Astronaut moral after the first space mission reduced from 30 to 4

Hello guys!

After my first space mission, the moral of my assigned astronaut decreased from 30 to 4.

Is he really depressed because of his space travel, or this is not normal? (I loaded my save again, but nothing changed)

Thank you

I do find it a bit stupid though. Are Astronauts typically super stressed when they come back from space? I'd rather they had some exhausted trait on landing and need an extra dose of sleep and food to bring them back to normal than break my otherwise perfectly happy and stress free colony.

5 hours ago, Olleus said:

I do find it a bit stupid though. Are Astronauts typically super stressed when they come back from space? I'd rather they had some exhausted trait on landing and need an extra dose of sleep and food to bring them back to normal than break my otherwise perfectly happy and stress free colony.

It's never been a problem for me.  They come home, are low morale, gain a little stress, then they go use the bathroom, eat in the great hall, take a shower and pass through the nature preserve, sleep in the barracks, maybe drink some soda, and are back at high morale.  And most of the time I don't ever unload them from the rocket unless I am re configuring them to go to a different destination.  For me, it's a much larger problem that they have to load an atmo suit into the rocket to take off even though they are already wearing a jet suit when they board.

Is it fine to let astronauts to stay in their command center in their rockets after landing until their next space mission?  If that be the case, I can recruit new dupes and permanently assign them to different space rockets without worrying for anything else (oxygen, lag,...)

38 minutes ago, evilcat19xx said:

Is it fine to let astronauts to stay in their command center in their rockets after landing until their next space mission?  If that be the case, I can recruit new dupes and permanently assign them to different space rockets without worrying for anything else (oxygen, lag,...)

Yep. Once they enter the cockpit, you can burn the ladder. That's their new life. :)

20 hours ago, psusi said:

It's never been a problem for me.  They come home, are low morale, gain a little stress, then they go use the bathroom, eat in the great hall, take a shower and pass through the nature preserve, sleep in the barracks, maybe drink some soda, and are back at high morale.  And most of the time I don't ever unload them from the rocket unless I am re configuring them to go to a different destination.  For me, it's a much larger problem that they have to load an atmo suit into the rocket to take off even though they are already wearing a jet suit when they board.

I guess the problem is more from a role playing perspective than anything else. If they never leave the cockpit again and don't even have a bed left in the colony, then it clearly doesn't cause a functional problem. It's just ... weird that some dupes go to space as tourists and get a massive morale boost, but the pilots come back hating their life.

On 5/6/2020 at 6:35 AM, Gurgel said:

Completely normal. All the temporary morale buffs have simply timed out.

Oh thank you! That was exactly my question.

Then the only problem (as Olleus mentioned above) would be from role playing perspective. I have 13 dupes, and they believe that 13 is a holy number (who r we to judge), so I guess I would hire new dupes to only be the pilots.

However I think they need to change this later...   

On 5/7/2020 at 5:50 PM, Olleus said:

It's just ... weird that some dupes go to space as tourists and get a massive morale boost, but the pilots come back hating their life.

I mean, if you've ever been on a car ride with someone going "are we there yet" constantly, you start to hate your life as well.

Archived