Jump to content

Chlorine "bunches up in the corner/won't lay flat.


Recommended Posts

I'm attempting to set up a Drecko farm using Balm Lily(don't mind that there's only one in there right now). I'm trying to get a nice cutoff between the chlorine and the hydrogen(1 tile high of chlorine, and 3 tiles on top of that of hydrogen) and I know I've seen people do this elsewhere. As you can see there's a significant amount of chlorine in that tile that's highlighted and the top is anywhere from 5 to 9 kilos of hydrogen per tile depending on how far you are from the vent. I know I've seen farms where the gas overlay is just nice and tight like I've described. 

At first I figured it was too little chlorine so I added more chlorine, but that didn't work, so I added more hydrogen thinking it would push it down into that lowest row of tiles but the atmosphere in there keeps fluttering around making my Balm Lilies(Lily) stifle.

What am I doing wrong?

gas overlay.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my experience: increase the pressure of both gases. I had similar design with (AFAICR) 1.5K+ pressure/tile and it was quite (a) stable ;) Bottom layer was always chlorine, next was obviously unstable, but not really important, two top layers were stable hydrogen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for the swift responses friends, I will attempt to increase the pressure of both gassed and if that doesn’t work, I might go back a few cycles to when there was a vacuum in there and try starting with the chlorine and report back with my findings. 
 

Thanks again and have a good cycle friends. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

one easy way ive found to force the gas to level out is to put some liquid on the floor of the room, then have your duplicants mop from one side to the other. The chlorine will take the first tile cleaned, and then spread to each subsequent tile cleaned evenly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello. Maybe You should try with lower pressure? Why 5-9kg per tile? Try 500g per tile for both, hydrogen and chlorine. I tried it with same amount of H2 and Cl and with the same temperature and they are separated. 63430558_Beztytuu.png.4efcfbf8c3e3d04bd511427f767f8235.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There seems to be a general phenomenon where gas drifts downwards to the right. You can really see that with CO2 when it hits a mostly closed off room or area. It seems when the algorithm picks a direction for gas movement somehow prioritizes that direction.

For the Drecko stable, you can put in some tiles to limit where the gas can drift

1682632179_DreckoStable2.thumb.jpg.491f0975f482322bb63f2bdf900f6abc.jpg

 

Three or four tiles wide works.It should settle eventually. You can build gas pipes through those pits and deconstruct the pipes to get the gas there. You might be able to remove those tiles when you have a layer, but save before you try. No guarantee how that will go

You certainly don't need that much hydrogen. That probably messes with the gas flow too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, idkthatcool said:

No luck on the liquid on the floor thing it laid out initially but after a bit it floofed back up.

It works pretty well everytime ive done it on mine but i also set it up so there was an even amount of gas when I made the stable so maybe thats part of the problem? I had 2k per tile of hydrogen and 2k of chlorine in their respective tiles

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I threw in the towel and started over, I was able to tackle the Drecko farm much more easily and effectively this time around as you'll see.

20200424063904_1.thumb.jpg.1f1ffa037075450af5fb3e97c86fe006.jpg20200424063906_1.thumb.jpg.73f23876424249816364591b0051002d.jpg

As you can see the respective gas pressures are much much lower, the hint that I had missed the first time around is in the requirements panel for the balm lily.

20200424064247_1.thumb.jpg.6c541c70545bad1448b1d1f8e80e2640.jpg

The balm lily requires a paltry 150 grams of pressure to grow in the chlorine environment. My error was assuming that making this ranch was going to be resource intensive in addition to labor intensive. I figured that I'd need large amounts of gas to pressurize the area sufficiently but all the information I needed was in the requirements panel all along.

Thank you all for your help, this community is often the most helpful I've ever been a part of.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...