or mobs, but I believe it would be a cool addition.

Watch this: Two twigs, two grass = torch. You know what time it is.

And even if someone did grief, all it takes is two buttons - rollback and ban.

Okay, jokes aside now, wouldn't it be hard to implement? what if you have an existing world where someone accidentally mined the glommer statue? How could the blueprint drop? Could only one person acquire it? And griefers would destroy everything with it...

Just now, Charlie Dark said:

Okay, jokes aside now, wouldn't it be hard to implement? what if you have an existing world where someone accidentally mined the glommer statue? How could the blueprint drop? Could only one person acquire it? And griefers would destroy everything with it...

Perhaps it would regenerate every full moon? Best way probably.

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

Watch this: Two twigs, two grass = torch. You know what time it is.

And even if someone did grief, all it takes is two buttons - rollback and ban.

Not everyone is willing to rollback, just like that Wortox who got a Tam o' Shanter from MacTusk in the same day. Besides that, while you can use Ice Flingomatics or your Ice Staff against fire, or ressources to rebuild the few smashed structure, there's no way you could stop Bigfoot from stomping your whole base.

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

Not everyone is willing to rollback, just like that Wortox who got a Tam o' Shanter from MacTusk in the same day. Besides that, while you can use Ice Flingomatics or your Ice Staff against fire, or ressources to rebuild the few smashed structure, there's no way you could stop Bigfoot from stomping your whole base.

Who's that Wortox?

Just now, Viktor234 said:

The Bigfoot IS is glorified hammer.

3 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Forget Old Bell, we need Koalefant Taming.

No Bunnyman King.

4 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

What if there was a world gen setting. No Bigfoot. No griefers. Only Bigfoot if you want it.

Archived