Superheated water into oil well?

So you can limit the flow of water to 1000g/s and get it hotter than 100C and then feed it into an electrolyzer and it won't boil into steam.  I thought the same thing would work with an oil well that is in an area that is over 100C.  I thought I could send in 1000g/s of water to cool the area and reach temperatures of 125C, then turn into oil at 125 C, which has less SHC.  This seems to not be happening though and instead the water enters the oil well and boils off into steam there, causing no pipe damage, but failing to produce oil.  Though oddly, it is producing NG back pressure in the well.  WTF?  This area started off with only CO2 in it:

Screenshot from 2020-05-10 15-56-22.png

I'm am not entirely sure (you can easily test it), but I think the water inside the oil well exchanges heat with the environment. This might not be a problem if it is working since water wouldn't pile up and would be still be only 1kg at a time, unable to state-change, but when the oil well stops to get de-pressurized, water will pile up inside (and in pipes) which will cause it to flash to steam. I guess that no burst pipes is a result of what I said, water inside the well exhanging heat and/or stacking up above 1kg and flashing. Could you confirm it with debug? I can't right now. That's the best I can think of.

It happens to me too. What I could understand is that if the water exceeds the boiling point, even if it's not flashing in the pipes it will get "stored" in the pump where it overheats and flashes to steam. I also limited the flow to 1kg/s per oil well and I reduced the temp to 87-88 degrees.

The Oil Well storage is acting differently than the one on many other machines. It seems there is some interaction between the storage and the building (or the environnement). That's why often you can find some water into your oil pool. The NG's apparently heating the water in the inside. In the same way, the internal storage seems to be allowed to "evolve", and to finish any state change, like it does into pipe, excepting here it doesn't break the Oil Well.

Those 2 points match working together.

Separetly, the Oil Well seems to be able to consume unvalid element to produce NG and heat. In my bug report below, by mistake I've sent some crude oil into the building, and like you it didn't produce oil anymore, but only NG and heat, and of course consuming the power.

I think there's 2 different game mecanism into your report, that should be discussed separetly.

For me the first point that is allowing state change is logical. The building stores water. This water is (or was) heated above boiling point, So water turns into steam. That's all, and that should be like this for every building. In the same way, if a 1kg packet of water is heated inside the pipe, ok if it doesn't break the pipe, but when it comes out into the machine, it should comes out as steam. And if the machine wants water, steam goes out (is ejected) and machine gets damaged.

About the second point however, or machine gets damaged, or you only get an notification "wrong element" and have to operate an "empty storage" operation, or both...

But in both case, machine stops. No heat, no NG, no power consumption. How it's actually, I think doesn't make sense.

4 hours ago, suxkar said:

This might not be a problem if it is working since water wouldn't pile up and would be still be only 1kg at a time, unable to state-change, but when the oil well stops to get de-pressurized, water will pile up inside (and in pipes) which will cause it to flash to steam.

The well didn't stop.  The 1 kg of water entered it and was immediately consumed but no oil came out.

4 hours ago, Sx6944 said:

I try that idea for electrolyzer and it didn’t work. The moment water reaches eletrolyzer, it turned into steam and damaged the building. 

Damaged the building, or the pipe?  If the electrolyzer hits max pressure and fills with water and the pipe backs up, then it will damage the pipe.  Did you see "wrong element" or "heat damage"?  If the latter then it was the pipe, not the electrolyzer.

4 hours ago, SamLogan said:

To resolve this problem, the well must be completely immersed. You won't have any more steam.

Why?

6 hours ago, SamLogan said:

To resolve this problem, the well must be completely immersed. You won't have any more steam.

Well, not sure. If we consider the fact that oil well content interact with building/environnement, your advice is valid only if water that comes inside is below the boiling point, so the crude oil will come out below 100°C. If your water's heated above the boiling point before the well (OP's context), then the crude oil will come out above 101°C, keeping the whole machine and environnement above water boiling point. That highy probably should result the same. Vicious circle.

My advice would we to do not pre-heat water above it's boiling point, and then yes, you can immerse the oil well, keeping the whole stuff below 100°C. The internal (quite hot t°) NG should not measure up to the oil t° & density, so the water should not boil, indeed.

Archived