Endgame nightmare fuel farming.

First of I don't know if that is intended mechanic or not, but shadow creatures take demage form toadstool's boomshrooms. As I said in the title you will need loot form Fuelwaver. Grab food for ~5 days put it in the fridge near toadstool and put some light (preferably form star caller staff). Now equip bone armor and bone helmet, let toadstool charge up with her sporecaps and let her do the work. You need to position yourself to lure shadow creatures into exploading boomshrooms, and avoid demage, and for that bone armor is advised. I after food ends usually get max 10 stacks of nightmare fuel, the process might be boring but ist effective. In case you do it in winter or worse in spring you might want to take thermal stone(s) and stay near stars. I think it is possible to do using nightmare amulet, but i don't know and it might be risky. As we are talking about nightmare amulet (it works the same with bone helmet) it is good to piont out that you can GREATLY increase durability on your amulet by simply equiping it only for a split second and then put it back, because instantly after using amulet one shadow creature will spawn and you can repeat the process. In case you know a better way to mass farm nightmare fuel  please tell me or something. I think i was inpired to try this method after noticing some nightmare fuel after toadstool farm, and after watching Lakhnish Monster video showcasing farming NF using reanimated skeletons around toadstool, but i thought it was too annoying. Anyway forgive me any grammar errors or misuse of some of the words, english is not my native lenguage.

Keep yourself insane with start/stop channeling of lazy deserter and equip bone helm back and forth to trigger shadow spawning. As Maxwell, you can lock yourself in insanity with 2 duelists + 1 worker and as such avoid having to use lazy deserter.

I was able to farm 75 nm fuel in a day as wolfgang with a bonehelm and hambat so thats around 1125 nightmare fuel in a season if your completely and only farming nightmare fuel. That's pretty good and should set you for life (hopefully) in fuel. So perhaps the simplest way of farming the fuel is best. (btw almost 2 stacks every day at best and perhaps a stack and a half at least)

3 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

How does this compare to shadow spleumonkey farming?

Tbh I have never tried monkey farming so I need to try that. Any suggestions that doesn't involve charecter specific items?

2 hours ago, Bluepufferfish said:

I was able to farm 75 nm fuel in a day as wolfgang with a bonehelm and hambat so thats around 1125 nightmare fuel in a season if your completely and only farming nightmare fuel. That's pretty good and should set you for life (hopefully) in fuel. So perhaps the simplest way of farming the fuel is best. (btw almost 2 stacks every day at best and perhaps a stack and a half at least)

Yes you are right, but I just don't like using portal to change characters too much (+ i dislike wolfgang... just dislike and that's all) I like to stick with one per save.

3 hours ago, Nogard78 said:

Tbh I have never tried monkey farming so I need to try that. Any suggestions that doesn't involve charecter specific items?

Yes you are right, but I just don't like using portal to change characters too much (+ i dislike wolfgang... just dislike and that's all) I like to stick with one per save.

You could probably use tooth traps for the monkey farming, but it seems kinda inefficient to me. I use abigail so i just rile her up and ready my krampus sack.

4 hours ago, Nogard78 said:

Then you can lure rocky crustaceans to  the monkey village and everytime you reset the ruins you will have help to kill them.

You can also use reanimate skeleton or repaired clockworks

The cave reanimated skeleton is the best for some shadow splumonkey killin', he got an aoe effect and kills them in 1 hit, and he can also be used by anyone, i would say he's just waaaay better than Abigail, Weremoose, rock lobsters, that innefficient Wicker tentacle farm, and tooth traps for this kind of job.

7 minutes ago, Nogard78 said:

Since I am using sans to clear up ruins, I can try using him for monkey farming. One more question how does his aoe works, for example can i get hit even when holding thurbile?

I think it works like the forge bosses' aoe attacks iirc, it only goes to one direction that they're targeting instead of the whole area around them, and it also doesn't deal damage to friendly allies, so you won't get hit if you're using the shadow thurible.

2 hours ago, Lammarr said:

I think it works like the forge bosses' aoe attacks iirc, it only goes to one direction that they're targeting instead of the whole area around them, and it also doesn't deal damage to friendly allies, so you won't get hit if you're using the shadow thurible.

Nope, you can get hit for a huuuge 100~ dmg even holding thurbile... both from snare and normal attack... Ouch Thurbile is protecting me only from snare.

Archived