No idea what should i do after "clearing the ruins"

Ok so i can rush the ruins now , but i dont know what to craft and what to do when i get out at day 13 and its like 6 days before winter

i saw this one method of duplication but uhhh , i dont know if i should do that , i just craft a magiluminesence and see if i can craft something else (i mostly cant lol)

Clearing the ruins properly (all statues, broken clockworks and labyrinth) should yield you a good amount of thulecite and gems to work with. I

Early in the game as you are I wouldn't bother to duplicate ancient items and for crafting focus on a mag, a star caller staff, descontruction staff if you're good with green gem, Thulecite club for speed boost until you get cane and thulecites crowns as you see fit.

Probably known by you but just reinforcing to use the green amulet while crafting all these to halve the costs, may aswell leave some thulecite for a later lazy explorer.

2 hours ago, Peril35 said:

Ok so i can rush the ruins now , but i dont know what to craft and what to do when i get out at day 13 and its like 6 days before winter

i saw this one method of duplication but uhhh , i dont know if i should do that , i just craft a magiluminesence and see if i can craft something else (i mostly cant lol)

you can use your green gems to craft the green amulet in order to craft cheaper so you can craft armors for 3 thulecite instead of 6 and staffs with only 1 gem instead of 2

what i usually craft (if i can) 1 green amulet, 1 star caller staff, 1 armor, magiluminesence and a helmet and i let the rest of the loot in a chest of the summer when i finish to clean the ruins

edit: forget to add the damn club xD

What I like to get out of rushing ruins -> 2x star caller staves.  These things make fighting bosses (especially in winter) a lot easier.  I use them for dfly, klaus, bee queen, and toad.  Deerclops and bearger I typically walk through trees enough that I never really need to fight them but if I was gonna just gonna KO them on spawn I'd probably cast a dwarf star in a good spot.

The thing is invaluable as a light source.

To do this remember to bring living logs - if you see a Totally Normal Tree you can chop these and dig their stump for 3x living logs which is good enough for a ruins rush.

The duping thing is actually pretty good if you are only doing a quick ruins rush - which I do.  I run into the ruins typically with these goals in mind:  1) kill the ancient guardian, 2) find Metheus set piece (full pseudoscience station), 3) get 2 green and 2 yellow gems.  Once I get these things I don't waste much more time underground.  This means I might not have a lot of Thulecite on me yet.  What I normally do is craft the construction amulet and use it to make a deconstruction staff first.  Then I'll use those both to craft and deconstruct 2 thulecite suits.  Then I'll craft the 2x starcaller staff.  That breaks the construction amulet, but leaves enough thulecite to make some crowns and get out.

The Thulecite Crowns are a nice thing to pick up as they can help in hound waves, bee queen, mooslings, or any other time you might get swarmed.  I usually try to make a few of these.  Thulecide Club is a decent speed boost as Dunno said, but since Winter is coming up I usually chance it on a tusk and opt for multiple star caller staves since you'll need more living logs to make the club.  If you have more than 3x livings logs going for one of these is a good pick up though (or if you find one after beating the ancient guardian.)

After that I'd head to the surface though.  You don't really need much more.  For me the main reason to rush ruins is to have starcaller staff for boss fights and thulecite crown for fights where you might get swarmed.

Thanks , so basically , i break a ton of statues on the ruins , go to lab for the chests and the boss , make a construction amulet , make magi, club , star caller staff and maybe a thulecite helm and head out , right? I still dont know what to make when exit , make alchemy engine, find tusk, make thermal stone and a fridge and a crockpot ?

Forgot to tag lol , i dont know if it pings you without it but...

@Dunno180

@Shosuko

@ArubaroBeefalo

53 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

go kill ancient fuelweaver. ham bat, nightmare amulet, cooked cactuses and tons-o-football-helmets will bless you.

Why should i do it tho? its better making a better base lol

When I get out of ruins I normally rush a quick base and set up for dfly asap.  I wanna clear her before winter.  I kinda have my first year+ scheduled though XD

ruins => dfly => clear walrus => find deer / klaus => depending either clear klaus then deerclops, or vice versa => set up bunnyman oven => set up summer oasis for fishing and antlion => clear at least 1x mgoose => head to underground and set up and clear toadstool => set up beequeen oven => start setting up docks and building boat or set up cave base and probably get bored, delete the world and start over again XD

I really need to push that last little bit to set up and complete new and full moon events and fuelweaver.  They are kinda the last things on my checklist I still don't do :\

11 hours ago, Peril35 said:

I still dont know what to make when exit , make alchemy engine, find tusk, make thermal stone and a fridge and a crockpot ?

Yes, that's what I do. Early ruins is quite intense so after getting back to surface just chill and settle down with usual base stuff & prep for winter.

Archived