[Game Update] - 408920

29 minutes ago, psusi said:

Clean it and use it to make oxygen?

I'm already using a source with a Co2 source for this and the oil generator generates a lot of water and it's not being able to treat everything

4 hours ago, psusi said:

Clean it and use it to make oxygen?

Feed it to Arbor Trees, Thimble Reeds, or some Pincha Pepper plants, imo. It is exceedingly rare for there to be such thing as "too much reed fiber" for people mucking about in the late game. :)

On 5/6/2020 at 7:08 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Hide contents

• Counter Sensor improvements:
    • Standard Mode: After its initial 0, Counter Sensor sidescreen displays its count as "10" rather than 0.

View full update

So, unless I'm too stupid so see a fix, it will never be possible to have a counter sensor send a green signal when at 0. It messed some of my systems quite a lot.. Can't we have the option? I can't really see any point in counting to 10, which can't even be displayed by the sensor!

@fatheroctopus pretty pleeeeeeease

Edited by suxkar
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, suxkar said:

So, unless I'm too stupid so see a fix, it will never be possible to have a counter sensor send a green signal when at 0. It messed some of my systems quite a lot.. Can't we have the option? I can't really see any point in counting to 10, which can't even be displayed by the sensor!

@fatheroctopus pretty pleeeeeeease

Isn't the counter sending Enable when reaching 10 (will rolling from 1 to 10, not resetting) ? Only the "reset" 0 doesn't send Enable, which is logical for me.

ATM I'm using a counter to reach 10, and another one to manage tens and go way over 10.

1 minute ago, OxCD said:

Isn't the counter sending Enable when reaching 10 (will rolling from 1 to 10, not resetting) ? Only the "reset" 0 doesn't send Enable, which is logical for me.

ATM I'm using a counter to reach 10, and another one to manage tens and go way over 10.

I'm using many counters that used to send Enable only when the counter was 0, now I can't do it anymore, there is no 0 option in the counter sensor.
Basically now it's not possible to have the counter send Enable after it has been refreshed. Am I wrong?

should allow signal reversal without using a port
and also set gas levels and temperature gauge for a specific device for example if i am making plastic there should be a way to measure the temperature of the machine that makes the plastic (she could tell me this value) so that it would define a temperature range of operation

9 hours ago, suxkar said:

I'm using many counters that used to send Enable only when the counter was 0, now I can't do it anymore, there is no 0 option in the counter sensor.
Basically now it's not possible to have the counter send Enable after it has been refreshed. Am I wrong?

I'm not sure to understand. Counter doesn't send signal when resetted, which is logical. But when it reachs 10 (default setting), it sends Enable (shot below, door's opening). Then if you roll one more time it goes back to 1, as it was on 0.

image.thumb.png.944687045bb6a17522b568b1721219b5.png

Indeed if you want the Counter to also send Enable when it's resetted, then I think (for me at least) your use of the gate isn't correct. Then you better should think about attaching an OR gate after the Counter, combining Counter output OR reset signal, to send Enable where you want to.

And if you only want it to send Enable when resetted, then why to use something that count if you don't care about the number counted.

9 hours ago, manotroll said:

there should be a way to measure the temperature of the machine that makes the plastic (she could tell me this value) so that it would define a temperature range of operation

Just put the machine into a puddle and set a thermo sensor into this puddle.

The more TC this liquid will have, the more reactivity you'll get from the sensor.

Edited by OxCD

33 minutes ago, OxCD said:

I'm not sure to understand. Counter doesn't send signal when resetted, which is logical. But when it reachs 10 (default setting), it sends Enable (shot below, door's opening). Then if you roll one more time it goes back to 1, as it was on 0.

image.thumb.png.944687045bb6a17522b568b1721219b5.png

Indeed if you want the Counter to send Enable when it's resetted, then I think (for me at least) your use of the gate isn't correct. Then you better should think about attaching an OR gate after the Counter, combining Counter output OR reset signal, to send Enable where you want to.

And if you only want it to send Enable when resetted, then why to use something that count if you don't care about the number counted.

Just put the machine into a puddle and set a thermo sensor into this puddle.

The more TC this liquid will have, the more reactivity you'll get from the sensor.

more put the machine in the water does not stop working? the machine reports the temperature via the topography sensor and the best solution

5 minutes ago, OxCD said:

I'm not sure to understand. Counter doesn't send signal when resetted, which is logical. But when it reachs 10, it sends Enable. Then if you roll one more time it goes back to 1, as it was on 0.

I'm on the same page as @suxkar and would like to see the "0 gives continuous green signal", like we had before, as an additional alternative option. Personally i used the signal counter, for example, as an input to set up how much you want to send over a pipe. It seems to be impossible now to set up numbers containing a zero.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stoeberhai said:

I'm on the same page as @suxkar and would like to see the "0 gives continuous green signal", like we had before, as an additional alternative option. Personally i used the signal counter, for example, as an input to set up how much you want to send over a pipe. It seems to be impossible now to set up numbers containing a zero.

Just set the counter to 10, and your 0 will send continuous Enabled signal when reached.

And if you want the resetted 0 to send green, without taking into account any counted number, a memory toggle and few NOT Gate should do the job. No point to count if you don't use the count.

Or maybe you can post your setup or an exemple of the concept, for me to understand, and (maybe) to try to find another way, because right now I'm unable to see how this could be a limitation.

8 hours ago, manotroll said:

more put the machine in the water does not stop working? the machine reports the temperature via the topography sensor and the best solution

Into a puddle, not a pool.

If there's only few kg/tile, the machine will not stop.

To put a machine into few kg of a liquid is one of the best way to: 1. Cool the machine with a cooling loop, 2. Get the temp of the machine.

