Thoughts on Smith/Record of Wins

The basic idea seems interesting, and he seem more focused on the fighting part, Renown makes sense but feels too vulnerable, an Influence ready to blow on your face, MOXIE sometimes is bugged and doesnt heal what it should but that and trauma/chain feels really good and unlike Rook i guess he ll be more likely to have allies so that you can heal while they are damaged, maybe even cards that turn your allies into the target :D

image.thumb.png.e1d3876c293c321fff52353bea9b1c1c.png

Queen is an angry customer

also please, add a boss/enemy rush "mode" for every character :D very sts like

image.thumb.png.52eaa09d93be429694faf10aa934ffc9.png

An endless mode in the same manner as Smith's Bar Fight would be amazing. Maybe even a way to "continue" your winning runs from Sal's, Rook's, and Smith's campaigns in said endless mode, so you can flex your decks to your hearts content, and have those final day boons/banes actually be more impactful

Some things are in the original post, including a breakdown of moxie for nerds and basically said moxie works for small damage and mitigates massive hits slightly.

Renown, I like, mostly because the character is a kra'deshi who rides on his family name, so he'd be scrambling for a comeback when someone ignores his family and judges them in the here and now. It's a mechanic that actually has decent lore behind it.

The game seems to ramp difficulty from character to character, from sal is easy, rook is medium, and smith is hard.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:58 PM, minespatch said:

image.png.e7b17b24f19891704a84e7ee5cd32e96.pngUm...

Can Jouste or another dev explain this image?

concept as a card, actually decent

however...someone at klei was paid to draw this...

should i be worried that being forced to stay home for this long has made the devs start thinking of bad ideas as great ideas..?

should i be scared of what's to come?

On 4/24/2020 at 2:29 PM, minespatch said:

Just didn't expect something that adult being in this game. I can understand the violence but.... Yeah.

Considering it's in a game where you can literally murder just about anyone you meet... yeah. S&M seems really out of place.

In all seriousness, though, Smith has some of my favorite card flavor so far. So much personality.

Naughty kradeshi IS the best card right now, period, because how much power it generates.

It does have one kryptonite, though, and it is the smuggler's bane, fragile health. Every time you take damage on your turn, you gain 2 power and 2 temporary power debuff, which causes fragile health to trigger and you take more damage. In the end, smith dies because of his poor life choices.

On the plus side, when you die, you have like a billion power and moxie.

We only have 30 cards right now with Smith, I don’t think we’ll be stacking Masochist quite as much with the full 60 card suite. Will make it less ridiculous then.

Then again, we might get more support for self-Damage decks by then, so maybe more decks will be happy to see it.

I do think the amount of weird interactions that temporary power produces due to introducing “power loss” as a debuff, means that mechanic should be reworked. Masochist is great even without cheating it into getting 10+ permanent power per turn.

Archived