Anyone know if bullkelp smolders in summer?

I left a server running last night with godmode enabled and perma summer and while some of the bullkelp I planted were destroyed they weren't all destroyed.  This leads me to believe that bullkelp don't inherently start to smoulder during the summer but will eventually get destroyed if a bird drops a seed next to them which catches fire.

Ultimately that means you'll need a flingo nearby or keep them unloaded when you're not there to harvest them.

9 hours ago, niqinabi said:

:wilson_evil:,

Hello

I want to know before I decide to plant them.

I assume its the questions regarding planted bullkelp (not inventory item)

If you asking about whether they are the target of wildfire, then no, they cannot be targeted by wildfire.

If you asking if they smolder in general, yes they smolder as any other flammable object if they are exposed to fire (they are flammable and can burn)

4 hours ago, Cunning fox said:

Yep, it does. I just looked into bullkelp_plant.lua
image.png.13cd80b841f26bedae9aa1244dda2833.png

MakeSmallPropogator means that it can smolder in summer.

unfortunately it does not mean that they are the target of wildfire, which i assume that was what the author wanted to know

MakeSmallPropogator does not guarantee to smolder. The conditions are multiple and defined in components/wildfires.lua. Bullkelps do not meet the conditions, they cannot smolder.

But as @Toros said, birds can drop a seed that smolder and spread a fire in the farm.

Archived