The point of ONI isn't always to give us tools, but many times to give us components that we use to create tools, that we use then to build setups.

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OxCD said:

ust set the counter to 10, and your 0 will send continuous Enabled signal when reached.

And if you want the resetted 0 to send green, without taking into account any counted number, a memory toggle and few NOT Gate should do the job. No point to count if you don't use the count.

That was my thinking, a memory toggle would likely be able to address that particular need.

5 hours ago, TheDeamon said:

That was my thinking, a memory toggle would likely be able to address that particular need.

Indeed it does.. my problem is that I was using the sensor counter in a ridiculously dense and complicated automation area and now I just can't fit the memory toggle :shock: I'll have to rebuild everything..

23 minutes ago, suxkar said:

Indeed it does.. my problem is that I was using the sensor counter in a ridiculously dense and complicated automation area and now I just can't fit the memory toggle :shock: I'll have to rebuild everything..

While I understand with your frustration, knowing the fact that the "wrong design" you've made comes from a feature incorrectly implemented by Klei, understand that it should not be reasonable for Klei to change this feature as it is, because the Counter now does what it stands for, and changing it as you would like will just copy a feature that already exist with another tool, that was made, among others, for that purpose :)

8 hours ago, OxCD said:

Just set the counter to 10, and your 0 will send continuous Enabled signal when reached.

Or maybe you can post your setup or an exemple of the concept, for me to understand, and (maybe) to try to find another way, because right now I'm unable to see how this could be a limitation.

As i said, i was using the signal counter as input array to control how much stuff has to be send. Tbh, i have no clue what the memory toggle, you all are talking about, has to do with that. In the screenshot you see these counters in the yellow box which, in this case, were set to 1.169 kg of Hydrogen (7x150+119 in the gas reservoirs).
It worked perfectly fine with any number. Since "0" is not sending a continuous signal anymore, this simple functionality is basically completely gone because numbers containing a zero are not valid anymore and it sends endlessly.

Spoiler

package_counter.thumb.jpg.1cd0bb629598fe03670ecf522debe69e.jpg

This one is the latest version. Its the same thing though.

image.thumb.png.87cdb3e37c7a675363a2debc85f52a7c.png

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, stoeberhai said:

As i said, i was using the signal counter as input array to control how much stuff has to be send. Tbh, i have no clue what the memory toggle, you all are talking about, has to do with that. In the screenshot you see these counters in the yellow box which, in this case, were set to 1.169 kg of Hydrogen (7x150+119 in the gas reservoirs).
It worked perfectly fine with any number. Since "0" is not sending a continuous signal anymore, this simple functionality is basically completely gone because numbers containing a zero are not valid anymore and it sends endlessly.

I get that your setup isn't working anymore in how this feature is set now, I do not put it in doubt.

But it doesn't knock me off the fact I don't agree with you wanting the counter to be able to send Enable twice : when it reaches the set number, and when it's resetted, instead of sending enable only when set number is reached (and you can set any unit you want).

I didn't go deep further into your automation setup but I'm sure there's no obstacle to find another way of doing what you want.

image.png.434e60756e4d72ff7c15551663b45500.png

I'm using this to control my scanner up-time, using the rocket take-off as a start and a cycle counter to increment the main counter. I'm able to count from 0 to 99 (and going above should not make that much more heavy). If that could help...

Edited by OxCD

7 hours ago, OxCD said:

I get that your setup isn't working anymore in how this feature is set now, I do not put it in doubt.

But it doesn't knock me off the fact I don't agree with you wanting the counter to be able to send Enable twice : when it reaches the set number, and when it's resetted, instead of sending enable only when set number is reached (and you can set any unit you want).

I didn't go deep further into your automation setup but I'm sure there's no obstacle to find another way of doing what you want.

I think we just talk past each other. :D

It was not sending a signal twice, it was just sending a signal when nothing has been counted yet. This is important for the checking routing to pass over to the next digit. How is counting zero not a valid option for a counter anyways?
I get that the case where you set it to zero seems to be redundant because there are easier ways to do it in a static system but since it was a dynamical input where you can change the number basically whenever you want to whatever you want, a memory toggle is not working here without having to rebuild the whole part for the digit just to be able to use numbers like "1050".

I have spend a bit now trying to rebuild it from scratch with different checking routines but without success. Maybe i am just overlooking something, i don't know. But this functionality seems to be gone.

My point is just: It already was in the game and i think that this is a great way of using a counter.

98762894_Signalcounter.JPG.27eb8fd54c02f68072d65287a6c995b5.JPG

I am not the only one who used it that way. Maybe this post brings some clarification:

Spoiler

22 hours ago, stoeberhai said:

It was not sending a signal twice, it was just sending a signal when nothing has been counted yet.

Huh ok, so you were using the "counting" feature just as a display tool ? They were no output signal coming out from your automation setup ? (at least for the part where you're sending a signal when nothing has been counted) That's also what I get from the one from kbn.

EDIT: @stoeberhai say no more, I was already ready to get what you meant and to agree with the asked feature following your last reply, but today by myself I grasped an issue with my own counter layout, exposed above. And now I fully agree :chunky: we should be able to consider 0 as a valid number (but it should remain an option). The suggestion you've made above gets a 100% support by me ^^

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 1

Has anyone else's save started taking a really long time to load since the update? My game took less than 30 seconds previously and after the game was updated to 408920, it suddenly took 2 minutes! Nothing changed to my map in between. It's continued to take ages to load since :(

Kernel: 5.6.12-arch1-1
Resolution: 1920x1200
DE: Deepin
WM: Mutter(DeepinGala)
CPU: Intel i5-6500 (4) @ 3.600GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Memory: 15953MiB