Any advice on compact aquatuner+steam turbine cooling loop?

You mean like in the attachments? It's not massively compact and you can ignore the coal generators if you have another power grid. I use this setup for almost anything, what you have in the screenshots is cooling my base.

AT cooler_1.jpg

AT cooler_2.jpg

AT cooler_3.jpg

AT cooler_4.jpg

4 minutes ago, TheMule said:

Temp sensor should be immediately before the AT if you want to push temperature down. Otherwise you risk cooling down the wrong packet and break the pipe.

I think that the reservoir before liquid temp sensor stabilize inlet temperature so there should be no real risk. Remember that polluted water has much lower freezing temperature than clean water. Moreover there are radiant pipes after the liquid temp sensor so the polluter water will be hotter for sure.

22 minutes ago, sheaker said:

I think that the reservoir before liquid temp sensor stabilize inlet temperature so there should be no real risk. Remember that polluted water has much lower freezing temperature than clean water. Moreover there are radiant pipes after the liquid temp sensor so the polluter water will be hotter for sure.

That's why I wrote 'if you want to push temperature down'.

If you keep your coolant 35-40 degrees above freezing point chances that a -7C packet reaches the AT are slim, expecially with the reservoir acting as a buffer.

Things are different if you want to get in the -5C/0C range. 

9 hours ago, Saturnus said:

One wire from pipe thermo sensor to aquatuner. That's it.

I'll typically throw in a filter gate into the sensor circuit as well, set it for 2, 3, or X seconds depending on how far the packet needs to travel before reaching the AT. Just make certain your system doesn't back up to point flow stops for several seconds at a time(such that the filter gate times out before the cold packet reaches the AT).

1 hour ago, TheDeamon said:

I'll typically throw in a filter gate into the sensor circuit as well, set it for 2, 3, or X seconds depending on how far the packet needs to travel before reaching the AT. Just make certain your system doesn't back up to point flow stops for several seconds at a time(such that the filter gate times out before the cold packet reaches the AT).

The exact setting for the filter gate is the number of pipe sections from the aquatuner input to the pipe thermo sensor minus one in seconds. With the thermo sensor adjacent to the input as in my set up means the filter gate setting is 1-1 seconds so it can be omitted.

Archived