Aquariums (Fish Scale-O-Matic)

What do you think about the aquarium (Fish Scale-O-Matic) added in the latest updates? I think the current aquariums are quite small, and the fish don't have many interactions other than being fishes vegetating forever in a water tank. These aquariums could be larger, fish could have more interactions with the environment, animations (Fish moving something like that). Something more customizable like adding decorations such as Kelp, corals, gems..... Not something static as it is today.  Maybe should have a better design.  Like the aquarium in that Aquarium mod.

image.png.fefdfca575edef899061b027a2636733.png

Aquarium mod design

Spoiler

D4414DAEBC5F98C3C21E80E7A4F2DA933B701CCF

You don't build an "aquarium" to give your caught fish many interactions other than being fishes vegetating forever in a water tank.
The only purpose of the Fish Scale-O-Matic (besides being hammered later on for Ice and Fish) is to flex about your biggest catch!

It's not about giving your fish a new home to live on, it's about flexing!

23 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

You don't build an "aquarium" to give your caught fish many interactions other than being fishes vegetating forever in a water tank.
The only purpose of the Fish Scale-O-Matic (besides being hammered later on for Ice and Fish) is to flex about your biggest catch!

It's not about giving your fish a new home to live on, it's about flexing!

I understand. I didn't know the purpose of this structure. I thought it was something more decorative. So far I'm not very interested in RoT fishes (Only summer fish i  liked)

Most of my friends and I (such as @Le Rafistoleur ;)) like this fishy weight thingy. I have on my latest game a sort of fish museum and we go fishing when we're looking to skip a season, even if some players aren't interested at all in fishing, catching the 18 (or 20 with events) different fishes can be """challenging""" if you're looking for the biggest one, or catching them in unexpected ways. You can try to have a fish from the Merm King loots or catch one from the Crab King, that's the kind of stuff I like ! :wilson_laugh:

But on how the Scale-o-Matic looks like... I think it's decent for something supposed to be just display the fish weight and the fisherman name. If you want (and I'd like it as well) to have something prettier, we should expect a new building, mostly because Belongings (skins) are only supposed to change the structure build without changing much of the original shape, so it will still look like a Scale-o-Matic at the end, with a scale displayer etc... so yeah a standard aquarium skin is very unlikely unless Klei change the rules on how skins must behave.

1 minute ago, ADM said:

snip snap

They've done some skins that really change the look of a structure/item, I'm pretty sure they'll find something great if they want to put skins on it ! 

1 minute ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

They've done some skins that really change the look of a structure/item

Nope, not that much :( They can be very different in the look but none of the game skins changed the original body, only exceptions are independent entities attached like torch particles and things like that. So if they do a Scale-o-Matic belonging, it will have a bell, scale displayer, do the bobbling animation up and down when you put a fish inside... With all these restrictions, it will be heavily limited, so there's no point at making aquarium skins instead of Scale-o-Matic skins.

Honestly, it would be waaaay better to have an independent aquarium building, so devs could be as creative as they want it to be.

13 minutes ago, ADM said:

snip snap

That's what I said, the look, even if I know that the build is the same, I'm sure that they'll find something great if they do it, having a real aquarium could be nice too

I really like fishing, but I never make a scale or this fish bowl thing.  When I show up at granny's island I just shove fish in her face until she takes one XD

I think the fish bowl looks alright and fits in with the game themes, but I don't feel like building it.  If I ever got around to building a mega-base I would probably use these a lot though.  I think a museum of all fishes in the game sounds good, and I also like the idea of having one in a room just to give it some life.

people seem to like this flexing idea but i mostly (almost all the time play alone) so its actually useless for me to do any of these it would be cool if it had a use like a birdcage

Archived